Audio A Balanced IEM Around 1.5K

F3niX

TechH0LiC
Skilled
Hi Guys,

I am in Lookout of a Headphones(Portable, Small Size) That I can use On the Go with my Laptop, Phone and Sansa Clip+.

Usage: Movies, Gaming, Music

Music Style: ROCK(LP Style), Slightly Bassy, R&B, Eminem Rap. So Would Prefer a Balanced one with Good Bass!

Budget: Max 1.5K, Can shell abit more if Worthy

Currently Using: Sound Magic PL-11, Creative EP630, Apple Earphones

Main Reason of Upgrading is that my In-Ear-Earphones are starting to Ache my ears after 1-2hrs of Music. So a bit uncomfortable with it..

So Please Suggest a Comfortable EarPhones/HeadPhones..

Apple ones are good, but Outside Noise Is more clearly heard than Music.

Considerations: Sennheiser HD180,201, Audio Technica AT200

Buying Options: Flipkart/Letsbuy/Any reliable site with COD

Hi Guys,

I am in Lookout of a Headphones(Portable, Small Size) That I can use On the Go with my Laptop, Phone and Sansa Clip+.

Usage: Movies, Gaming, Music

Music Style: ROCK(LP Style), Slightly Bassy, R&B, Eminem Rap. So Would Prefer a Balanced one with Good Bass!

Budget: Max 1.5K, Can shell abit more if Worthy

Currently Using: Sound Magic PL-11, Creative EP630, Apple Earphones

Main Reason of Upgrading is that my In-Ear-Earphones are starting to Ache my ears after 1-2hrs of Music. So a bit uncomfortable with it..

So Please Suggest a Comfortable EarPhones/HeadPhones..

Apple ones are good, but Outside Noise Is more clearly heard than Music.

Considerations: Sennheiser HD180,201, Audio Technica AT200

Buying Options: Flipkart/Letsbuy/Any reliable site with COD

Sire, you can look at the following options, they overshoot your budget but are well-worth the premium --

SoundMAGIC E30 ~1700/- http://www.head-fi.o...agic-e30-review / http://anythingbutip...gic-e30-review/.

SoundMAGIC E10 ~1900/- http://www.head-fi.o...undmagic-e10/30 / http://anythingbutip...gic-e10-review/ / http://www.inearmatt...11-and-p30.html

BRAINWAVZ M1 ~1900/- http://www.head-fi.o...nwavz-m1-review / http://www.techencla...-bang-for-buck/ / http://www.inearmatt...ainwavz-m1.html.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

You can source these from TE dealers, the BRAINWAVZ are handled by #[member='PristineNote'], while for the SoundMAGIC IEM's contact #[member='SMC-International'].

@op sorry for hijacking

I am also looking to buy iems uptu 2k but soundmagic build quality is very poor and my use will be rough so any other options?

#[member='techno_guy'] Its ok!

SoundMagic Build is fine dude!

#[member='ALPHA17'] Can you suggest me any headphones?? I Prefer On the Ear rather than In Ear..

In Ear is making me feel uncomofrtable..

Was Just Checking Flipkart and Found that TeckFusion TwinWoofers are Soo Damn Popular and Good!

I have been hearing about it..

Now Which is Better

JBL Tempo (In Ear)/TWckfusion TW/ Ultimate Ears 100/Sony MDR EX60LP/ Sennheiser HD180/210 ??

Too Many, but I prefer FLIPKART to any site for ordering. So Just asking..

#[member='techno_guy'] Its ok!

SoundMagic Build is fine dude!

#[member='ALPHA17'] Can you suggest me any headphones?? I Prefer On the Ear rather than In Ear..

In Ear is making me feel uncomofrtable..

Was Just Checking Flipkart and Found that TeckFusion TwinWoofers are Soo Damn Popular and Good!

I have been hearing about it..

Now Which is Better

JBL Tempo (In Ear)/TWckfusion TW/ Ultimate Ears 100/Sony MDR EX60LP/ Sennheiser HD180/210 ??

Too Many, but I prefer FLIPKART to any site for ordering. So Just asking..

Go for Soundmagic E30 if you want a balanced iem ,i am using them currently and its build quality is also very nice.

