A Good UPS

nileshsrox

Recruit
Hey everyone, so I'm looking for a good ups for a pc and two(or just one) monitors
Pc has 400 watt psu and monitors are 27 inch lg ultragear
So I think I need something with 1000va or 600w as far as I understand but can't seem to find any that looks good
I really need the surge protection because my current ups keeps failing as the voltage lowers here even for a second, and it's happening a lot since the last few days.
I have a budget of around 6-7k please recommend one for me!
Thanks!

Flipkart says 2 years for UPS and 1 year for battery ? Check with offline seller, I think there was 3 yrs. warranty on (UPS + Battery) Both.. check and confirm with others before you decide

Got it, Thanks, will check with local sellers if not ill order it online
@Emperor, @ChairmanSaab

This one is the same right? getting it tomorrow from Flipkart will consider it if i dont find anything in local market today
Yes it's the same, do create an unboxing video as Amazon and Flipkart recently updated their return policy for electronics I think, it'll be easier to get a replacement if something goes wrong during transit.

Flipkart says 2 years for UPS and 1 year for battery ? Check with offline seller, I think there was 3 yrs. warranty on (UPS + Battery) Both.. check and confirm with others before you decide
APC offers 1 year of standard warranty for UPS and Battery + 1 year extended warranty on electronics (battery not included past 1 year), I'm not sure if Flipkart is offering that as standard as price is higher on Estorewale.com (official seller for APC) for the same package at 7.49k

Been using Microtek for a while now, and got Zebronics from the office too for WFH PC so have used that too, both are good but not so much surge protection in them, thinking of going with APC this time, lets hope for the best,
Just got back from the local market, everyone had 600va one, not the 1100va that I needed, so going ahead and ordering it from Flipkart!

Hey everyone! Thanks for the suggestions, I ordered the APC one yesterday and received it today! works greatt!! special thanks to @ChairmanSaab, @Emperor

Also apparently the Microtek one I was using died on its own 1 hour back while I was testing the APC one xD what should I do with it, it's a Microtek Legend 650va, should I have it repaired and then sell it, or sell it directly to the local vendor I bought it from, he said he would buy it for rs200 - 400, but I think I might get better value if I get it repaired then sell it.

Hey everyone! Thanks for the suggestions, I ordered the APC one yesterday and received it today! works greatt!! special thanks to @ChairmanSaab, @Emperor

Also apparently the Microtek one I was using died on its own 1 hour back while I was testing the APC one xD what should I do with it, it's a Microtek Legend 650va, should I have it repaired and then sell it, or sell it directly to the local vendor I bought it from, he said he would buy it for rs200 - 400, but I think I might get better value if I get it repaired then sell it.
Probably dead battery. You could try replacing the battery and see if it works.
BUT, given that it's 2500 new and the battery will cost you a bit, i dunno if it's worth the hassle to fix and sell over the 400 that guy is offering. If you can use it after fixing for a router or something then I'd consider it.

I've been using a 600va zebronics ups and until 10 days back it used to give about 12 mins which suddenly dropped to 0 mins . Not sure what happened. Is there a particular way one has to maintain ups to get the best out of them

I've been using a 600va zebronics ups and until 10 days back it used to give about 12 mins which suddenly dropped to 0 mins . Not sure what happened. Is there a particular way one has to maintain ups to get the best out of them
Replace battery it will cost you Rs.1000/- max (Exide) and sell old battery to same battery vendor, you will get Rs.100/- for old dead battery. Very easy to replace UPS Battery, watch YouTube video of how to open it carefully and how to fix it again. I did same with mine APC 600 UPS, replace battery myself last year and it's working fine now.

For safe side fist check if all circuit/pcb etc. are good, else if some issue with inner PCB/Wiring etc. your Rs.1000/- will waste in buying new battery.
How to check?
just plug PC with UPS while UPS Plug in to Main Board (when there is main power supply is On), if your system works fine or UPS Beep for (Dead or Replace Battery Light/Sound), it's sign that you need to repalce battery only and all other parts/circuit etc. working good in UPS.

Last edited:
@Emperor Thanks for info , I have actually replaced batteries on my own before . What I wanted to know was if there is a certain method of maintaining ups to prolong it's life and get the best out if the batteries .

@Emperor Thanks for info , I have actually replaced batteries on my own before . What I wanted to know was if there is a certain method of maintaining ups to prolong it's life and get the best out if the batteries .
always keep UPS power ON, never let it off. Last year for 1.5 days I was out and family member accidently switch off the UPS Power from main and battery dead.
Don't know if battery dead due to age or switch off or Both.

yea same with me i think after ordering the apc one i disconnected the old ups and kept it aside for more than 24 hours i think and the battery most probably died, i put it on power last night, and it kinda is working today again, will test this more before making a decision

Back