A mighty upgrade..

-Anish-

Skilled
Finally joined the i7 bandwagon. Was actually waiting for i5, but the goddamn itch and a timely breakdown of my previous rig got me here. ;)
Core i7 920 D0 3844
Biostar X58
Gskills PC12800 6gb @ 1600mhz CL8 (8-8-8-21) 1.6 ~ 1.65v
Accelero S1 Rev2. for my existing 4870 :ashamed:
YES, i know for those who say its not balanced blah, blah.. i am bankrupt for now. Will update to a good GPU later. Currently running the processor with stock cooler, 4870 with Accelero S1 Rev.2 passive.

Soon to come :

Thor's Hammer, some I/O peripherals, fans etc.

Till then enjoy the pics. :p

mini-DSC00657.JPG

mini-DSC00649.JPG

mini-DSC00656.JPG

mini-DSC00677.JPG

mini-DSC00716.JPG

mini-DSC00719.JPG

Awwwsome purchase buddy!! congrats :D

The HS's on the board are quite nice, it will be very convenient to add 40-50mm fans, especially on the pwm

hash said:
Sweet.
Btw what's Accelero?

Thats a VGA cooler, one of the cheapest but the best for people looking at VFM. ;)

apollyon said:
nice buy :)
that biostar mobo is awesome vfm, sli and cfx @ 13k!

Hey, i ve heard it supports just a few Nvidia cards on SLi ? :S

m0h1t said:
Awwwsome purchase buddy!! congrats :D
The HS's on the board are quite nice, it will be very convenient to add 40-50mm fans..

Yes, all that later as some holes suddenly appeared in my pockets :lol:

But, I am on a lookout for some fans that go with the Accelero. Me getting idle temps like 60c without a fan and at load it touches 77c.

Awesome purchases :) congrats.
And no, i woudn't call it unbalanced, a 4870 will still hold its own. Not much sense spending a lot on a GPU now anyway. Holes in pocket appeared at the right time and will hopefully disappear till the time the DX11 cards are freely available. :p

Back