A decent phone for 20-25K

LaatSahab

Skilled
Finally I'm upgrading my phone after 2 years so here's what I'm looking for:
  1. Should have great media player, I mean FLAC, AAC, AVI, MP4, it should be capable of handling all.
  2. WiFi
  3. GPS, I don't want A-GPS
  4. Screen should be big enough and have high enough res. for good media playback.

I would prefer Nokia but I'm also open for Android platform too, be it Sony Ericsson or Samsung or HTC.

If there is any decent offering from Blackberry then lay it too out here.:cool2:

Ryunosuke said:
No, my primary concern is the screen size and res. as I want to watch movies on it on the move and also the audio quality as it will double up as my audio player too. Basically I'm looking for the ultimate convergence device ;)
Then nothing is better than Galaxy S :)

However, just check out the music volume, though the music quality and volume is louder than you would probably need, I noticed that the max vol does not go as high as iPhone/Wave

Ryunosuke said:
Clear my this doubt folks.

N900 has Maemo 5. Maemo 5 is Debian based. So does this mean we can install VLC in it via apt-get method?
No,son.It is not like that.Can you install vlc for windows in any winmo device?BTW N900 supported video playback file formats are .mp4, .avi, .wmv, .3gp; codecs: H.264, MPEG-4, Xvid, WMV, H.263.So codec support is not really a problem.There are mplayer and vlc too,but they are not very stable.

Alright here's a similar query but for my friend. He has a budget of 15-20K and wan buy 2 phones, that's 15-20K for each of the phone. Now the first one he wants to buy is for his brother whose main usage is calling and texting thus he wants a QWERTY or the one wit good and responsive touchscreen for quick typing. Here I believe any Capacitive touch , Android device with Swype will do so I think Samsung Galaxy 3 should be OK for this. Now for his own usage my friend wants a touch based device which supports WiFi so that he can access his Office mail. Its Microsoft Exchange-Outlook, his Office mail system and apart from that he will use it for general multimedia use. Please suggest quick. ;)

Ryunosuke said:
Alright here's a similar query but for my friend. He has a budget of 15-20K and wan buy 2 phones, that's 15-20K for each of the phone. Now the first one he wants to buy is for his brother whose main usage is calling and texting thus he wants a QWERTY or the one wit good and responsive touchscreen for quick typing. Here I believe any Capacitive touch , Android device with Swype will do so I think Samsung Galaxy 3 should be OK for this. Now for his own usage my friend wants a touch based device which supports WiFi so that he can access his Office mail. Its Microsoft Exchange-Outlook, his Office mail system and apart from that he will use it for general multimedia use. Please suggest quick. ;)

wave for both

BB curve/E72 for his bro and wave for him

Here's the scene, my sister overshot her shopping budget so unfortunately she won't be getting me the phone so its back to me now.
As my primary concern is of Multimedia, I think going for a good multimedia capable makes sense regardless of the platform as I don't text or install unnecessary apps or stuff like that. I just listen music and make calls on my phone. My typical usage involves 3-4 hours of music and just 1 hour of calls.
In such a case the ideal thing is to get a good multimedia capabilities having phone.
Now AFAIK there has been no significant launch on the Android front which can be called as the true Music/Movie phone. If there is then lemme know.
Now iPhone does this function of music and movies relatively good as its an iPod and a phone BUT the thing is that the screen of 3GS is in no league as compared to the 4G, by this I mean the resolution, the pixel pitch, the works. The another major factor is their price and availability. iPhone 4g is going for almost 40K which clearly overshoots my budget by almost double.
Now looking at the Symbian side, I see Samsung Omnia HD, the websites list it as great phone which has relatively good multimedia capabilities with Virtual Surround Sound, HD playback, native DivX support, all on the Symbian platform, which I have been using for past 3 years. This makes it more suitable for me as I'll be right at home with it.
If anybody has used Omnia then please lemme know what u think about it.
I still haven't ruled out Android but please point me in the direction of the device which truly excels in music and movie playback on the Android platform.

Ryunosuke said:
Here's the scene, my sister overshot her shopping budget so unfortunately she won't be getting me the phone so its back to me now.

As my primary concern is of Multimedia, I think going for a good multimedia capable makes sense regardless of the platform as I don't text or install unnecessary apps or stuff like that. I just listen music and make calls on my phone. My typical usage involves 3-4 hours of music and just 1 hour of calls.

In such a case the ideal thing is to get a good multimedia capabilities having phone.

Now AFAIK there has been no significant launch on the Android front which can be called as the true Music/Movie phone. If there is then lemme know.

Now iPhone does this function of music and movies relatively good as its an iPod and a phone BUT the thing is that the screen of 3GS is in no league as compared to the 4G, by this I mean the resolution, the pixel pitch, the works. The another major factor is their price and availability. iPhone 4g is going for almost 40K which clearly overshoots my budget by almost double.

Now looking at the Symbian side, I see Samsung Omnia HD, the websites list it as great phone which has relatively good multimedia capabilities with Virtual Surround Sound, HD playback, native DivX support, all on the Symbian platform, which I have been using for past 3 years. This makes it more suitable for me as I'll be right at home with it.

I still haven't ruled out Android but please point me in the direction of the device which truly excels in music and movie playback on the Android platform.
Check out the C7. Priced in the 19k price point. Looks a good phone that will satisfies ur needs. :)

Nokia C7 Review - Phone Arena

YouTube - Nokia C7 Review

Techtree.com India > News > Consumer Electronics > Nokia C7 running Symbian^3 Now Available in India

Nokia C7 - Full phone specifications

Ryunosuke said:

also check out SE aino and vivaz

Back