Budget 51-70k A PC for Video cutting and Basic editing

passthrough =/= virtualization.

Using proxmox and virtualization so that multiple people could log in into the same machine for video editing is like buying starship enterprise for a milk run.

LTT or MKBHD who do a lot of video editing aren't doing it even though they have man power to maintain the server machine.

For the task at hand, you can actually check video editing benchmarks for the majority of the tasks. If it's just capture, trim and render, focus on those benchmarks. Also, are you going to use hardware encoding? Is that quality acceptable? It can have more errors in the renders, but it can works for news. There's also Intel Quicksync that can be helpful in encoding and decoding.

If you're going to be switching from Premiere Pro to Davinci Resolve at any point, as many do because Premiere Pro is a crash fest, then you'll need a beefier GPU as that utilizes GPU a lot more than Premiere Pro does.

Overall, based on the workflow, you can optimize costs a lot. And hey, if it's primarily 1080p, most mid-range setups are gonna be fantastic! In 2014 when I started video editing after getting GH4 to learn filmmaking, I was editing 4k files on an i7 4790k and GTX970 setup. Even a budget i3 setup can outperform that now. Lol

Does M1 Mac not offer hardware acceleration for premiere pro?

If you're going to be switching from Premiere Pro to Davinci Resolve at any point, as many do because Premiere Pro is a crash fest, then you'll need a beefier GPU as that utilizes GPU a lot more than Premiere Pro does.
I'm one of them. Premiere is a very legacy software. Some of its functionality is purely single threaded still today.

Resolve works better with their console. If considering to switch to resolve, please join the blackmagic forum and their Facebook page. It contains many veterans and working professionals, so they tend to give more practical advices. And of course, RTFM, but that's easier said than done cuz it's a 1000 page manual XD

Back