65 Inch 4K TV from reliable brand

raksrules

Elite
1. Budget.

Nothing fixed but can go upto 1.5L

2. Viewing distance.

8 ft to 15-20 ft

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.

Internet streaming, firstick 4K, don't have cable as of now but may put I later but not sure.

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.
No plasma. Others ok

5. Preference for brands.

Prefer top tier brands, no crappy Chinese brands

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?
If reliable seller then yes.

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room.
No ambient light

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.

Not sure

Since our 10 year old Sony 46 inch tv is being shifted to another room, we are now needing to buy a big screen TV in the main living room. We want to get a 65 incher this time. I would prefer reputed brands and no Chinese ones. I intend to keep TV as much as I can. Don't have a set budget but can do upto 1.5 lakh if needed. TV needs to be 4K and I know most tv now are smart tv but I plan to use fire tv stick 4k connected to the tv.
Also I had read that some tvs now have the apple TV embedded (not sure if it is full featured) but that would be nice to have but not necessary.

Last edited:
The 2019 versions of Samsung, Sony and Lg have apple tv. Since you already have a Sony Z, I guess you are used to contrast ratio of VA panels, So your options are limited to samsung and in Sony only the X9G and upward models have va panels.

The 2019 versions of Samsung, Sony and Lg have apple tv. Since you already have a Sony Z, I guess you are used to contrast ratio of VA panels, So your options are limited to samsung and in Sony only the X9G and upward models have va panels.

I honestly have no clue about panels but my existing TV was bought in 2009-2010 and it is sony Bravia KLV-46Z550A. Does this have VA Panel? It was bought from gray market for 1.12 Lakh (was I think available for 1.7L in store officially).

I honestly have no clue about panels but my existing TV was bought in 2009-2010 and it is sony Bravia KLV-46Z550A. Does this have VA Panel? It was bought from gray market for 1.12 Lakh (was I think available for 1.7L in store officially).
I was the one who recommended this tv to you 10 years ago, that is why I said Sony Z , if you have a grey market option you can still go for them its not as cheap as before . Yes back then till about 2016 all Sony had VA panels.

I was the one who recommended this tv to you 10 years ago, that is why I said Sony Z , if you have a grey market option you can still go for them its not as cheap as before . Yes back then till about 2016 all Sony had VA panels.

Shucks. I totally remember now. Thanks again man. That tv still works like new. Zero issues. Especially that UI was a rage then. Something starting from X. I am still trying to not spend 1.5L if my dad is ok to have a smaller new TV (40 inch or less) in his room then I will chuck the idea of buying this 65 incher.

For nostalgia purpose, here is the thread.

We had 6 pages of discussion then.

During Diwali, LG OLED C9 55" was available around 1.25 lac in retail shops.

On Amazon it is currently listed at 1.45 lacs.
65" oled will surely exceed your budget of 1.5lac, but i think if you are willing to spend more than a lac oled are way to go.

If my dad is ok to have a smaller new TV (40 inch or less) in his room then I will chuck the idea of buying this 65 incher.
Don't do that. You will certainly enjoy the bigger screen. Same size as the last does not feel like an upgrade and it needs to be big enough to notice the difference
Post automatically merged:

How about the One+ 55" QLED TV?

OnePlus 138.8 cm (55 inches) Q1 Series 4K Certified Android QLED TV 55Q1IN-1 (Black) (Without Stand) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07W5QZQ45/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_4YVnEb3SGNXPX
1+ does TV's also ? who knew :oops:

If the 1.5l budget is a hard stop then go with a 55" LG C9 OLED.

I would pick a 55" OLED over a 65" VA/IPS anyday. The picture quality more than makes up for the loss in screen real estate.

I got a Samsung 55" Frame TV during Diwali but then I saw the C9 at Reliance Digital when I went to buy a washing machine and that thing was freaking awesome. I would suggest going to Croma/Reliance Digital and checking it out for yourself.

Prices seem to be lower on Amazon though.

Plus if you go for a new gen console which are set to release this year the 1440p@120 Hz option would come in real handy.

His viewing distance is 15 to 20feet at that distance, 55inch would be small, I would go with the biggest size you can get.
2019 C9 oled from lg should drop further once the 2020 cx models make it into india.

Hisense have announced they are coming to India, they have this dual cell (which have another lc layer) lcd tv, which destroys every other conventional full array local dimming tv and will not have the draw backs of oled.

Last edited:
From what I had observed during my purchase about like 5 years back, during March-April you should get good deals on exiting models as this is time companies refresh their models. I am not very sure if this is still true, but you may consider this.

Dont go for anything other than OLED if you're spending north of 50-70k.
Most of the deals you see in shops, have a huge bargain scope. Even in reliance digital.

As of now we have dropped the idea of buying the 65 incher. The one we have 46 inch still works Stellar and the room where my dad is going to stay now, we will be getting mostly the ondia fire tv edition.

i think @Futureized had an Onida which was not supporting Netflix or other apps in HD. Make sure you look into those details too if you're going to stream content.

What ? That is a major downer. I do have a spare Fire stick 4K at home which I can plug but then there is no point buying a fire tv edition. I may then look into cheaper 40 inch options.

Last edited:
Disregard that info. I think he had a Google certified TV.

According to Amazon specs for the TV, I think both the TV's support widevine L1/L3. So you should be able to get full HD in Netflix and Amazon prime video.

Heard that a 55 inch 4k version would be releasing soon in couple of months.

Bought the 43 inch Onida Fire tv and yes the sound is flat. It is not always an issue but still I would want a better sound and am now looking for a sound bar (opened another thread).

Otherwise tv is good and inbuilt firestick is what we wanted for simplicity of operation for my dad.

Bought the 43 inch Onida Fire tv and yes the sound is flat. It is not always an issue but still I would want a better sound and am now looking for a sound bar (opened another thread).

Otherwise tv is good and inbuilt firestick is what we wanted for simplicity of operation for my dad.
How often does the firestick need to be updated ?

Back