A noob's guide on buying consoles!

Check if firmware is on 3.55 and if it is then grab it eyes closed no matter what

If it is on the latest version then check warranty, physical damages, good price if it is below 10k mark :)

ok , is it possible to install a ubuntu / windows xp OS in a ps3 ?

yes, its possible if the PS3 is FW is 3.15 or less

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

No ! It was possible inFAT PS3 but the functionality was removed by Sony later on

even slim too supported with 3.15 FW which was release in the earlier version.

correct me if im wrong

Still looks a bit dicey. But if you're short on cash, you can risk it. But make sure it works properly and you test a few games on it.

Hells Yeah! That's an awesome deal. Get it RGH'd and you'll be set. You can play all the multi-platform titles with ease. So my vote is all for it.

Hells Yeah! That's an awesome deal. Get it RGH'd and you'll be set. You can play all the multi-platform titles with ease. So my vote is all for it.

Thanks for your suggestion bro. I have no idea regarding getting the x360 RGH'd. Can we do it ourselves or do we have to get it from outside? How much will i have to spend to get this done?

Can we do it ourselves or do we have to get it from outside? How much will i have to spend to get this done?

You can do it yourself only if you have expert knowledge, otherwise people charge around 4k for doing it. Your best bet would be to get it done from someone else.

It is not as easy as the KMEAW 3.55 hack for the PS3, bear that in mind.

You can do it yourself only if you have expert knowledge, otherwise people charge around 4k for doing it. Your best bet would be to get it done from someone else.

It is not as easy as the KMEAW 3.55 hack for the PS3, bear that in mind.

4k!!! Thats quiete a money. It thinkbit is better to spend almost same and get my PS3 downgraded to 3.55.
Anyhow, confirmed with the guy for x360. Will be picking it up tomorrow. Will check at Palika about getting this RGH'd.

Thanks a lot both of you!

---------- Post added at 10:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

To claim warranty on X360? Do we need an invoice or just the serial number is fine?

4k!!! Thats quiete a money. It thinkbit is better to spend almost same and get my PS3 downgraded to 3.55.

Unlike the PS3, this is a permanent hack, which can't be blocked by Microsoft. Even if you downgrade your PS3 to 3.55, you'll be stuck with playing older titles. It's a one time investment for your X360. Believe me, booting games without DVD, XBLA games, DLC's Emulators, alternate dashboards etc. What more would you want?

To claim warranty on X360? Do we need an invoice or just the serial number is fine?

It's validated via the serial number. You need to register the console on Microsoft's website using the provided serial number.

Unlike the PS3, this is a permanent hack, which can't be blocked by Microsoft. Even if you downgrade your PS3 to 3.55, you'll be stuck with playing older titles. It's a one time investment for your X360. Believe me, booting games without DVD, XBLA games, DLC's Emulators, alternate dashboards etc. What more would you want?

It's validated via the serial number. You need to register the console on Microsoft's website using the provided serial number.

Not sure if the previous owner has registered the console or not.

By going RGH way, do i have to burn the downloaded games to a DVD or not? And what is this LT2.0 and LT3.0 thing?

By going RGH way, do i have to burn the downloaded games to a DVD or not? And what is this LT2.0 and LT3.0 thing?

All the games go on the hard disc, and directly boot, just like games on PS3 using kmeaw hack and games on internal/PC games.

LT 2 or 3 is an old hack which utilised discs.

All the games go on the hard disc, and directly boot, just like games on PS3 using kmeaw hack and games on internal/PC games.

LT 2 or 3 is an old hack which utilised discs.

Alright, now i get it. Will be buying it tomorrow and get it modded by the weekend. Thanks for all suggestions guys. Aprreciate it.
I'll let you guys know once i'll get everything done.

Sure thing! Good luck :)

So, bought the xbox. Paid 8k. Got the controller, brick, display and power cord. Nothing else.
No game to play right now. Will borrow once i finish with max payne on the PS3. Will also try to get it RGH'd by the weekend.

Back