A decent phone for 20-25K

LaatSahab

Skilled
Finally I'm upgrading my phone after 2 years so here's what I'm looking for:
  1. Should have great media player, I mean FLAC, AAC, AVI, MP4, it should be capable of handling all.
  2. WiFi
  3. GPS, I don't want A-GPS
  4. Screen should be big enough and have high enough res. for good media playback.

I would prefer Nokia but I'm also open for Android platform too, be it Sony Ericsson or Samsung or HTC.

If there is any decent offering from Blackberry then lay it too out here.:cool2:

OK, today I went to all major Mobile phone outlets of my home town and this what I got; Nobody had a dummy set and the rates quoted were as below:
Samsung Galaxy S - 28K
Nokia N900 - 24K
Nokia N8 - 25K
Are these rates OK? If not then where to buy the SGS from? I don't trust ebay sellers so where does that leaves me?

Ryunosuke said:
OK, today I went to all major Mobile phone outlets of my home town and this what I got; Nobody had a dummy set and the rates quoted were as below:
Samsung Galaxy S - 28K
Nokia N900 - 24K
Nokia N8 - 25K
Are these rates OK? If not then where to buy the SGS from? I don't trust ebay sellers so where does that leaves me?
flipkart???

Ryunosuke said:

Samsung Galaxy S - 28K

Nokia N900 - 24K

Nokia N8 - 25K

Prices seem a bit more than they should be. Flipkart.com is a good option.

What is Flipkart? Another buddy of eBay? I bought couple of "New" stuff from ebay from proper dealers and every time I got products without proper manuals in OEM cardboard boxes with just barcode sticker pasted, no original packing. Hence I don't trust eBay anymore and would prefer a Retailer only. Have any idea about such good stores in Delhi?

Ryunosuke said:
What is Flipkart? Another buddy of eBay? I bought couple of "New" stuff from ebay from proper dealers and every time I got products without proper manuals in OEM cardboard boxes with just barcode sticker pasted, no original packing. Hence I don't trust eBay anymore and would prefer a Retailer only. Have any idea about such good stores in Delhi?

flipkart is a reputed site and it is an single company and not like ebay where there are different sellers

it also provides cash on delivery

Flipkart.com: Buy Mobile Phones Online in India: All Mobile Phones at Best Prices: Online Mobile Store

I bought Samsung Galaxy 3, saved money for PSP Phone coming soon but now few quirks with the phone. Biggest is that Memory card not being detected by phone or Kies when the phone is in Kies mode connected to the PC. In Kies it detects the phone but doesn't shows the memory card or files on it and the phone too flashes a message that no external memory card connected. As soon as I remove the cable, the phone automatically starts scanning media on the memory card and everything works fine.

Secondly can u tell me what is the default size for wallpapers in Galaxy 3 and which is the best easy to use software to convert high res wallpapers to Galaxy's native size?

Ryunosuke said:
Flipkart is a reputable site to buy stuff from. I have bought a lot of books from there. They used to be only an online bookstore but now they sell videogames and mobiles too, something like Amazon.

Ryunosuke said:
I bought Samsung Galaxy 3, saved money for PSP Phone coming soon but now few quirks with the phone. Biggest is that Memory card not being detected by phone or Kies when the phone is in Kies mode connected to the PC. In Kies it detects the phone but doesn't shows the memory card or files on it and the phone too flashes a message that no external memory card connected. As soon as I remove the cable, the phone automatically starts scanning media on the memory card and everything works fine.
Secondly can u tell me what is the default size for wallpapers in Galaxy 3 and which is the best easy to use software to convert high res wallpapers to Galaxy's native size?

As far as memory problem is concerned i am not familiar with Kies or Samsung but also i dont think that there would be a problem with your memory card as mobiles are the first thing to start having a problem with cards then they may appear in PC. I even have some memory cards which are completely 'damaged' for my mobile but are working well in my PC. So it may be have something with your PC only, guess so.

Second, the default screen size of galaxy 3 is 240x400, but i would not recommend you to resize your wallpaper as having full sized wallpaper gives more option to select just a portion or entire wallpaper as mobile's home-screen, if space doesn't matters for you . Even Android can do resizing for you. but even then also if you would like to have any then go for Image resizer which is free s 'power toys' for Microsoft operating system.

Back