Budget Above 40k [60K] Best Smartphone around 60K

napstersquest

Thread Police
Adept
Asking on behalf of a relative. She wants to buy a smartphone around 60K for her daughter (22 y/o) who is in BE (Graduation).
No specific preferences. Just the regular ones: Good battery life, Good camera, Less bloatware the better.

Is there any alternative to the iPhone 14 at that price range?
Thanks in advance!

Under 60k=

OnePlus 11
OnePlus 10 Pro
Xiaomi 12 Pro 5G
Vivo X90 5G

Under 70k=

Samsung Galaxy S23 5G
Google Pixel 7 Pro 5G
Motorola Edge Plus 2023
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Asus ROG Phone 2 512GB

iPhone 14 seems to be the best option in that range. Or iPhone 13 Pro if it comes in the budget.

If looking for Android, I would recommend getting a Samsung S series device in the budget. They are overall much more polished when compared to OnePlus and the likes.

Safe purchase overall - whichever iPhone fits in that price.
Safe purchase among Android (barring bloat and lag), whichever Galaxy S phone comes.
Unsafe but best camera (for stilla) purchase, Pixel.

60k - OP11 looks decent for the price

70k - S23 - a compact phone is a pro for some, con for some others. This is the proper alternative to iPhone 14.

Avoid S888/888+ or 8 Gen 1 phones. 8+ Gen 1 phones can be considered as that has better efficiency than the former ones. 8 Gen 2 is obviously a good SoC.

iPhone 13. Costs much less than iPhone 14 and both are identical. But remember this:

Using iPhone with a Windows/Linux PC/Laptop and trying to use non-Apple ecosystem (watches, earphones etc) is not recommended. If she is going to buy a Mac etc, go with iPhone. If she is going to use a windows laptop and all, go with Android. Either get the Pixel 7 or Samsung S23. These are the best droids right now for that budget.

Create a poll with these options
iPhone 14
Galaxy S23
OnePlus 11
Pixel 7 Pro

I'd vote for S23. OnePlus 11 is a really good phone but once they launch OnePlus 12 they'll forget about you and give you buggy software updates. If you change phones every year go with OnePlus.

Create a poll with these options
iPhone 14
Galaxy S23
OnePlus 11
Pixel 7 Pro

I'd vote for S23. OnePlus 11 is a really good phone but once they launch OnePlus 12 they'll forget about you and give you buggy software updates. If you change phones every year go with OnePlus.
The software plays such a big role in making or breaking an android device now. These days, almost all midrange and above phones have fast enough CPU that is capable to provide iPhone level smoothness only if the software was properly optimised. I don't think OnePlus is planning to work on its software side anytime soon since they are already getting plenty of sale.

If longevity of the device is a requirement, I would strongly suggest getting an iPhone.

Not even close
It's a OnePlus 9 pro and the dp is from last year.
Ohh right the two cameras at the bottom are a dead giveaway. My bad
1683650867930.png

Pixel 7 pro, even tho processor isnt that great, it has amazing camera, no bloatware, and regular security patches, very good oled display with very high max brightness which can help alot on sunny day And always up to date with some times timed exclusive features dropping, although battery life i think is not that great on new pixel, still should give 5-6h sot

Pixel 7 pro, even tho processor isnt that great, it has amazing camera, no bloatware, and regular security patches, very good oled display with very high max brightness which can help alot on sunny day And always up to date with some times timed exclusive features dropping, although battery life i think is not that great on new pixel, still should give 5-6h sot
In 2023, that battery life is not good to have when you spend so much. Pixel 7 pro has a relatively inefficient SoC & QHD panel just worsens its battery life.

1683895665441.png

Back