A new addition to my Gadget-shelf ... HTC Desire S

Aercy

Patron
Finally... finally!!!! I got myself the ONE phone I always wanted ... HTC Desire S. It's not a dual-core phone but it's also not ugly looking as the dual-core phones. What a piece of beauty, every penny worth it. Chose it over LG Optimus 2X (Hate plastic body), LG Optimus Black (plastic again plus heating issue), HTC Incredible S (8MP cam but one of the ugliest bulging-out back), Sammy Galaxy S Plus & SLCD (hate the design the most!!!) and Motorola Defy+ (Ummm, all's cool with this one but still not as classy as HTC). Behold, my sexy baby ...

79474274.jpg

60112229.jpg

41472177.jpg

94790518.jpg

56948045.jpg

46276815.jpg

40513135.jpg

66920556.jpg

81802504.jpg

45546126.jpg

79028317.jpg

Damages: 23k (Bought locally)

multi said:
dual core are ugly :S

debabratad said:
yeah...right!

(the above was sarcasm!!)

Just what I feel, you don't need to agree on that, brotha. I HATE Sammy's Galaxy S II, SE Xperia Arc LG Optimus 2X's looks but iPhone & HTC sensation are classy!!!

Congrats on your chammak challo , hope it can Run ICS smoothly when it releases for your device, it would become Munni or Sheela once ICS releases trust me !!

on a Serious note, do post some impressions apart from looks, like a) Camera b) SQ c) Battery Backup d) Gaming experience e) Grip of Death(if any) , im confused as to what i can gift my brother on his birthday

I have been using this device extensively for the last 4 days & here's my impression so far ....

a) Camera - Just superb!! Awesome quality pictures & the best thing is it takes photos instantly without any time-delay whatsoever. Also when I zoom in on objects in the photo it does not get grainy. I really love the camera plus the stock effects & options go beyond expectations.

b) Sound Quality - Supplied ear-phone's output quality is rocking but it's not in-ear (disappointed about that) and it's too big for ears. SRS works magic added to that there is superb EQ on the stock music player. Speaker output quality is good but not loud enough.

c) Battery Backup - You will need to charge every night. I game (30 mins), surf (30 mins), download & use apps (1 hour), watch videos (45 mins), listen to music (3 hours), Social netowrk (thorough-out the day = 3 hours) after that when I return home in the night around 9:30 I am left with 25-30% battery (not exaggerating). I thinks that's good enough for a 3.7" android phone with 400x800 resolution S-LCD display. I am sure it'll get better after 20-22 times of full charges. But I am satisfied!

d) Gaming experience - superb, I have been playing games which were not available for my former phone LG Optimus One P500 and I have never faced any lags ever.

e) Grip of Death - I use Wi-Fi a lot with the phone & never faced any problem & also no problem with dropped calls or network bar drops.

After a month long usage I might be able to find some cons for the phone, then I will definitely share. So far it's a rocker! I am glad I chose this over so many other devices.

aercy said:
I have been using this device extensively for the last 4 days & here's my impression so far ....

a) Camera - Just superb!! Awesome quality pictures & the best thing is it takes photos instantly without any time-delay whatsoever. Also when I zoom in on objects in the photo it does not get grainy. I really love the camera plus the stock effects & options go beyond expectations.

b) Sound Quality - Supplied ear-phone's output quality is rocking but it's not in-ear (disappointed about that) and it's too big for ears. SRS works magic added to that there is superb EQ on the stock music player. Speaker output quality is good but not loud enough.

c) Battery Backup - You will need to charge every night. I game (30 mins), surf (30 mins), download & use apps (1 hour), watch videos (45 mins), listen to music (3 hours), Social netowrk (thorough-out the day = 3 hours) after that when I return home in the night around 9:30 I am left with 25-30% battery (not exaggerating). I thinks that's good enough for a 3.7" android phone with 400x800 resolution S-LCD display. I am sure it'll get better after 20-22 times of full charges. But I am satisfied!

d) Gaming experience - superb, I have been playing games which were not available for my former phone LG Optimus One P500 and I have never faced any lags ever.

e) Grip of Death - I use Wi-Fi a lot with the phone & never faced any problem & also no problem with dropped calls or network bar drops.

After a month long usage I might be able to find some cons for the phone, then I will definitely share. So far it's a rocker! I am glad I chose this over so many other devices.
That's fantastic for an Android phone!

Can you post some screenshots? Specifically, I want to see the new messages interface. I've heard it's changed. Also, when in messages, go to settings and tell me whether there's a built-in message back-up feature.

tracerbullet said:
Can you post some screenshots? Specifically, I want to see the new messages interface. I've heard it's changed. Also, when in messages, go to settings and tell me whether there's a built-in message back-up feature.

my phone is not rooted so cant take screenies. the new msg interface is much better than the monotonous old one. and NO there is no built-in msg backup, I use the SMS Backup n restore free app :D

_

Good purchase. The Desire S is my all time fave Android phone. Awesome little device though i did face the grip of death issues with mine. Good to see that you don't have that.

Back