PC Peripherals 8 Hrs powercut - need inverter for PC :(

How much are you spending to reduce your power consumption? Efficient fans, laptop? Also it would be great if you can schedule usage of power hungry devices (geyser, washing machine etc) between 9pm-8am (nonpeak hours).

For that kind of money - might as well get a genset with a small UPS.

Me gonna use only PC+ Table fan+tubelight nothing else .Geneset i hear is costly to run
<

@

sam000

u dont need a 1400va ups juat buy a 850va from shiny series.

http://www.su-kam.co...iny-Series/26/1

For a 3-3.50 hrs back up you are right the 850VA would do with just a 150 ah bateery but that means deep discahrging the battery everyday ....it will reduce the life of the battery drastically for example the excide normal batteries are rated for 300-400 deep discharges only but the IT500 tall tubular series is rated for more than 700 cycles the uber expensive EL series is ratred at 1200 cycles of deep discharge .

thats why earlier replies say that i should instead go for normal batteries in series like 150ah X2 with the 1400VA sukam so that i dont need to drain the battery completely daily.

Genset would cost you about 1L of kerosene/hour for a 1KVA generator at load (thats a very approximated value)

kjerosene availabilityan issue here also they are expensive- not an option am afraid
<

APC PURE SINE WAVE INVERTOR WITH UPS FUNCTION (CAN SWITCH TO UPS OR INVERTOR) = 4500/-

MODEL-BI850SINE

CAPACITY-850VA

EXIDE INVATUBLAR -12000/-

MODEL:-IT500

CAPACITY:-150AH

I AM USING IT......WORKS GREAT.....PRICE ARE LATEST.(LUCKNOW U.P.)

http://www.apc.com/r...e_sku=BI850SINE

http://www.exide4u.c...nva_tubular.htm

Damn those are mouth watering prices man -IT500 here costs Rs 15000 with 3 yr replacement warranty - also APC doesnt like voltage fluctuation - had a very bad exp. with its 1000VA model - APC guys told me to purchase some other indian brand as they couldnt help their unit from going kaput so often - so switched to microtek double battery 800VA UPS which can take a wide range of voltages - i am a satisfied customer so far
<
.No more APC for me
<

Damn those are mouth watering prices man -IT500 here costs Rs 15000 with 3 yr replacement warranty - also APC doesnt like voltage fluctuation - had a very bad exp. with its 1000VA model - APC guys told me to purchase some other indian brand as they couldnt help their unit from going kaput so often - so switched to microtek double battery 800VA UPS which can take a wide range of voltages - i am a satisfied customer so far
<
.No more APC for me
<

The Microtek 800VA that you have: does it switchover without a restart when your PC is at full load? (basically during gaming)

Also, how old is it and how much did you pay?

Need to replace my old UPS, and am looking for options

kjerosene availabilityan issue here also they are expensive- not an option am afraid
<

<
.No more APC for me
<

i am using APC products for over a decade.never had any problem.i am surprised to hear that you have problem with APC.

best of luck for your purchase.

microtek voltage range

Input Voltage​

:​

100V~300V (Wide input voltage range)

180V~260V (Normal input voltage range)​

APC voltage range

Input Voltage​

:​

100V~290V (Wide input voltage range)

180V~260V (Normal input voltage range)​

i didn't see much difference.and the best point is APC manufactures TRUE pure sine wave as compared to other brands.

cost price of IT500 for sellers:- 11500-12000

selling price:- 12000-12500

(they generally charge 500-1000 rupees per battery)

i purchased this new unit in november 2011.

No man it doesnt switch over when gaming - depending on how much your rig consumes and how long backup you want you can go for either the 850VA or the 1000VA model
<

No man it doesnt switch over when gaming - depending on how much your rig consumes and how long backup you want you can go for either the 850VA or the 1000VA model
<

I was more worried about compatibility due to the APFC issue, if the 800VA one restarts, the 1000VA one probably will as well (its a i5-750 with an ATI 5770, 3HDD's and a vx450w)

@samiryadav​

APC i had was not a true sine wave model but the back up series and i bought it for Rs 7500 - it was replaced by APC for more than 11 times and the final replacement just blew up in ma face one morning - i am not joking it literally blew up .

From the BR1000IN page :

Input voltage range for main operations

175 - 295V

Input voltage adjustable range for mains operation

160 - 286V

Microtek 800VA :​

AVR : 135~300V AC

What i have observed is whenever the powerchute software shows the volatge going below 190V it would go to battery mode and make that annoying beeping sound until the voltage picks up-draining the battery in the process
<
- if the battery drains often and becomes weak their service engineer says the board inside the UPS also gets affected - i dont know how far this is true - may be thats why mine went dead so many times with frequent voltage fluctuations aand the draining who knows
<

The microtek its not a problem in this scenario its AVR works without switching into battery mode and drainingthe battery - in all these 12 months i havent seen the microtek going to battery mode not even once for low voltage
<
- add to that the power situation in tamil nadu has worsened beyond belief - 5 powercuts daily with lot of voltage fluctuations - my earlier APC ups wouldnt last a week in the present situation .

Overall a 2.4K product doing what a 7.5 k product couldnt - that too pretty well - so am a happy customer
<

And for the bad reviews on APC you just have to search for it - lot of people have burned their fingers by going the APC way
<
here is an example from techenclave itself :

I had two APC 800VA units before, am using one as a foot-rest and the other was a door stop before it disappeared mysteriously. More than the quality of the units (one lasted just over a year and the other about 18 months), the local service for APC was pathetic - I will never buy another APC product if I can help it. Enough said.

this from another forum :

APC UPS Sucks big time, I Am currently using a 650VA Back UPS ES and it's the 2nd one that I am getting(under warranty ofcourse) after the one I bought failed and currently this one dosen't provide more than 2 minutes of back up.But the Service is quite good,but once I am through with the warranty period i am getting myself a Microtek or Su-Kam for sure.

