A mighty upgrade..

Gannu said:
Your fetishness for Biostar boards wont spare you I guess. :p

Congrats on the setup.

Seriously, I never had any qualms regarding my previous i45. What a board at an extremely good price point! Absolutely no issues with the board since 1 year, it was just the moisture that started killing my core components. :)

FaH33m said:
woah !! drool worthy. :D congrats .. and yeah the pics look really good. which camera ?

Thank you Faheem :) Pics are from a tweaked W902 camera, handpicked, no PP ;)

Amien said:
Awesome purchases :) congrats.
And no, i woudn't call it unbalanced, a 4870 will still hold its own. Not much sense spending a lot on a GPU now anyway. Holes in pocket appeared at the right time and will hopefully disappear till the time the DX11 cards are freely available. :p

Nicely put, hopefully this time, ATi should come out with mainstream cards first rather than enthusiasts cards which come out first.

RoBoGhOsT said:
congo :p awesome upgrades :D waiting to see some cpu oc scores :p

edit : nice pics , N82 again ? :lol:

thank you robo, its just my tweaked W902 cam ;)

GunnerMania said:
Thats a great upgrade mate !! I think its pretty well balanced IMO. Congrats !!
Could you post ur previous config?

Cheers.

Thank you!

My previous config was :

Q9450 | Gskill PC8800 1100mhz 4 GB | Biostar Tpower i45 | VX450 | 4870 :)
@ Mohit : Is it Rs.440 for 2 fans or 1 ?

I forgot to mention, that my proccy as well as both the cards were overclocked heavily on a VX450 helping me score a good 15k on Vantage :)

btw, can anyone tell me if there is a limited number of cards that are supported for SLI on the biostar x58?

The pic below has left me a bit pulled up :ashamed: Does that mean that i cant attach 2xGTX275 or 285/295?

SLI.jpg

@Darky: Reminded me of my P3 coppermine...

@Anish: Drooooooooool!!! That biostar sure looks awesome for the price being asked for. 4870 with accelero must be feeling kinda left out in the l33t ompany of the other three :p

Congrats!

sarang said:
@Darky: Reminded me of my P3 coppermine...

@Anish: Drooooooooool!!! That biostar sure looks awesome for the price being asked for. 4870 with accelero must be feeling kinda left out in the l33t ompany of the other three :p

Congrats!

Bah, i knew it, i knew it :mad:

:lol: Not long before i get something for the l33t ;)

Did ya'll know? Biostar has two versions of the x58. One is X58A and the one that i have is the normal X58. I think X58A is a stripped version of X58, but the specs looks the same. I just saw the 2nd version :S

Congrats Anish, sweet proccy, had fun testing it. Funny thing is, the i7 really seems to scale up in performance (I mean disproportionately scale) after 3 GHz. Invest in a good cooler and up you go.

I'm saving up for the i7 975 - wicked chip, of course I may go 32nm in 2010 also. I have a hankering to see a 3.66 GHz Core i7 :p in my system. Thankfully Windows 7 means 6 GB will last a long time :)

Only ASUS boards for me, I'm a n00b ;)

Vandal said:
Congrats Anish, sweet proccy, had fun testing it. Funny thing is, the i7 really seems to scale up in performance (I mean disproportionately scale) after 3 GHz. Invest in a good cooler and up you go.

I'm saving up for the i7 975 - wicked chip, of course I may go 32nm in 2010 also. I have a hankering to see a 3.66 GHz Core i7 :p in my system. Thankfully Windows 7 means 6 GB will last a long time :)

Only ASUS boards for me, I'm a n00b ;)

Thank you Vandal! and yes me getting Thor next month, but am thinking of leaving it passive as attaching fans on that = an ugly ducking of a heatsink :|
Hopefully it should be enough for the 920 @ 4ghz+ .

Saving 50k+ for a chip and then waiting for a 32nm fabrication? I dont think thats going to be a good move Vandal. You wont be getting any buyers for the 975, i presume.. looking at a recent QX sale. But yeah, thats a dream chip alright!! ;)

Venture out a bit, like I did - fell in love with the Biostar (i45/x58). :p

First of all congrats! And secondly, all of you guys are sending me over the edge with all the upgrades. Must resist temptation to upgrade :mad: !!!

I had my upgrade path well chalked out. Get another 285, W/C it and run the rig at the fastest it would go until the next big wave in 2010. Now, looking at all the guys going over from well balanced powerful setups, I question myself, what the hell am I really missing :p ! Lord help me keep my sanity and stick to my original plans :p!

Enjoy while I retreat to my meditation chamber...

Lol I said goodbye to my constant upgrades since I wisely decided to invest in a PS3. So long as my rig actually starts stuttering with Crysis 2 or 3, I might not upgrade. Probably next year. Not the i7 for me anyway. :p

^4850s damn it and it's still lying in the stash waiting to be pciked up by some guy going to Thailand. Switched to a 4870 1GB + an accelero then. Good enough. :p

Back