A noob's guide on buying consoles!

Price of ps3 console

Hi guys, planning on buying the ps3 console. What's the est price that i can get in chennai? Is it best to buy from Ritchie street.. in eay- i can get the 320 GB console for 15,990 and with move pack for 17,100.. I am not willing to buy from online..your suggestions please..

Also i would like to buy a cheap HD lcd tv for this gamin purpose..any thoughts and suggestions plz...

p.s: i don't mind waiting for christmas and new year offer if i can save some bucks...

There is something called sticky and something as search if you use both you will get the answers

Re: Price of ps3 console

Prices are same everywhere my friend. Depends on how much can you make your retailer discount it for you. secondly if you are planning on CFW i dont think you will get a 3.55 Version anymore except Letsbuy or Flipkart. Google all of this. Try online sites for prices of TV's. And if you are looking for everything regarding PS3 see the sticky thread on which console to buy. Prices are mentioned as well with pros and cons.

Re: A noob's guide to which console to get!

Where will I get a PS3 with FW 3.50 or lesser in Chennai? I am willing to buy online but Flipkart guys said that they will not disclose FW details and Letsbuy told me that they have 3.75 in retail from December :huh:Now, who else is a trusted online retailer who sells a JB-able PS3? I don't care if its 160/320 Slim/FAT as long as it works.

hey guys i am thinking about buying a new xbox 360 in few days, plz clear doubts

1.my friend told me that not all xbox 360 drives are moddable to run burned games, is that true?? is there any chance of me getting unmoddable drive if i buy my console from sites like timtara or letsbuy??

2.No one mods X360s in my city,so i will have to send my xbox to delhi everytime new update is required. i am not comfortable to send my xbox to some stranger without my presence :p . can i mod it myself to avoid this hassle?

i already got Playstation 3 160GB slim on 3.55fw.. only reason i am considering to buy x360 is forza 4 [i am crazy about this game :) ] and GTA5 [bcoz people are saying PC version will be available after 8-10 months of console release.

i sold my gaming PC so can't play latest games like MW3, BF3..

Should i upgrade my PC or buy unmodded xbox 360 from letsbuy/timtara?

Which is better? PS3 or XBOX?

I need some help here. My nephew is in USA and wants to buy a game console. Choice is between PS3 and XBOX. So which one is the better of the two? In terms of hardware and software titles available. Did some reading on the net and most people have voted in favor of PS3. I am sure members here would have a first hand experience of the two consoles. So which one would you advise?

More importantly, can he play games and movies bought in India on a US bought console? Is any hacking needed to do that?

A friend of mine needs a New Nintendo Wii (Black) with an extra remote.

Friend has a contact flying in from Canada, so Canadian unit can be procured as well.

Budget - 16k

Willing to purchase from online sites as well.

1) Where to get Best price possible ?

2) US/Canada pieces wont be carrying any warranty in India .. right ?

3) Do the service center repair the malfunctioning units ?

Spacescreamer said:
A friend of mine needs a New Nintendo Wii (Black) with an extra remote.

Friend has a contact flying in from Canada, so Canadian unit can be procured as well.

Budget - 16k

Willing to purchase from online sites as well.

1) Where to get Best price possible ?

2) US/Canada pieces wont be carrying any warranty in India .. right ?

3) Do the service center repair the malfunctioning units ?

1 - Local market is ur best bet. Letsbuy and Flipkart can be tried too. I also remember the gaming section, a guy was selling a black wii.

2 - No, but nintendo products are sturdy, problem's shouldn't happen, that is until you are not planning to mod it, then region issues might come up.

3 - No. But the grey local market people should.

venkiraja said:
Where will I get a PS3 with FW 3.50 or lesser in Chennai? I am willing to buy online but Flipkart guys said that they will not disclose FW details and Letsbuy told me that they have 3.75 in retail from December :huh: Now, who else is a trusted online retailer who sells a JB-able PS3? I don't care if its 160/320 Slim/FAT as long as it works.

--Anybody, please?? --

^^

If the store has an Import date of February 2011 or less, you can safely assums 3.55 or less.

asingh said:
^^

If the store has an Import date of February 2011 or less, you can safely assums 3.55 or less.

Yep that's a safe assumption. Go hunting for consoles at lesser known outlets as most known ones such as Croma and Reliance Digital might have replenished their older stocks. You may find one.

Good luck!

Just a heads up for people wanting to buy the console from Letsbuy. My friend just ordered the 160GB PS3 slim (with a free amigo controller) and the firmware was 3.65. He got the October bundle, which was probably brought in, since the earlier ones (which had 3.55) sold out completely. :p

Ethan_Hunt said:
Just a heads up for people wanting to buy the console from Letsbuy. My friend just ordered the 160GB PS3 slim (with a free amigo controller) and the firmware was 3.65. He got the October bundle, which was probably brought in, since the earlier ones (which had 3.55) sold out completely. :p

Yups, that is bound to happen. It has been a year since 3.56FW started shipping. I think our supply chain saw the hit, early January. About time they dried up. Best bet, is a Sony shop in a colony which has old (but sealed) stock, and check the stamp on the box. They let you see that. :)

Or maybe a display unit? Most display units are generally not cycled. I can bet the Croma at Surat has the 120GB SKU on display. :lol:

Display units can as well be bargained for a slight reduction in the MRP.

IT Depot has 80 GB consoles left, MFG date mentioned as 2009 September or so.
But, they sell it at 19375. Sensible buggers, maybe? :p
Or, should I bargain?

^^

Forget it. They are asking mad-men prices. Do not get so desperate for a device that it seems that the seller is doing you a favor.

asingh said:
^^

Forget it. They are asking mad-men prices. Do not get so desperate for a device that it seems that the seller is doing you a favor.

Exactly! :D

The guy initially was pitching for about 15k when suddenly some Manager had to confirm who strictly refused.

venkiraja said:
Exactly! :D

The guy initially was pitching for about 15k when suddenly some Manager had to confirm who strictly refused.

That's a ridiculous price! It isn't worth even for 15k - 13k sounds okayish IMO. Heck, a new 160GB slim used to retail with discounts at that price few months back. :|

Back