Graphic Cards 6600gt=TRoubles

techboy

Adept
Hi

I have Amd 64 3200 + Asus A8N-E + Corsair Value Select 1gb in dual ch(not supported) ,bios 1001,antec sl450 with 25A on +12va line
These probs wither on win xp with sp1 or sp2
with driver 66.93 or 71.84 or something

NFSU2 demo
artifacts with aa
sometimes 3lines appear with card with aa

UT2004
after exiting game ,comp sometiems restarts

IGI
Artifact

XIII
Artifact(line) beside mouse cursor only on 1280*960 or somthing
lower res may be ok

Rise Of Nations
Computer hangs ,screen goes blank and there is some repeating sound or something maybe after sometime
same has happened with hitman:contracts demo and pop:ww demo

Cossacks II demo
Doesn't allow to change graphic details only res can be changed as there is option only for that
min supported res-1024*768
runs just acceptable at that and slow at 1280*1024

also, the comp sometiems just hangs
also,with nfs hp2 in a particular map in a particualr place there are small lines laid in horizontal form,they look like aritfacts

also,in project : snowblind, after the scene showing the gun scenes ,not while playing but the introducing scenes

the scenes don't proceed.

pls help

Which NF4 drivers you have installed.
6.53 is the best one now.
The newer custom combination is known to cause these problems.
I will recommend you do following.
Uninstall all Nvidia drivers from control pannel. That includes all IDE, Display, LAN and AUDIO and PCI system manage ment drivers.
Reboot. Use Driver cleaner professional edition and remove traces of all old drivers.
Install 6.53 NF4 drivers.
Reboot.
Install 76.50 or newer 77.72 Nvidia drivers.
And see what happens.
I am assuming you have DX 9.0c installed. If not then install it first.
I had similar crashes with any other NF4 drivers except this 6.53.

Also update your bios. The one you have is very early version bios. Lots of issues have been fixed since then.

nfsu:2 does artifact unless u enable aa within the game.(not exactly artifacts but the light glow spreads where it isn't supposed to)Its a known issue with all current NV cards and frankly isn't much of a bother since u can always enable aa ingame.

I get lines with aa in nfs u2

also with the cursor i get line (arifact) whih moves with cursor in XIII only at 1280*960 or something

also,in crazzy taxi i get line with a particular cursor

also,in nfshp2 in a paritcular level i was getting aritfacts at a specific place atleast and
those were small lines laid in horizontal form ,a number of them and when I stopped the card there they were visibile still sometimes type of

should i rma the card?

why would i install nforce dirvers in the first place
i have creative sound card and why would i use lan?

how o i upgrade my bios to 1005?

whould i return my graphic card
even after i installed 77. drivers and nforce 6.53 or something
i still got the line aritfact with cursor in XIII

Have you tried this card is any other system. You will not know if its the card or the RAM that is iving you the problem.
Corsair value select gives problem on A8N-E and A8N SLI.
Corsair XMS works just fine.
Get it done over with. Its been a month or so you are asking same question.
Go to dealer check the card in any system he has. Tell him to replace it if its faulty or get the ram replaced for other Ram like Hynix or transcend or Kingston.

But why would faulty ram show artifacts.

Also,i have installed nforce 4 drivers downloaded from nvdia site and have installed 77. drivers something
and ron didn't crash for maybe over 40 minutes!
is the crash prob permanently solved?

but new prob,
in ron when i move mouse the screen seems as divided in many dots which seem to vibrate,not artifacts,but as if the screen starts vibrating,
also,in Cossracks or something,when i moved moue sometimes a prt say a small object of proevious screen didn't move and moved later as if what is not supposed to move comes to next scrren or moves

also,the cursor hasn't gone yet with XIII

format ur system and try installing the 66.86 drivers and see if there are artifacts or not .....it seems 76.50 was faulty for me(6600GT) after installing that i was getting artifacts ....... even uninstalling that and installing the 66.86 was giving me aftifacts so i formatted the system and installed 66.86 now its working fine .....currrently downloading 77.72(whql)....so will tell ya the results after installing that .......anyways can u chk ur card in some other system .....

i have 77.72 or something

how many times shud i for mat my pc?

how did you get clawhammer with amd 2800?

also,ron hasn't crashed for abt and hr,amaybe abt 50mins

techboy posted 17.55 minutes later:

where do i get 66.86,not even in nvidia archive

1)But can faulty ram bring artifacts,lines or feeling of vibration of each pixel in games ?

2)Also,do I need to try just any other ram or also format hd?

3)Can I upgrade to bios 1005 from 1001 by desktop,remove one module and then try as according to the user guide a single module is supported?

3)Can I upgrade to bios 1005 from 1001 by desktop,remove one module and then try as according to the user guide a single module is supported?

Huh ? You want to flash the Bios through Windows !!! Sorry aint possibe AFAIK.
Artifacts may occur due to various reasons, but if its a video card issue it should occur in all games not just a few.

Back