Budget 0-20k A mechanical keyboard

sdfsdfasdcvbret

I use a controller or Logi G29 for gaming. Did use keyboard earlier and had no issues. Have no issues with the keyboard till now. If you do not want to use BT, you can connect the keyboard to windows using USB cable and use it as a wired keyboard. You can also connect the keyboard to up to three devices using bluetooth and swith between them by pressing Fn+1 to Fn+3.

No stutter when I press three keys at same time. Using Windows 11.
I wanted a wireless one (but not BT) because Bluetooth on windows have given me lots of headache over the years.

Got RK84 mainly because of 2.4GHz dongle. Will be giving it to a friend and looking to buy a new keyboard, hence asked. I think I'll go with RK87 this time.

Also not being able to use BT keyboard to enter BIOS or in BIOS was a pretty big bummer for me.

Last edited:
any good mech keyboards under 3k?
i personally believe that this is the perfect budget for a first keeb(VERY SUBJECTIVE).

and even before that, get a switch tester from meckeys. This one covers the basic types, is a bit expensive but imo better to spend 300 first rather than not like the switches on your first kb.(For any budget).

after you chose what kind of switches you'd like. go on and buy something super budget, the stabilisers will suck usually in prebuilts(what makes your spacebar/long keys feel uniform) now your options are to either get your hands dirty(lubricate/mod them yourself) or ask someone else to do that for you(the discord has such services). and trust me, better stabs make a world of a difference. So, this stays same across all the price ranges, what changes are the default switches/wireless/build materials so make your choices about what you need and start cheap, see if you like it and if needed, explore further, there's no upper limit in this hobby tbvh.

I wanted a wireless one (but not BT) because Bluetooth on windows have given me lots of headache over the years.

Got RK84 mainly because of 2.4GHz dongle. Will be giving it to a friend and looking to buy a new keyboard, hence asked. I think I'll go with RK87 this time.

Also not being able to use BT keyboard to enter BIOS or in BIOS was a pretty big bummer for me.
Yeah, makes sense. Though I can connect K2 V2 using cable, having a dongle and no wires is anyday better. I wanted to buy the RK87 before I got K2 V2 but it was out of stock everywhere and I got the K2 V2 instead.

The model I suggested costs 6.2k but you get so much for the price. You get the option to change switches on the same keyboard. You get wired + wireless BT + wireless dongle option on the same keyboard. Software support. It is fully customisable. It is like a complete package and most likely you won't be needing another keyboard anytime after.

There are other keyboard aswell. Check RedDragon.in, keychron.in, meckeys.com, and genesispc.in

Yep, RK100 looks good. That's what I will probably buy. It's out of stock right now.

How is Redragon keyboards??? They are cheap. How is the build quality?

Yep, RK100 looks good. That's what I will probably buy. It's out of stock right now.

How is Redragon keyboards??? They are cheap. How is the build quality?
See RK98 aswell, it has more familiar arrangement of keys. I had a little problem adjusting to RK84, so I'll be buying RK87.

I bought a 60% Cosmic Byte (₹1500-2000) last year and some keys started double pressing within 6-8 months. Dunno about RedDragon but they are kinda similar I think.

Generally speaking, there are three types of key switches.

1. Clicky - You feel a tactile bump and hear a clicky sound. eg. Blue switches.

2. Tactile - You feel a tactile bump but no clicky sound. eg. Brown switches.

3. Linear - No tactile bump, no sound. eg. Red switches.

It all comes down to personal preference.
A few more nuances to the take -
Blue switches are clicky, but they also have better tactile feel than Browns. The tactile"bump" is hardly noticeable unless you are feeling around for it.
If you are gaming / coming from membrane keyboard Red switches might be a safe bet as they are silent (like membrane keyboards) and are easy to adjust if you're used to bottoming out (like in membrane keyboards)

Blue switches are clicky, but they also have better tactile feel than Browns. The tactile"bump" is hardly noticeable unless you are feeling around for it.
If you are gaming / coming from membrane keyboard Red switches might be a safe bet as they are silent (like membrane keyboards) and are easy to adjust if you're used to bottoming out (like in membrane keyboards)
Exactly, I thought Blue minus clicky sound = Brown but I was so wrong. Brown in reality is Red plus little bump.

See RK98 aswell, it has more familiar arrangement of keys. I had a little problem adjusting to RK84, so I'll be buying RK87.

I bought a 60% Cosmic Byte (₹1500-2000) last year and some keys started double pressing within 6-8 months. Dunno about RedDragon but they are kinda similar I think.
Yep, I checked RK98 too and liked it but they do not have black color listed, so I guess they don't sell black color and I don't want to buy white... :p
I will contact them and ask about it.

I think RedDragon sells generic Chinese keyboards because I have seen same boards from other brands except changed logo.

Last edited:
A few more nuances to the take -
I think I will go with blue switches because I like the clicky sound. I hope it is not as loud as typewriter clicks. lol

I think Milky / yellow switches are blue minus sound, then again it depends on the manufacturer
no,no. yellows are linear. they wont have the sound neither the bump.
If you want tactility of clickies minus the sound, take a look at the gazzew bob U4Ts(personally using them on my macropad, around 450 inr/10 switches) or the kailh BOX royals(were too expensive for me at ~600 inr/10 switches at the time)

Back