Laptops 4GB RAM, Which one to go for?

As long as the frequencies are same or higher, and the latencies are the same, it is ok to install another memory chip, and no issues should be there.

Ideally go for either G Skill or Corsair, with the Transcend being your last choice.

Then go for corsair one! It would be better to have a matched pair. However it is almost impossible to find a perfect matched pair.

I'm also using Dell XPS l502x and would like to upgrade the RAM to another 4 GB. I'm not too clear about the RAM specs so I have attached the cpu-z info of my current 4 GB stick. Please help me with the RAM model I should go for and probably a flipkart link will help me further. Thanks.

RAM.jpg

But is it compatible with my current 4 GB stick. I think the pair should have same specs for better and safe performance. Thanks.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Thanks. However the product is out of stock on flipkart.[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]This guy at prime is having : http://www.primeabgb.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=4350&category_id=448&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=53[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]But there seems to be a mismatch between the model nos: [/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]CMV4GX3M1A1333C9 vs
CMSO4GX3M1A1333C9​
[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]it is the same product or different?[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]the specs seem to conform with my current samsung stick (refer screens above).[/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Guys please help me out here...[/font]

The corsair ram is back in stock. Thinking of ordering it for my l502x which already has 4gb ddr3 1333mhz ram. Shall i go for it?

^Yes, you can proceed freely. But one should always try to buy RAM locally especially when you're sceptic about compatibility, reason being the same. Saves you from all the hassles when the kit doesn't works. Just my 2 cents.

Ordered the Corsair 4GB from Flipkart. 9-9-9-24 :)

I've bought Transcend and Kingston till date but decided to opt for Corsair this time. Have heard nice things about their after-sales service.

Back