A decent home cctv camera setup.

Hi !!
Looking to buy a cctv setup for home. Need atleast 2 outdoor point and 6 indoor points and dvr. Good night vision also required as I stay in semi rural area I read about few companies like cp plus and hikvision but not able to decide what kind of setup to go for.
Please share your experiences.
Thanks !

IMHO, the cheapest options for CCTVs are usually the Brick & Mortar stores. You could probably enquire around the Electronics market in the nearest city and they should be able to give you a quote according to your budget of 15k. My apartment in Hyderabad was recently setup (Just before the lockdown) with 16 CCTV Cameras for a price of around 40k. However, I am not sure of the branding though, but they have been working pretty well.

Heh, be careful though, more than 4 years back my father bought a system (1 camera and the system itself) for close to 20K. Turns out the actual value of that entire setup was less than 10K back then. That is by far the most my family have ever got scammed for. So i ask you to buy it officially from the brand's authorised seller and not through some random phone number.

Thanks for your suggestions !
I had a cousin who got it done for 12k. I was wondering which brand would be better. I think the complete setup requires a dv recorder and cameras and internet.

I've bought an mi camera, around 2k for a single piece I guess, it has 360 degree view and only can control n record over internet.

I have bought it monitor hallroom and works very well, similarly one can setup in any other room.

OP can check this, a small setup

Back