80's Kids...

I'm sure some of you are old enough to remember the 80's especially the late 80's and early 90's...

What I am curious to know is which of the 80's toons were your favs?

Original He-Man,She-Ra,Original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Original G.I.Joe,Count Duckula,Duck tales,Talespin,M.A.S.K etc...

*Please NO anime*

He-Man, GI Joe, TMNT, Mask, Duck Tales, Tales Spin, Spiderman, Tom and Jerry

I dont really know if Force 5 is counted as anime or a toon.
Also, i think Fantastic 4 also existed at the time....even Ghostbusters.......Transformers (if u call it a cartoon)
Call me a Cartoon freak or whatever :bleh: but yes, i watched loads of cartoons.
I liked another one called The Adventures Of Jhonny Quest....dont remember when it started...

This also reminds me of various programmes i used to see... like Giant Robot, Batman etc;) :D

Nice thread:D Rated;)

He-Man, Duck tales.
Does anyone remember usual DD summer special japanise TV series called "Giant Robot" ?
it used to air mostly in vacation time, specially in summer and diwali vacation.
Then there was tom and jerry. And my aunt gifted me silverhawks VHS tape as a kid and i used to watch it over and over again :p
Then once i got cable in our home and had cartoon network then it was "Centurions"

As far as tv serials goes, i remember watching Knight Rider and street hawk( this was my favourate).
Does anyone remember this or am i getting old? :p

Gaint Robot!!!!! And of course he-man, spiderman.

Then when cable tv started, watched lotsa cartoons on StarTV. Used to get up at 5.30 in the morning :eek:hyeah: The anime series - Vanguard Ace and others were good. Then there was Thundersub.
Can't remember any other at this time.

Giant robot ! Lmao ! i still remember that lumbering giant :p. Streethawk was one i enjoyed watching as well. Among the toons a lot of tom and jerry, Jhonny Quest, He-Man, Spiderman, Batman. I remember sketching a lot of TMNT and disney toons so those were among my favs as well.

yeah I remember street hawk too...

anyone remember didi's comedy show?

All those years ago DD used to show a few english programs + movies... I remember they even showed star trek.. ouch I feel old and pathetic.

I LOVED Street hawk and knight rider too. I was damn disappointed when they stopped street hawk and made a new one called Knight rider.

Dont really remember the other serials of that time. In the 90s too, I did not watch much cartoons.... Loved the Power Zone cartoons on Cartoon Network though. Swat Kats, Centurions, Ninja robots, Space ghost, Birdman, etc.... :p

hehe...

if anyone is interested then the whole fantastic four series is available opn DVD on amazon...as is a *lot* of other stuff for nostalgic freaks :D

my favs would be pretty much what i listed and some more but theres too much...^_^

dont forget yogi bear...lol and probably a huge fav for all...scooby doo

hey i remember watching some ultra cool robot toons in star-plus in the 93-95 period

i dont remember all their names but some were: grandizer, saber rider
there were many more but gi-joe and duck tales were my fav

I used to watch He-Man, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,Centurions, Swat-Kats, SpiderMan, Batman, Fantastic 4, and lotz more i loved Cartoon Network but they stoped showing Cartoon Network in my City(Its a Pay-Channel so requires Set-Up box to see):mad: . Also Cartoon Network Showed Ninja Robots, is it a Cartton or anime??? Any one have seen it???

opps forgot to mention Tom and Jerry, Flintstone, Jetsons, Thundar-The Barbarian, Ritchie Rich, Ghostbursters, Scooby-doo,Captain-Planet, Joney quest, Moby Dick, all Looney Tunes/Warner Bros Shorts(Hey wats up doc), Space Ghost, Bird-Man, Goltar and the golden Lance, now can you guiyz see how much time have spent on Cartoons(Thanks that i wearing glasses @ -4 Power).

There was days i thought Cartoons were my life, now seeing animax these days.

mine all time favorite is tom and jerry ..... i was having many of them on VHS tape, every summer vacation mine cousin brother buys me some..... then ducktales, talespin, micky mouse and all .... after this the most liked was The Wonder years then F.RI.E.N.D.S ....... still want to see The Wonder Year ..... if anyone has recorded episodes of this please please do tell me ....

KingKrool said:
anyone remember didi's comedy show?
that rocked!! also there was some russian show called tele-movies, which DD used to show when rain stopped play (in a cricket match)...very funny, kinda like takeshi's castle

Any one remembers the warner Bros cartoon called "I love to singa"

it's about a family of Owls and the boy owl wants to sing jazz but the dad wants him to sing opera.

"I love too singa about the moona and the juna and the springa, I love to singa"

Nice one

Back