Car & Bike A Gearless Scooter for a Newbie!

F3niX

TechH0LiC
Skilled
Hi Guys

I am looking to buy a Gearless scooter, to be used by me and my Sis..

Both of us are new to riding. I drive a car, but never rode a bike/scooter.

Budget: around 50K. Max 60K.

Requirements:

Good Mileage, Engine.

Low Maintenance(Pocket friendly
<
)

Easy to manoeuvre

Sturdy build.

Considering:

TVS Wego

Honda Activa/Aviator

Suzuki Access

Mahindra Duro..

I am almost fixed on Wego, due to its design and sturdy build..

But, please suggest me a good one!

Suzuki Access has the most powerful engine of the lot, at 125cc. But somehow, I was not very impressed with the ride quality, I own a Honda Aviator, and thus far, the experience has been pleasant. I somehow prefer the Aviator's ride quality to Access'.

IMO, you should go on a test ride with all the shortlisted scooters and decide what suits you best. Do factor in the waiting periods as well. Access has probably the longest wait (not sure of current status; when I enquired 2 months ago it had a wait period of 5 months). Aviator/Activa also have waiting periods. OTOH, Duro and Wego are available stat.

I dont like its Design!

Aviator is great,but tops my Budget!

If you guys say its truly worth it, will book it ASAP!!

Dunno about the waiting period though

definitely go for the activa.. very good stability at high speeds too.. really comfortable, adequate pick up and fuel efficiency. .nice smooth engine too.. plus the space beneath the seat has been planned sensibly to be able to put a helmet properly.. and not just for the name sake like in many other gearless scooters..

i will personally not recommend the honda dio over the activa.. because the riding position of the dio is not good at all.. the activa will feel much more stable and comfortable in the seating position as well as the handling at all times..

I found the Wego to have really good ride and was easier to handle. I recommend it over the others, especially since your sis will also use it.

Finally fixed on Wego!

Saw the vehicle and loved it..

Haven't seen the Aviator in showroom, but family liked the wego alot..

Booking next week.. Thank you guys!

hey. when you get the wego, can you elaborate on what this body balance exactly is???

It's nothing great but a simple concept. Normally all scooters have the engines placed much towards the rear wheel as against motorcycles. As engine contributes to a significant weight of the vehicle, the mass is centered towards the rear and this makes it not so easy to balance at low speeds.

In Wego, they've tried to keep the mass centered more towards the middle of the vehicle and hence due to better weight distribution, it's easier to balance in very low speeds. It's not a gimmick and certainly works.

Sure!

I am a newbie too, so hope its good!

It felt comfortable for sitting.. Lemme check about the handling

Sigh! Gone are the days of newbies running about on vespas.!! I don't like this fearless craze.I always thought Honda nailed it with eterno! They built a better bajaj chetak! Gearless scooters are not fun!

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

^^^^ man.. gearless is the most boring way of zooming past traffic... geared vehicles are so much more fun.. those high rpm gear shifts cant be compared to anything.. .

Did you consider new Dio ?? I have used first gen Dio for ~ 3 years, and never had any sort of problem with its seating position (I'm 6'1) ...

IMO Dio/Aviator>Activa>Others should be order of preference ...

Back