Budget 71-90K 5600 amd or intel 12400f Second Opionion on mid-range gaming pc build

basu

Recruit
1.What is your budget ?

70-80k

2.What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)

None.

3.Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)

Nil

4.Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.

Cpu - 5600
Motherboard - MSI B550M Pro-VDH wifi
SSD - Kingston 1Tb Nv2 M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0
RAM -8GB*2 Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600MHz
PSU - Cooler Master MWE 650 Bronze
Cabinet - Deepcool CC560 WH ATX
GPU - 6650XT

Cpu - 12400f
Motherboard - ASUS Prime B660-Plus D4 Motherboard
SSD - Kingston 1Tb Nv2 M.2 2280 PCIe 4.0
RAM -Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB *2 3200MHZ
PSU - Cooler Master MWE 650 Bronze
Cabinet - Deepcool CC560 WH ATX
GPU - 6650XT

5.Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
Yes this is final configuration.

6.Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
Hyderabad.
Also open to online purchase.

7.Would you consider buying a second hand hardware from the TE market?
Yes

8.What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
primarily gaming
browsing

9.Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
No

10.If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?

God of war , resident evil 3 , gta v, cricket 22 etc

11.What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage

1080p

12.Are you looking to overclock?
no
13.Which operating system do you intend to use with this configuration?
Windows 10

Thanks in advance for your time and effort.

1681274980099.png

Source :
09:30
This video should give you a fair comparison between the two CPUs. Also to be noted, in this test, they haven't enabled PBO for the 5600

If I were to build a pc right now in this budget, I would be building something similar to this : https://pcpricetracker.in/b/s/7ef3cb90-9cfb-4e29-9009-4080ca0a2f40
1. The motherboard doesn't have onboard wifi, but it does have an upgraded audio codec, which might be better if you will be using the 3.5mm jacks instead of a usb audio device. You can absolutely go with your original motherboard too.
2. Since you are only going to be gaming and browsing, going to a gen4 ssd might not provide a drastic improvement in your day to day usage. I decided to save a 2k and go with sn570
3. I was able to fit in 6700xt in your budget, I don't know if you'll ever need this amount of performance for 1080p. But if you ever decide to jump upto 1440p or just coast on this GPU for a long time on 1080p
4. Dropped in some white RGB ram and CPU cooler for aesthetics as I can see that you have a TG side panel

This should give you an idea on what you'll be able to achieve if you max out your budget.

You can definitely stay closer to 70k as it is with your original build and spend the extra money on a good mouse and keyboard, or you could save it and do with it as you please

RX 6700XT prices begin at 33k these days. See if you can accommodate it.

Check this rig, which is similar to what you put together but with 6700XT & 32GB RAM at 81k:

R5 5600 & i5 12400 perform similarly in games. I own i5 12400 myself, bought it because it was cheaper than 5600 when I purchased + iGPU is nice to have. Now R5 5600 is cheaper or similar to 12400F but mobo prices are higher for B660. I purchased Gigabyte B660M DS3H AX for 10.5k last year, now it is 13k & its non WiFi one is 11k+. So good B550 mobos are cheaper, thus bringing down build costs to upgrade some other parts like GPU.

CPU entry level (3).png

You can choose either of them as both perform 98.9% identical. Still I would prefer Intel unless you had asked this a yr ago when 5600x was the king in that bracket..

I'd pick option one and go ahead with team red. A 6600XT/6650XT is suitable for 1080p gaming and will run most games at medium to high settings. Plus you save some money on the AM4 platform as a whole.

If you're looking into the used market, you can snatch up a B450/B550 motherboard but the 5000 series processors are hard to come by. I haven't seen many listings here. As for a used GPU, well, you can find RTX 3060/3060Ti or a RX 6700XT at 20K-25K mark but do your due diligence when buying a used product.

For that budget, I would pick ryzen 7600x really, reason being the motherboard with the am5 will supported for at least 2025-26, that means you can upgrade your CPU 1 last time before you have to change your motherboard, that really adds value in the long run.
Apart from this, since you will be gaming only at 1080p, you don't need a very powerful gpu but a decent one atleast, you can look at 3060ti or 6700/xt. I understand most people would like to cheap out on power supplies a bit, but putting 1-2k extra only results in electricity savings in the long run (this applies only if you are paying for electricity), look for gold ratings minimum.

For that budget, I would pick ryzen 7600x really, reason being the motherboard with the am5 will supported for at least 2025-26, that means you can upgrade your CPU 1 last time before you have to change your motherboard, that really adds value in the long run.
Apart from this, since you will be gaming only at 1080p, you don't need a very powerful gpu but a decent one atleast, you can look at 3060ti or 6700/xt. I understand most people would like to cheap out on power supplies a bit, but putting 1-2k extra only results in electricity savings in the long run (this applies only if you are paying for electricity), look for gold ratings minimum.
I wouldn't really recommend ryzen 7600x mainly due to budget constraints, am5 is very new so motherboards are costly , only ddr5 support which are again very costly , rather I'd suggest save money and invest in gpu later maybe when platform has matured sell older parts and upgrade to new one.

Any specific reason for this? People just keep suggesting nvidia even for gaming even though AMD offers much better value. I haven't heard any complaints about drivers or anything in recent times.
In some scenarios, going mainstream can be quite helpful in the long run - PC components in particular

In synthetics tests, a similarly priced offering from AMD (both CPU and GPU) may seem to be 5 maybe even 10% better than Intel or nvidia respectively.
But during actual usage, the chances of hitting minor bugs is often higher- and in some cases, these bugs can be absolute dealbreakers and make that 5/10% theoretical gain pointless.

for example, I had to completely dispose an AMD build I had done circa 2015 or 16 because of major issues with hypervisors .
Maybe for me, its a case of once bitten , twice shy - but in general, it stands to reason that the likelihood of code being tested more thoroughly and better optimized for mainstream offerings can be quite a bit higher.

Any specific reason for this? People just keep suggesting nvidia even for gaming even though AMD offers much better value. I haven't heard any complaints about drivers or anything in recent times.

Totally based on my experience of HD 4870, Rx 570, 580, 5700xt and nvidia 2060, 30xx series, Nvidia software stability is better.

For eg. quick switching, alt + tab or Windows button while gaming for quick browser work, once in a while causing game crash, with Nvidia I never had such crashes even when undervolted.

AMD is better value, yes, but if you have to re-sale then it will loose more than you saved in the first place, AMD has very poor re-sale value.

Back