About twinwoofwers, i have heard that its bass is overpowering.Some people love them and some hate them so you are better off with E30 or Brainwavz M1.

For E30 impressions see below links:

http://www.techencla...s/page__st__940

http://www.thinkdigi...ainwavz-m2.html

For on ear headphones checkout AKG K403, i have used them and they are quite good.

Nopes! TW is hardly about overpowering bass. It's the other end of the spectrum which has issues.

#[member='F3niX'],

What sort of issues do you have after using IEMs for an hour+? Are you listening at moderate volumes? Higher volumes can also induce 'ache' as soon as you remove them, but that's dangerous as it would lead to permanent hearing damage down the line. Is it just the discomfort of having something inside the ear?

#esantosh Actually I Listen At Moderate Volumes only.. About 9/15 in my Phone.

Sansa about 40-50% of volume..

Problem IS while I am listening, I feel Discomfort in the ears and the Earphones start loosening.

It starts causing aches at times.. Thats why I am preferring a Headphone ATM.

Nopes! TW is hardly about overpowering bass. It's the other end of the spectrum which has issues.

My bad then.
tongu23e.gif

If you want something balanced, your best option would be Tekfusion Twinwoofers. They are packed with all sorts of awesomeness
happy55.gif

They're way better than all earphones that are below the 1500 price category

P.S. I'm a highly satisfied user.

Problem IS while I am listening, I feel Discomfort in the ears and the Earphones start loosening.

It starts causing aches at times.. Thats why I am preferring a Headphone ATM.

Do you want portability? If you are not comfortable even with EP630, I would think something like E30, which can be worn over the ear and has a shallower fit can be considered as a second choice to headphones. But, if you don't want to take the risk of buying another IEM only to feel discomfort, I'd understand
<

I don't know much about headphones, but from what I've read, AT's M35 can be a choice to consider, but it's way beyond your budget. #[member='FaH33m'], #[member='Brendon'], #[member='bennysachdev'] would be able to guide you better regarding headphones.

Do you want portability? If you are not comfortable even with EP630, I would think something like E30, which can be worn over the ear and has a shallower fit can be considered as a second choice to headphones. But, if you don't want to take the risk of buying another IEM only to feel discomfort, I'd understand
happy19.gif

I don't know much about headphones, but from what I've read, AT's M35 can be a choice to consider, but it's way beyond your budget. #[member='FaH33m'], #[member='Brendon'], #[member='bennysachdev'] would be able to guide you better regarding headphones.

Ok Dude..

A small Update.. Just changed the Buds of my PL11 and cleaned it..

Now I think I am fine with it.. Will check..

Anyhow,going out in eve to check out the Headphones.. Will update

is e10/30 build better compared to pl11/30 ? because I found that the build of pl is a bit poor and will get damaged easily due to my rough usage

is e10/30 build better compared to pl11/30 ? because I found that the build of pl is a bit poor and will get damaged easily due to my rough usage

Doesn't seem so, the cable seems to be the same generic quality you got with your SoundMAGIC PL line off IEM's. If I remember correctly I had kept my PL-30's in decent stead, I am a student and it will be very hard to justify normal usage, but nothing like chucking them into water, putting them under heavy objects, tugging on the cable.

Even after exercising all precautions they died after ~7[sup]1[/sup]/[sub]2[/sub] months of usage. Was very sad and replaced them with BRAINWAVZ M1. I would recommend the BRAINWAVZ due to their great memory cable, though the isolation is poor vis-a-vis the PL-30.

Also the sound-signature is divergent between the two, though both excel and vie for your cash when put side by side. The PL-30 is a balanced earphone but is bass-shy, the bass-changer nob doesn't make a great difference. The M1 on the other hand is slightly narrower soundstage-wise but still packs great detail and bass too boot.

The above is what I feel, for the best bass in the sub-1500/- category that I have experienced is from another SoundMAGIC IEM, the PL-21 ~850/-. The bas on this is well textured and has a substantial punch to it. You are entitled to individual views.

I think you can get the BRAINWAVZ M1 OR SoundMAGIC E10 ~1900/- [both should be around this price point], if you want more bass and don't want to sacrifice on the detailing, go for the SoundMAGIC E30 ~1800/-.

