Graphic Cards 6600gt=TRoubles

Aces170 said:
Huh ? You want to flash the Bios through Windows !!! Sorry aint possibe AFAIK.
Artifacts may occur due to various reasons, but if its a video card issue it should occur in all games not just a few.
Aces, you can flash the bios from windows... there's a util called asusupdate that does exactly that ;)

But my 9800pro hasn't exactly showed artifacts with tony hawk a particualr version and nor with collin mc rally 03,though in collin i may have lost control over the car!

also,in user guide it is written that i can upgrade bios through windows as well

Techboy,
Three things
1. You need to upgrade the a8N-E bios to 1005.
You should use ASUS Update V6.07.01
Don't use any older version, since you will have problems with A8N-E
I would recommed you download the BIOS file 1005 and then use the option in asus update to update from a file rather than Internet.
Any version previous to 1003 has compatibility problems with memory.

2. Then go to the nvidia site / drivers and download the Nforce 4 AMD platform drivers - version 6.53.
Then download the video card drivers 77.72 Video card drivers.
but you will have to uninstall all your previous drivers and use driver cleaner pro in SAFE MODE before you install the new drivers
Install in that order.

This is exactly what funky said. but i am repeating.
3. But frankly i think your problem is that your graphic card (i am assuming is an NVIDIA based 6600) is that your PowerSupply Unit is not being able to provide enought power. It needs more power than your ATI

would love to know how it goes. Happy fragging.

I have an antec SL450 with 6600gt

also now i was getting the lines even with ut04 and maybe with chronicles of riddick and these lines are at partiular places.
And i may have got proper artifacts as well with ut04 once atleast.

Can faulty ram get artifacts?

Also,i have 6.53 and 77.72 maybe
and my comp again still may have crashed with chronciles o riddick.

and,
in cossacks 2 my comp is not too good even witth 104*768(lowest supported res shown in menu)

Why don't you replace your card as well as ram? Those are the only two things that can be a problem so why not replace both.

How do I replce them?
Why would I buy a new card?,I might RMA.
Also,can't mobo be at fault?

Also,what all things can cause artifacting?can incompaitible ram or faulty ram do it?

techboy said:
How do I replce them?
Why would I buy a new card?,I might RMA.
Also,can't mobo be at fault?

Also,what all things can cause artifacting?can incompaitible ram or faulty ram do it?
If they are in warranty, just take the stuff back to where you bought it from.

i just bought this yr and card and mobo have total 3yr warranty

shd i take the card to smc without checking further?
and can ram cause lines/artifacting?

techboy said:
i just bought this yr and card and mobo have total 3yr warranty

shd i take the card to smc without checking further?
and can ram cause lines/artifacting?
Yeah take the card. Well I havent seen ram causing artifacting but since the ram is known to be incompatible with the board, its best to replace it with some other brand.

but nmostly the artifacts were either dots over a / more than one particular surfaces or dots on part of the screen(in hitman contracts)

also,how did the card suddenly go bonkers?
shd i try other drivers?

techboy posted 1.62 minutes later:

can the pcie slot be unclean or faulty?

Man. Asking same thing again and again dosent help.
Do you understand ENGLISH?
Get the damn card replaced.
Hardware can go bonkers any give time. I had my mobo go bonkers the day i bought it. My old GF2 needed to be replaced within a week.
Or get the entire system to the dealer and tell em to fix it. As simple as that.

But diff comp parts were bought from diff persons.
Should I get graphic card RMA or first upgrade bios and tryt with diff ram

artifacts(lines/line) still with manufacturer supplied drivers

yep first the graphic card and i would say RAM too if you face problems with it later.
The ram you have is known to cause problems.
Have you ran memtest on the ram or tried running prime to see if system is stable?

memtest showed no erors after running for maybe almost an hr or higher
more than 400% coverage.

also,can artifacts come by unclean pci-e slot ?

also,can a cooler(run by water maybe) (not ac) have sploiled my thing at a dist of abt 2m from my comp direct in direction of my comp.

Back