Budget Above 40k A good camera android phone for my mom...

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: INR 35k-55k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: >5.6", AMOLED, OLED

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, etc).
A: Android

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G , 5G optional

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No apple phone

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, Camera , Camera...

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Single.. dual is also ok.,

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New or Used.. if its good , then its fine.

9. Any other requirements?
A: Good camera alone.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Pixel 7 , Samsung S21FE , Samsuing S22 , Oneplus something...

My mom takes nice photos with her current oneplus 5 phone (my old phone...) and i want to upgrade her to better camera setup.

I narrowed down to Pixel 6a/7 (from MKBHD recent camera video) .Even thought 6a and 7 pro were top , i assume 7 is similar to 7 pro in camera quality , even though it lacks the telephoto lens. Kindly cmiiw. Even if not i assume its at the same league like 6a and 7 pro.

Doing more research , found the battery charging takes ages. Currently OP5 charges almost at the same rate , but slightly better i suppose.

Also i saw photos reviews for samsung s22 , too much artificial colors.

Kindly suggest a good phone , ifs its going to P7 , kindly tell me where to get with proper warranty.

Questions:-
1. Budget?
A: INR 35k-55k

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: >5.6", AMOLED, OLED

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, etc).
A: Android

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G , 5G optional

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: No apple phone

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Camera, Camera , Camera...

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: Single.. dual is also ok.,

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New or Used.. if its good , then its fine.

9. Any other requirements?
A: Good camera alone.

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Pixel 7 , Samsung S21FE , Samsuing S22 , Oneplus something...

My mom takes nice photos with her current oneplus 5 phone (my old phone...) and i want to upgrade her to better camera setup.

I narrowed down to Pixel 6a/7 (from MKBHD recent camera video) .Even thought 6a and 7 pro were top , i assume 7 is similar to 7 pro in camera quality , even though it lacks the telephoto lens. Kindly cmiiw. Even if not i assume its at the same league like 6a and 7 pro.

Doing more research , found the battery charging takes ages. Currently OP5 charges almost at the same rate , but slightly better i suppose.

Also i saw photos reviews for samsung s22 , too much artificial colors.

Kindly suggest a good phone , ifs its going to P7 , kindly tell me where to get with proper warranty.
S21 FE should be perfect at 35k (If you can get it for this price, it was being sold for the same in the last sale). Takes nice photos. I use a Samsung S20 FE, and I wouldn't say Samsung colours are too artificial. They are pleasing, a bit boosted and social media friendly.
I am sure your Mom won't be comparing them side by side to Apple to see how natural they look. My girlfriend prefers the skintones of the Samsung over her iPhone 13 to be honest.

Also, by camera - you mean back camera or selfies or both? Vivo phones should have better selfie cameras than Samsung I reckon.

Skip the S22 - it won't have good battery life, and the S8 Gen 1 with its heating is a hassle and unnecessary for parents usage.
Between 6a and 7, just pick whichever has better battery? Pixels aren't known to be particularly power efficient. Also, yeah don't pick up any imported models - warranty would be important for your Mom.

S21 FE might be one of the best camera experiences you can get at around 30k. I got this phone recently and the camera exceeded my expectations. It is almost flagship level, you can find many camera comparison videos comparing it to the last gen iPhones and the Samsung isn't much far behind.

S21 FE might be one of the best camera experiences you can get at around 30k. I got this phone recently and the camera exceeded my expectations. It is almost flagship level, you can find many camera comparison videos comparing it to the last gen iPhones and the Samsung isn't much far behind.

only thing i am thinking against s21 fe is we get only exynos , whereas international gets snapgragon

You have good budget, I would say wait for sometime and get the vanilla S23. The gen 2 chip is definitely better, has better battery life and the new 200 mp sensor.
It will be available for good price in Samsung corporate portal, or you can exchange OP5 for extra discount if corporate discount not available.

with time constraint , i think i will be going with s22

pixel 7 prices are through the roof for no reason

same for s21 fe.

I am in a hurry to get the phone ,as she is going for a travel ..
any other options ?

it wont reach me in time and i am little not comfortable with getting used mobile.
s22 has aweful battery itseems :(
Thanks for everyone who replied. Had to pull the trigger on Pixel 7 even though the price was steep. My brother pushed me to go through this , as we both felt she might miss out good clicks in her travel.. Extra money shouldnt affect that..

Anyway , i now have very little time to set her phone up when it arrives and already ordered a 25W PD 3.0 charger , a 2mt cable USB c to USB c , got screen protector , now hav eto get a case and a camera lens protector.
surely a 5k premium extra paid , thanks flipkart for shitty deal..
If anyone can help find a case , lens protector in next 2.5 hrs , i would be very pelased..

Attachments

• fgh.png
    fgh.png
    170.7 KB · Views: 70
  • waterfox_2OgS0snNAc.png
    waterfox_2OgS0snNAc.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Isn't the price 53k after discounts? I can see a 7k discount on axis, hdfc cards. Was there a different discount when you ordered it?
no.. i dont know. They say there is 5% cb , but dont know whether its included or it will come while cc statement is generated.

But it was trending at 53K with same offer one week before. Thats why i said there is atleast 5k premium paid from my side. But who knows the 5+k offer would have only been 1-2K Rs one week before.

Compare that to amazon page - 52K - 5% CB on CC = 50,283.5

no.. i dont know. They say there is 5% cb , but dont know whether its included or it will come while cc statement is generated.

But it was trending at 53K with same offer one week before. Thats why i said there is atleast 5k premium paid from my side. But who knows the 5+k offer would have only been 1-2K Rs one week before.

Compare that to amazon page - 52K - 5% CB on CC = 50,283.5
I guess you bought it with Flipkart axis credit card if so you'll get the 5% cashback. With 5% cashback it comes to around 53k so it's the same price.

As for Amazon i think pixel 7 only launched in Flipkart so you're better off not buying from Amazon's third party sellers. Make sure you record unboxing and do proper checking before giving OTP for open box delivery.

I guess you bought it with Flipkart axis credit card if so you'll get the 5% cashback. With 5% cashback it comes to around 53k so it's the same price.

As for Amazon i think pixel 7 only launched in Flipkart so you're better off not buying from Amazon's third party sellers. Make sure you record unboxing and do proper checking before giving OTP for open box delivery.
Thats very consoling. Amazon was for reference only.. I went through the Q&A section and warranty was very unclear. I thought if i had bought it when it was around 54K , i would have landed up paying 3-4K less. Thatsall.

Open box thing is very new to me , will video it. can i boot the phone and check ? What should i do and shouldnt ?

Back