Now i am gonna call up the APC Guys and request for another replacement UPS
biggrin.gif

a petrol pump i know has replaced its APC inverter for more than 6 times - there are people who have smoked 20k+ going the APC way
<

I was more worried about compatibility due to the APFC issue, if the 800VA one restarts, the 1000VA one probably will as well (its a i5-750 with an ATI 5770, 3HDD's and a vx450w)

Yeah that was ma biggest worry as most people here said that i will suffer from that incompatiblity - No issues with the VX450 - if i were you i would go for the 1000VA model just to be safe
<

<

Yeah that was ma biggest worry as most people here said that i will suffer from that incompatiblity - No issues with the VX450 - if i were you i would go for the 1000VA model just to be safe
<

A bit confused here, when you are gaming, are you saying that it doesnt switch over because it gets overloaded and restarts the computer, or are you saying that it works fine without restarting?

Cause, 800VA should be enough for anything powered by a vx450w

@sam000
For a 3-3.50 hrs back up you are right the 850VA would do with just a 150 ah bateery but that means deep discahrging the battery everyday ....it will reduce the life of the battery drastically for example the excide normal batteries are rated for 300-400 deep discharges only but the IT500 tall tubular series is rated for more than 700 cycles the uber expensive EL series is ratred at 1200 cycles of deep discharge .

thats why earlier replies say that i should instead go for normal batteries in series like 150ah X2 with the 1400VA sukam so that i dont need to drain the battery completely daily.

there can be another option rather than going 1400va and 150ah x2 invest in 20" LED monitor it'll save around 80W which will further increase backup.

A bit confused here, when you are gaming, are you saying that it doesnt switch over because it gets overloaded and restarts the computer, or are you saying that it works fine without restarting?

Cause, 800VA should be enough for anything powered by a vx450w
No restart nothing - it works flawlessly
<

there can be another option rather than going 1400va and 150ah x2 invest in 20" LED monitor it'll save around 80W which will further increase backup.

20" will save me 80W ? wow can you recommend any model that has good after sales service ?

@samiryadav​

APC i had was not a true sine wave model but the back up series and i bought it for Rs 7500 - it was replaced by APC for more than 11 times and the final replacement just blew up in ma face one morning - i am not joking it literally blew up .

From the BR1000IN page :

Input voltage range for main operations

175 - 295V

Input voltage adjustable range for mains operation

160 - 286V

Microtek 800VA :​

AVR : 135~300V AC

What i have observed is whenever the powerchute software shows the volatge going below 190V it would go to battery mode and make that annoying beeping sound until the voltage picks up-draining the battery in the process
<
- if the battery drains often and becomes weak their service engineer says the board inside the UPS also gets affected - i dont know how far this is true - may be thats why mine went dead so many times with frequent voltage fluctuations aand the draining who knows
<

The microtek its not a problem in this scenario its AVR works without switching into battery mode and drainingthe battery - in all these 12 months i havent seen the microtek going to battery mode not even once for low voltage
<
- add to that the power situation in tamil nadu has worsened beyond belief - 5 powercuts daily with lot of voltage fluctuations - my earlier APC ups wouldnt last a week in the present situation .

Overall a 2.4K product doing what a 7.5 k product couldnt - that too pretty well - so am a happy customer
<

And for the bad reviews on APC you just have to search for it - lot of people have burned their fingers by going the APC way
<
here is an example from techenclave itself :

this from another forum :

a petrol pump i know has replaced its APC inverter for more than 6 times - there are people who have smoked 20k+ going the APC way
<

<

BEST OF LUCK FOR YOUR PURCHASE
<

20" will save me 80W ? wow can you recommend any model that has good after sales service ?
A 17" comsumes 90-100W of electricity during operation and start current is much higher,it can overload UPS(battery mode) if its switched on from off state.A LED monitor typically consume around 20W.

u can get a Dell IN2030M ~5.8-6k

Friends today i setup 875VA microtek inverter and 150AH okaya battery.

1)

My doubt is inverter electrician told me don't use stabalizer for TV.But i afraid about voltage fluctuations.My TV is 32inch LCD.

What to do? or can i use TV without stabalizer??

2)

what is UPS mode and Normal mode.

Friends today i setup 875VA microtek inverter and 150AH okaya battery.

1)

My doubt is inverter electrician told me don't use stabalizer for TV.But i afraid about voltage fluctuations.My TV is 32inch LCD.

What to do? or can i use TV without stabalizer??

2)

what is UPS mode and Normal mode.

1) Higher chance of TV restarting and the stabilizer getting spoilt when connected inline with an inverter

2)Inverter mode:large input voltage range, flicker when switchover

UPS Mode: smaller input voltage range, no flicker

Thank you for reply

Friends share ideas how to prevent Tubular Battery and inverter from faults and accidents (precautions)??

it will helps to all users
<

8 hours power cut is indeed a bad thing. Kudankulam plant is absolutely safe accoring to all experts who have come and visited the plant. It should be implemented immediately. Other TN will suffer loss of industries.

APC is a trusted and rliable brand. However, you should check out other brands as well.

Friends 4days before i bought 875VA microtek inverter and 150AH okaya Big red Tubular battery.

Today i tested 540W load.i got battery low symbol after 2.30hours.

But i expect 3hours.Why it happend or my calculation wrong??

share your ideas soon

Thank you

Back