8 Mbps From Airtel

Hope this signals(pun unintended) the end of capped 1 mbps and 2 mbps connections ;)

By the way.. what the heck does this mean?????

Announcing the launch of the new product, Bharti Airtel President (Broadband and Telephone Services) Atul Bindal said with this the Airtel broadband customers could now browse multiple windows and at the same time, download heavy files, view streaming video, enjoy online gaming, chat, email and other applications.

I've been doing that (read forced) since the time of BSNL dial up!!:p :p

1-2 mbps unlm now! noobs can take the 8mbps with 7-8gb cap (and come crawling back after finishing their limit in less than week).

Ahh see we have 2mbps connection but we still cant see 256kbps uncapped at 500 buks......so i m not +ive right now..but will still be happy if they give unlimit at that speed for night at max 600 buks

I would take this plan, 8 Mbps for limited hrs it says(and 6-8 GB limit) , I am sure the rest of the time there would be some sort of unlimited connection.

I would love to have this connection for 8-10 hrs a day even @ 2k,

As of now I am using Airtel 128kbps Unlimited for 700/- what would be a better upgrade: Airtel 256 unlimited for 999 or BSNL 2mbps for around same cost??

BSNL sux in terms of customer care and tech issues in Delhi and NCR

wow!!
i am already imagining mtnl comming up with something like 8 Mbps with Nights Unlimited as "New Year Gift" to all its existing Customers :eek:hyeah:

Its all a marketing gimmick and publicity stunt, we home end-users would be left with our tongue drooling hoping for something that will never happen :mad:

Shakensoul said:
Its all a marketing gimmick and publicity stunt, we home end-users would be left with our tongue drooling hoping for something that will never happen :mad:

true :p

what's anyone gonna do with a 8mbps with cap limit :S

i hope atleast they revise the costs of 128, 256 and 512 UL to something like 300, 500, 900 respectively :bleh:

EDIT: noob query..

how is unlimited data transfer gonna affect their profit :S ?

SharekhaN said:
sir , if you dont plan to download heavy files , what is the difference between a 2 mbps connection and a 8 mbps connection :)

+1

Even with 2mbps.. I am running out on good things to download now..

Well so mostly i download High Qual movies, etc... but my basic list of things to download is over...;)

Besides imagine what kinda HDD ull need for 8mbps connection i.e 1MB/s i.e at max u download 84GB/Day...okie u download only at nights...40 GB/night ;)

Also Bluray Discs/Writers arent common yet..so making backups will be heck of a job..;)

v1gnesh said:
EDIT: noob query..
how is unlimited data transfer gonna affect their profit :S ?

It will lower their profit margin, more data you download, more they have to pay to their isp.

I dont understand what you guys are so happy about! Whats the use for guys like us without provision to do unlimited download ? Tomorrow they may come up with 16mbps connection with 10 GB monthly limit. Why the hell should I care?

^^ejjhactly...i'd rather live with my crappy 256/512 night connecation as long as (even with a night u/l) I don't have to dilligently time my usage and keep an eye on my daytime usage

Back