Graphic Cards 8600GT mkv file 1080p playback stutter

Could you tell us, what kind of HD file is that? I mean to say, is that a movie or a Video Clip? Specify its name.. It may help us to know, whether it is H.264 or VC-1 Content based..:D:

broar94 said:
Forget about the purevideo HD troubles. Just use coreavc next time to play your HD files. Use CCCP(ffdshow decoder) for other files for maximum video quality :D

and how do you do that ??

ive never been able to successfully install individual required codecs and play the videos smoothly.

can you guide me on which codec pack\individual codecs to install after a fresh Windows installation.

most of the hgih quality videos are also not looking good after in installed new XP.

i usually play HD-dvd rips in mkv format or the normal avi dvd rips and the other normal formats like mp4 etc etc.

ive heard Klite mega codec package is not all that good and may screw up the codecs:ashamed:

ive had already installed KLite 4 earlier and now installed coreavc..

how to use the CCCP(ffdshow decoder) ?

@OP-sorry for hijacking your thread..err hope you dont mind.:p

muzux2 said:
Could you tell us, what kind of HD file is that? I mean to say, is that a movie or a Video Clip? Specify its name.. It may help us to know, whether it is H.264 or VC-1 Content based..:D:

I am attaching the info file generated by mediainfo.

FaH33m said:
and how do you do that ??
ive never been able to successfully install individual required codecs and play the videos smoothly.
can you guide me on which codec pack\individual codecs to install after a fresh Windows installation.
most of the hgih quality videos are also not looking good after in installed new XP.
i usually play HD-dvd rips in mkv format or the normal avi dvd rips and the other normal formats like mp4 etc etc.

ive heard Klite mega codec package is not all that good and may screw up the codecs:ashamed:

ive had already installed KLite 4 earlier and now installed coreavc..
how to use the CCCP(ffdshow decoder) ?
@OP-sorry for hijacking your thread..err hope you dont mind.:p

No problem at all. About your problem, maybe post #19 will help?

Attachments

• codecinfo.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 145
@ plsoft
Dont worry, not all HD will stutter, only VC-1 based ones you will get high cpu usage.. Well, Thatz why ATI cards are havng edge in HTPC over Nvidia counter parts.. Even GTX 280 didnt support full VC-1 decoding, and is not good for NV..
:D:

muzux2 said:
@ plsoft
Dont worry, not all HD will stutter, only VC-1 based ones you will get high cpu usage.. Well, Thatz why ATI cards are havng edge in HTPC over Nvidia counter parts.. Even GTX 280 didnt support full VC-1 decoding, and is not good for NV..
:D:

Yup, that seems to be the case, very disappointing.

Downloaded wmv 1080p file and played it with media player 11, cpu usage hovers around 20 t0 50%. Checked the file with mediainfo and guess what, it uses VC-1 format. So i guess my high cpu usage has to do with mkv container or h264 codec, and not with VC-1 as was suspected earlier. I'm attaching file infos of both the videos.

Attachments

• mkv 1080p.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 87
  • wmv 1080p.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 121
hmm..But you still gets 50% Cpu usage, smetime it even can went 70% for few sec. Well, yes it was mkv format whch pureVideo cant handle & ofcourse partial VC-1 support leads 50% usage. Check rockfella post, he gets 15% usage coz of full VC-1 Support.:D:

Yup, after googling for most of the day and reading countless threads, the conclusion is that hardware acceleration doesn't work with mkv for nvidia cards :no: .

The EVR is helpful to those who are on Vista with NV G92 / GT200 and all Ati 4000/3000/2600+ cards.

Those who are on vista x64, make sure you get x64 coded software for playback or the GPU offloading wont work properly.

I am trying the latest Media playet classic Home cinema v1.1.604.0 x64.
And results on HD3450 are simply amazing with EVR. ( make sure Playback output is set to vista / .net ).

MPC Home cinema EVR (vista / .net 3.0) is suppose to work with windows xp as well with the .net 3.0 installed. But I cant confirm this first hand as I dont have XP setup.

1080P playback pic below and see the cpu usage of MPC.

So if anyone is on x64 edition of vista, download x64 MPC home cinema.

Yup tried the EVR setting for vista/.net with mpc:home cinema after reading from another forum but no change in performance at all. Looks like it's a typical problem with nvidia cards.

TechHead said:
WTF? My 8800GT doesn't show DXVA in MPC-HC. Why is this? Forceware 177.19.
For me, DXVA is shown only if i use Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder after adding it in the external filters of MPC-HC. But if i enable DXVA mine always shows a green screen while the audio continues to play.
Edit: Maybe this is because Cyberlink doesn't support mkv officially?

BUMP; a screenshot :p

653634.JPG

Back