Video 46" FullHD LCD TV?

Anish

Skilled
Looking for a 46" LCD, 1920x1080, for about 90-95k

Samsung is giving me super deals on their Series 5 and Series 6 for 88k and 95k respectively.

Sony India's dumb website is not working so I have no clue what they got.

Any other brands I should look out for? Preferably not LG..

Also please don't suggest Plasma's I just got rid of my 50" Hitachi thanks to lame service and frequent issues..

Thanks!

this months What HiFI has a comparison of 46" LCDs. But no Samsung in the list! wich seems kind of silly.

They have given the Sony KLV-46W400A the top rating. It retails for 1,13,900
2nd place goes to the Panasonic Plasma 46PZ85

Oh super, thanks a ton! I'll go do some serious bargaining with the Sony guys. Lets see if they can come down to ~ 1L :)

well its better to wait for the new sony and samsung tvs.in ur budget the upcoming LE-40B650A and the sony V550A,W550A should fit .they all have vastly improved image processing,contrast levels and huge improvement in power consumption.

countrock said:
this months What HiFI has a comparison of 46" LCDs. But no Samsung in the list! wich seems kind of silly.

They have given the Sony KLV-46W400A the top rating. It retails for 1,13,900
2nd place goes to the Panasonic Plasma 46PZ85

Does Panasonic make 46" plasmas and are they available in India?

Anish said:
^ Is that a 40" or 46"? I'm looking specifically for 46". Also when are the new models out?

Thanks!

well the 46inch version of W series may be above ur budget,but the V series can be had within ur budget.the news models should already be available in the grey market,but officialy should be in june.
the samsung new B650 series is also well worth the wait.

@Vij
well panasonic 46inch version of its plasmas are not sold in india.

buy Sony KLV-46V550A or KLV-46V400A for 90-100k as Samsung does not have as warm colors as Sony :)

or buy the Samsung 6 series UA46B6000VR LED TV for 130-150k

If you're keen on an LCD, also check out Panasonic's offerings. There are some nice new Philips models out as well, the PFL9603 looks nice.

TechHead said:
If you're keen on an LCD, also check out Panasonic's offerings. There are some nice new Philips models out as well, the PFL9603 looks nice.

Philips & Panasonic use S-IPS which quite frankly looks crap once you see a H-IPS/S-PVA so better to buy Sony/Samsung :)

Udit said:
Philips & Panasonic use S-IPS which quite frankly looks crap once you see a H-IPS/S-PVA so better to buy Sony/Samsung :)

I disagree :). No IPS panel is "crap"..
Ask Switch or anyone who's purchased a Panny LCD.. hell, ask for an audition yourself. S-IPS panels have the best colour reproduction, decent blacks. And which TV has H-IPS anyway?

Short explanation of the differences:
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1262785

S-PVAs have better contrast, granted. But a lot depends on the electronics in the TV as well.

Back