Laptops 50 to 70k. lappy recommendation needed

ashr

Skilled
hey, i'm going to study in canada in a few weeks and i'll need a laptop over there. i dont think i'll have access to a desktop where i live so i'd rather have something that i can use as an all round thing rather than those tiny ultra portable ones..

* What's your Budget? 50 to 70k - lower = easier to convince dad :p
* What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? video editing and production with some gaming
* What size and weight considerations do you have? bigger the better but 15inch should be perfect as higher would be really heavy.
* Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? something for which i'll get good support aboard. i have to buy here though.
* Any other considerations? widescreen.. good lcd quality.

thanks in advance :)

coz ur gonna use it for video editing,get a Core Duo lappy.
check out the Dell Inspiron 9400 Notebook,17inch,costs 70k or the Dell Inspiron 6400 Notebook,15.4inch,50k.

@mjp1618, i already have a 13inch macbook which i can take with me if i want to but i really need something with a better video card. the one i have doesn't have a dvd writer either. on a related note, has anyone tried boot camp? how's the performance?

im looking at the dell inspirons and the hp pavilions. the asus s96j posted by sirius in the other thread seems very interesting too.. anyone have any info about the 13inch version of the dell xps? or can i get something better for the same price with the inspirons?

thanks in advance.

Back