A 3G modem for BSNL

Hi TE,

I want to buy a 3g modem for bsnl sim. I have very little knowledge about this stuff that i gathered around googling and from TE.

I understood that Huawei is a good company for these 3g modems but i am not sure which modem ( model ) to buy.

My location is Kerala to be precise Kozhikode/Calicut.

Can you suggest me a modem with good support and less issues and places where i can buy it with a discount.

@Mods : Thread posted in wrong area....Please close or move thread

@OP BTW as for your query, look at Huawei E122(I think this is the VFM), another one you can consider UMG1831 for much higher price, but I personally think there is no reason to invest few bucks more in that as in near future in India 3G service providers won't be providing such speeds with UL plans so....better get E122.

**Well that's my personal choise***Look at both and make your decision and wait for other members too to put in their suggestion**

And change WTB as you want suggestions, so no one would look / suggest as long as it's WTB as it means you are looking for 2nd hand product in TE, so only if someone has the product he will look into...otherwise max. guys ignores.

krishnandu said:
And change WTB as you want suggestions, so no one would look / suggest as long as it's WTB as it means you are looking for 2nd hand product in TE, so only if someone has the product he will look into...otherwise max. guys ignores.

I guess i cannot change the prefix or thread name... i had put up a request in the post to the MODS waiting for them to close or move the thread.

krishnandu said:
Well, it's also good.

But I'd suggest you to take a look at http://www.techenclave.com/broadband-forum/bsnl-slashes-3g-data-pricing-175166.html as many members here discussed already about getting successful / unsuccessful using different modems with BSNL 3G SIM.

gone halfway through it and my eyes started paining, thanks for such a big informative thread....

in that i also found a thread about http://www.techenclave.com/networking/best-3g-modem-175980.html

after reading i have made up that the modem i am gonna buy is a 7.2/5.76 with antenna support

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

did a survey stuck with UMG 1831 , E1762 AND E173 AS AN ALTERNATIVE.

any suggestions on which one to take??? really confusing

Back