99% of Casio Edifice watches sold on ebay is replica...confirmed by seller

i can't understand why people want to pay 2k and 4k for fake watches. in the end you will only get to see two hands or some digits in a lcd display.

:runs away: :)

sunny27 said:
I just bought this today - Casio Illuminator - MODEL NUMBER - AW-80D-7AVDF (AD62) - http://www.techenclave.com/show-off/the-everyday-show-off-thread-124079-62.html#post1612047 - ! I am glad I didn't buy it from ebay--it was listed for 2400rs. I had to pay 2695 but I am happy I bought it from the biggest luxury watch boutique in Ahmedabad. The shop keeper said the same thing about fakes in Ebay being passed of as genuine.
Do you know that Showroom's also carries fake sometimes ?

^^

I doubt a showroom advertising the Casio logo --- would retail fakes. Any one come across such a case..?

Praks said:
@Mohit

Any idea what is the cheapest you get this Casio Edifice ? Possible to get for 2000 Rs :) ?

Damn all of Casio Edifice bids go to 6000 to 7000 Rs.. I feel even the seller might be bidding to increase the price.
well 2k is a distant possibility , u can search on ebay .com all edifice series and other seiko types aree listed in the price range of 60-70$ including shipping , u can buy them from there and prat that u are not charged any customs or atleast less than 500 if at all ,.

all ebay sellers source their watches fro there and sell it here at almost double margins , u can some cost for sure even if u r charged customs and mind u these r excellent pieces , nobody can tell them if these r fakes :p ,

not even company people :rofl:

imo they r worth even if they work 1.5-2 yrs which i m sure they will and @ 1/3rd the normal price :bleh:

VOiLA said:
Do you know that Showroom's also carries fake sometimes ?
@ voila - the shop i bought it from is a watch boutique - the cheapest watches they have are casios! i saw some swiss hand made watch for 5 lakhs yesterday at their shop guys were handling it in gloves - i doubt he would keep fake watches!

MohitPreet said:
well 2k is a distant possibility , u can search on ebay .com all edifice series and other seiko types aree listed in the price range of 60-70$ including shipping , u can buy them from there and prat that u are not charged any customs or atleast less than 500 if at all ,.

all ebay sellers source their watches fro there and sell it here at almost double margins , u can some cost for sure even if u r charged customs and mind u these r excellent pieces , nobody can tell them if these r fakes :p ,

not even company people :rofl:

imo they r worth even if they work 1.5-2 yrs which i m sure they will and @ 1/3rd the normal price :bleh:

Right said buddy.. I would not prefer to spend 8k on Original Casio stuff.

Would spend 2k & wear for 1 year :) Thats better. I dont like that generations to keep thing. Any good place to get Casio Edifice cheap ? Are u aware of any good & trustworty seller in ebay.com ?

^^ just search for casio edifice watches in ebay.com and u will be able to find hundreds of such china/singapore basesd sellers shipping to india and most of them have good high positive feedback like 15000 , 20000 plus , 84000 with atleast 98% +ve ,

wat more trustworthy u want :p

koi mere chache to hain nahi china wale :bleh:

ahhaha remembered one incident dad was in sme titan showroom in saudi and he wanted to sell my dad the titan aviator series for me and he was begging like hell so my dad bought with massive discount for 3000rs after he gifted me, the key to change time fell smewher so i went to the titan showroom in andheri stn he says saar model aaj hi launch hua hain aap kidhar sey laye( it was already a months since it launched) i again came after a week and ther i see my watch NEW ARRIVAL and price 7.5k iam like f*** *** **** he says kiya hua saar i told him abey i got this watch from saudi for 3k a month ago, and he says sir custom wagera lag ta hin i said abey gadhey its an indian company to ghanta custom (silence for a second)

lolz and yesterday i went to titan vile parle to buy my dad a watch and ther it was again 6.5k iam still laughinggg

many 100% feedback sellers from ebay,in & ebay.com even sell Casio Replicas .But foreign sellers agrees the same as replicas !!!Indian sellers still says its 100% Authentic (this is the real game on the net !!!)

There is only one way to check if a watch is copy or a genuine. Open up and check the movement and logo's .Even the showroom guy's will tell you that its fake so that you buy from them lol !

well , i dont know abt others i m satisfied with the quality of these replica watches and i ll keep buying if i keep getting them at a price of 2-3k simple :p

VOiLA said:
There is only one way to check if a watch is copy or a genuine. Open up and check the movement and logo's .Even the showroom guy's will tell you that its fake so that you buy from them lol !
How do we check for fakes using the movement? The logos which you are referring to are the holograms on the warranty card? Do let me know.

sunny27 said:
How do we check for fakes using the movement? The logos which you are referring to are the holograms on the warranty card? Do let me know.
I don't know as i haven't opened up any watch till now. By logos i mean the ones printed/inscribed on original movement mechanism.

we have opened and checked inside of many casio replicas (even sold from ebay india). they have exact prints on inside mechanism too, but many parts are different, casio uses japan or Thailand made mechanism(watch movement) on these watches (commonly), the difference includes

1.mechanical Movement sound

2.Special function key movement (to/fro)

3.needle displacement

4.Buzzer sound if present

5.stopwatch movements

6.parts weight incl. movement, case etc.

8.markings size/finish

9.Glass .original casio uses mineral or Sapphire glasses, while replica uses only polished & coated glasses (found on low cost camera housings !!!)

10.Also many parts inside including crown cap needle, button caps, watch plate etc also are inferior in finish/quality.

in 99% cases these replica watches can be finalised by just looking the mechanism, replica mechanisms (movement) differs in many things including its shape & parts

^ doesnt matter as long as the watch works for 1.5-2 years at 1/3rd price :bleh:

i can live with it , and i m not a watch collector only (who just collects but wears less) but a watch wearer and get bored of a watch in less than 6 months :p

Back