A noob's guide on buying consoles!

hey guys,
i have a xbox 360 4GB with modded lite on DG16D-4S 9504 DVD drive [most likely LT2.0 since it was modded in december 2011]. i want to know if i can play original games on my xbox ?

i mean, GTA5 is coming soon. i can't run backup discs of GTA5 on my LT2.0 console. so can i run original GTA5 disc on my LT2.0 console??

i never play online and can't get it modded/updated in my city

ps3 slim or xbox 360

going to buy a console by mid-Feb
PS3 Slim 320GB with Medival Moves bundle Rs.19990
OR
Xbox 360 S 250GB Action-Adventure Bundle @ Rs.24990
my requirements

• GAMES.like god of war and resistance or Gears of War and Halo
  • Playing FHD movies from HDD and playing Music
  • a nice amount of Multiplayer play
  • 3-4 Hours continous gameplay everyday
  • Should survive for 2 years minimum assuming i play for the above mentioned time per-day
  • Good CC(I Am a victim of sony's horrible CC,regarding my underwarranty psp, i never got a replacement)

let the flaming begin!

my research
ps3 blu-ray drive conks off after 1 year,or if you use it for continous gameplay
is it true?
xbox does not have such problems apart from RDOD
i am okay for spending 1.3k for 3 months for MP
basically,the console should be hardy and play games for long time

i have an Xbox 360 Wired Controller for Windows,so *xbox controller uses battries* goes out of the window
i am also attracted to Halo 4 and gears of war 3 after seeing thier video reviews
i have also played ports of sony exclusives on psp and love god of war and resistance series'

if you really wanna enjoy i would say buy both.i have both of them and never regretted buying any of them.
otherwise-
reasons for buying xbox over ps3-
halo(this alone is worth it) and gow.
better controller(atleast for me)
buy it if you like multiplayer more.

ps3 over xbox-
a lot many of good games of all types and not just shooters.
buy this if you are more into single player games.

dont worry about blu ray drive conking off and rrod etc as now a days that is really rare.my ps3 is around 3-4 years old and still going strong.

Even I was confused at first, and I did read up on a lot of material. PS3 because it offers more flexibility in terms of -
  • Games - BD discs so all games are on 1 disc. The there are the exclusive titles.
  • Playing videos/music - Plays almost all major formats (except MKV)
  • You can change the HDD yourself
  • Controllers are BT enabled, and rechargeable
  • You can attach a wireless keyboard/mouse easily
  • Free online play
  • PS+ - For 3k odd a year you get access to almost 15 full popular titles

Thats what I can recollect right now, but yea there are more.

I would go for XBox solely for the multiplayer thing.

new-gen consoles may be released in march this year. however, they will be expensive ofcourse, and if you don't wish to spend much, and also would like to first enjoy the titles of the present consoles, then yes, you could & should go ahead! i did what dbzgoku wrote above. and if you take proper care of your console(s), there are minuscule chances of a fault occurring now.

i would say buy the X360 for now. if you wish, then get the PS3 later; but suggesting this more because this is what i had done personally, and i was determined to purchase both of them since the beginning! ;)

^i forgot to add another point,i am a Laptop gamer,and i already have 20+ legit games,so the console will be ONLY for exclusives(and playing Movies from HDD)
also,i am a student so i don't have money to buy both :-(
so basically its Halo + Gears of war or God of War + resistance

^i forgot to add another point,i am a Laptop gamer,and i already have 20+ legit games,so the console will be ONLY for exclusives(and playing Movies from HDD)
also,i am a student so i don't have money to buy both :-(
so basically its Halo + Gears of war or God of War + resistance

you have made it really simple now for us to suggest to you (as well as very simple now for you to decide for yourself) - get the PS3! period.

IMO PS3 has better exclusive-titles, and more in number.

and i knew that you are a student, but was making just a wild guess that you could buy the 2nd console after some time ;)

:Jumpy: ps3 :Jumpy:
and i knew that you are a student, but was making just a wild guess that you could buy the 2nd console after some time
even if i had money to buy a new console, i would use that money and sell my laptop to get a gaming PC
coz x360(will be *officially* ancient in some months) and NeXtbox will be too *new* and risky to get
and also C3 :Jumpy:

:Jumpy: ps3 :Jumpy:

even if i had money to buy a new console, i would use that money and sell my laptop to get a gaming PC
coz x360(will be *officially* ancient in some months) and NeXtbox will be too *new* and risky to get
and also C3 :Jumpy:

hehe....alright. happy to see you excited ;)
BTW, what's C3? the edifier speakers?

^ no you cannot. The new games would be in xgd3 format and LT 2.0 supports xgd2 only. You can upgrade the dashboard to latest but that would remove the mod and lock and also lock the spi.

get both of them used from forums here or buy ps3 used instead of spending over the new one and save some money.as this current generation will soon be over with ps4 launching this year or maybe next the prices of current gen consoles will fall steeply in next 1-2 years so better to buy used one.
tip-get 3.55 one if you can get ;-)

Hello, Is there any place online where I can buy a 160 GB PS3 from? The 500 GB one is a bit too costly for me and I think that 12 GB is extremely limited, even though I plan on playing one game at a time or so.

Back