60% Reduction In 3G Tariffs Has Lead To 78% Increase In User Base

and more than that,
its also ridiculous band chosen for LTE services.
those bands will require higher no. of towers and higher battery consumption.

our 4G is on 2300 and 2600 mhz bands.

that's why re farming and new licenses are lucrative.

you can get far better network penetration with 900 1800 bands on which LTE or whatever newer tech comes , can be rolled out .

the spectrum licenses are going to be technology neutral.

OT: shouldn't the title be "60% Reduction In 3G Tariffs Has Led To 78% Increase In User Base" instead of "60% Reduction In 3G Tariffs Has Lead To 78% Increase In User Base".. ?

OT: shouldn't the title be "60% Reduction In 3G Tariffs Has Led To 78% Increase In User Base" instead of "60% Reduction In 3G Tariffs Has Lead To 78% Increase In User Base".. ?
No, the title is correct. AFAIK, there is no English word called Led. The tenses for Lead are Lead and Lead (Present, Past, Future)

No, the title is correct. AFAIK, there is no English word called Led. The tenses for Lead are Lead and Lead (Present, Past, Future)

actually, lead is led in past tense.
The difference between lead and led (grammar lesson)

This problem i think is mainly because of US english contaminating the web with UK English. Indians used to learn in UK English properly, but going on the internet you get exposed to all sorts of spelling.
To add to the confusion, these spell checks in browsers changed all that with people relying on them to give the correct/wrong spelling. I routinely see people on those US forums write to instead of too, lose instead of loose, etc.
before people shoot me for being a grammar nazi, i'll leave things here.

^ You can't really compare prices to international level. Apart from the network equipment, everything comes cheap. Although I do believe their plans are not optimized for a price sensitive market like India. What brings the most part of money in developed countries like USA or UK are the combo plans. What they probably can do is provide a cheaper talk-time plan for students and some minutes+data+text plans for their main profit.
Actually nothing comes for cheap for Indian telecom companies, their major expense is interest expense on their financial statements. How do you think are they funding the auction prices, or capital expenditure required to purchase/lease towers? Its all through bank debt, the big international players take USD loans (interest rates of 4-4.5%), while the Indian telecom company would need to take most of their loans in INR (11-12%). ARPU is very low, the only salvation is the large user base which it hopes would use more telecommunication service in future. Its actually more profitable to open telecommunication services in Sub Saharan African countries then in India atm.
The only way data prices will go low are if talktime/text prices increase. Unfortunately the Indian market is a very chatty market, and hence very sensitive to talktime charges. The advent of smartphones usage might change the economics, when everyday population finds out that they can do a lot besides talking/texting on a phone.

@6pack, that's interesting, and I need to go back and check where I went wrong :D My learning has been based on UK grammar so somewhere I must have missed this point. Americans suck when it comes to English grammar and spellings and what not. 'I ain't not following them'. Seriously?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back