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

They're way better than all earphones that are below the 1500 price category

P.S. I'm a highly satisfied user.

Have you used any other IEM Sire, what are your musical tastes, a small primer / review from your side will be highly beneficial. What IEM's do you compare against the TwinWoofers?

And if you can use layman terms like --> punchy bass, detailed sound will be enough.

I do not understand --> a bright IEM?, I cannot differentiate between a dark and bright sound-signature. Hope this shows my awareness, understanding and ignorance of the IEM terminology.

so it seems that brainwavz is a better option considering the build quality

True. Though I have never used the SoundMAGIC E10 / E30, so take my assumption with a pinch [large one] of salt.

#[member='ALPHA17'],

I will just try an over-simplification here.

Think of music as a flash light. When the light is on, darkness gets displaced. The amount of darkness is the weight of bass and mids in the relative sound. The amount of light equates to the weight of highs in the sound.

When an IEM is dark, it means that the lower regions dominate the higher region. Just as in the case of flash light being off, the amount of light is low i.e., the treble is rolled off and relatively insignificant in the scheme of things.

When an IEM sounds "bright", it means that the upper band of frequencies have more presence (more light). Now, the difference is that there are varying levels of brightness. An old torch light won't emit the same brightness as the LED light.

With Twinwoofers, there is an overabundance of energy in the regions coupled with a smallish, intimate stage which exacerbates the effect. Many of the IEMs I've heard have these bumps (many have the 5Khz bump to enhance clarity as well as 8Khz). But they were handled better so that the bumps do not end up splashing in your face. If the mids were a little distant (try cutting down around 5Khz), the energy won't be as much in your face.

Refer also: Magic Frequencies, Interactive Frequency Chart

#[member='ALPHA17'],

I will just try an over-simplification here.

Think of music as a flash light. When the light is on, darkness gets displaced. The amount of darkness is the weight of bass and mids in the relative sound. The amount of light equates to the weight of highs in the sound.

When an IEM is dark, it means that the lower regions dominate the higher region. Just as in the case of flash light being off, the amount of light is low i.e., the treble is rolled off and relatively insignificant in the scheme of things.

When an IEM sounds "bright", it means that the upper band of frequencies have more presence (more light). Now, the difference is that there are varying levels of brightness. An old torch light won't emit the same brightness as the LED light.

With Twinwoofers, there is an overabundance of energy in the regions coupled with a smallish, intimate stage which exacerbates the effect. Many of the IEMs I've heard have these bumps (many have the 5Khz bump to enhance clarity as well as 8Khz). But they were handled better so that the bumps do not end up splashing in your face. If the mids were a little distant (try cutting down around 5Khz), the energy won't be as much in your face.

Refer also: Magic Frequencies, Interactive Frequency Chart

Thanks Sire, I knew you would come and clear the doubts. I am planning to buy the SoundMAGIC ES18 and pit it against my JVC Marshmallows, should be able to tell you better.

I started listening quite heavily to the Marshmallows in the office and they have a funny signature in my etymology of sound. Initially when I transferred to them from my M1's I was thunderstruck and literally wanted to smash these to bits, but now after listening to a load of alternative, alternative metal and Hardcore they sound pretty decent in fact almost as good as the PL-21, just that the latter outdoes it in detailing and bass texture. Which to put in perspective is rather linear and flat [I am talking about the bass].

These just might force me to do a first time audio review. Till then I am enjoying myself. Cheerio!!

P.S. -- And thanks once again, I might ask you the meaning of more such terms as I encounter them.

Have you used any other IEM Sire, what are your musical tastes, a small primer / review from your side will be highly beneficial. What IEM's do you compare against the TwinWoofers?

I use them with sennheiser cx300ii which is also another affordable good sounding iem, slightly highly priced (Rs.3000)

I use them with sennheiser cx300ii which is also another affordable good sounding iem, slightly highly priced (Rs.3000)

Slightly higher priced!! That is a full 1500/- more expensive than any other IEM's being talked about and if the Sennheiser doesn't perform at that level it is full of holes.

Apart from that, what are your musical tastes?

Back