5-star or inverter AC

avanildutta

Disciple
Hello guys i am planning to buy an AC pretty soon.. but i am confused whether to go for 5star or inverter. Coz the price difference is almost 12-15k. My main concern is the electricity bill should be easy on my wallet coz the one that i currently have is a 3star. And my bills during summers are sky high.. as compared to winters. I will be using it almost 24x7. If not than atleast 16hrs daily. So is 5-star ok or should i go for inverter type. Plus any other merits of inverter acs. I am noob in such things so any advice would be helpful.. And yeah in plain english as i am no expert in technical stuff.. Thanks.. [emoji4]

If you are going to use it for 16 hours throughout the year, Inverter is only choice you should make.

Inverter ACs share concept of Diesel car. You have to pay extra compared to petrol variants. But your run should be on higher side than only it is cost effective.

Yes, I second that. Inverter Ac's pay back handsomely in the long run. Just be prepared to use a stabilizer or ensure that the electricity supply in your area is pretty constant. Some of these ac's are particularly finicky about that and the local technicians cant really get their heads around if something goes wrong.
That said I can personally recommend Daikin and panasonic.
Also you can follow articles on bijli bachao. A really good informative website.
https://www.bijlibachao.com/top-ten...electricity-consumption-tonnage-in-india.html

Sharp inverter AC are the cheapest available in the market when I bought it last year . It has the constant power saving mode that will force your AC to work at lower effective tonnage/ power consumption.

I bought 1.5 ton Daikin inverter AC last year, its the best decision I did. There's a lot of savings if you run for 12+ hrs daily.

Most importantly the cooling is quite uniform, no sudden up and down in temperature due to non inverter ACs. You get what you pay for, inverter ACs are a good investment.

What do you guys think of voltas inverter ac.. As i have an authorised dealer nearby and getting a 1.5 ton for almost 39k. Is it good.. daikin is around 45k. Havent search a lot though. Its just that i was thinking of voltas..

Voltas is quite decent. Check for service center in your place. Ask for the material of the coils - copper would be best. Aluminum is used in lower end models, will go kaput after a couple of years. Copper can be brazed not, aluminum coils. Replacement cost ~7k for the copper coil.

Thanks guys for all your inputs. But have decided will go with inverter ones as they are power efficient than 5stars.. voltas top priority though.. will be buying in a weeks time. Will update once purchased.. thanks once again..

The efficiency figure of new Hitachi Kashikoi Range are the best but they are priced very high. Daikin AC's have much lower street price. Try to get Newer FTKM / DTKM range from daikin, 1.5 ton shall cost around 45k.

Back