Budget 20-25K A phone for myself

Synth-Pop

Adept
1. Budget?
A: INR 16k-25k, can extend upto 30k is something is worth it.

2. Preferred display size, type and resolution?
A: 6"-6.5" , AMOLED, FHD and above

3. Preferred operating system? (Android (with version), iOS, Windows Phone etc).
A: Android

4. Preferred connectivity options? (4G, 3G, 2G etc).
A: 4G, I don't care if it's 5G or not.

5. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them.
A: Do I 've a option. ?
Since last decade I've only used Sony Xperia, Samsung, Motorola and a couple of Asus including 5z and 6z.
I am used to minimum bloat but now it seems I need to digest some. Also don't like that bixby my Samsung but I can live with it.

6. What is your intended use for this phone (internet, camera, multimedia, mails etc.)?
A: Calling, video calling, more calling, extended 4-6 hours continuous group video calling . Some usual browsing and checking mails and social media.
Not interested in watching videos on youtube, NF etc. but may be listening to some music if 3.5mm jack is available.
I don't play games on mobile but still want fast performance for camera , opening and closing apps etc.
I don't care much about camera quality but it should be snappy with fast focus and click (don't want to wait for focus to avoid blurry pics).

7. Single SIM/ Dual SIM?
A: No preference,

8. New or Used? Online or Offline?
A: New. Don’t mind buying online

9. Any other requirements?
A: Priority wise -
1. I want best battery backup and display.
2. Minimum bloatware,
2. Headphones jack 3.5mm if possible.
3. Microsd card slot if possible. (required only if 3.5mm jack is available)

10. If you have already considered a phone, then please mention the model
A: Realme GT Neo 2 ? it was recently sold for 23k.
Samsung A52s ? isn't the best value for money in my opinion
poco x3 pro ? but no amoled here.
mi 11 i
iqoo 7 / 9 se ?

I never ever used any of these Chinese brand, so no experience about brands like - realme, xiaomi, oppo, vivo, redmi, mi, oneplus, poco, iqoo.
Right now I am using Asus 5z and 6z. I am satisfied with these phones interface but 5z is 3 yr old and battery is giving just fair only performance.
Can't decide anything new, so suggestions welcomed.

Yeah..I have a Huawei P10 phone that gives me much much better pics.

btw it is an excellent phone.. great for gaming, awesome battery, no heating issues, features etc.. except for the pics coming bad.. there are a few posts on people complaining about this issue, the solution was to decrease the setting to 1/320 but it proved bad for low light pictures

so hasselband shit is overhyped ?
No lens will give you a good photo on a smartphone if the software or post-processing is crap.
Realme 9 pro+ seems like a decent option(read it with hesitancy) as it has a good camera. Main cam has OIS. It also has stereo speakers with 3.5mm jack.
But it has tonnes of bloatware, which can be removed. No SD card though. The 256GB variant seems a bit over-priced at 29k. It does has Amoled screen.
Regarding battery backup, hard to say since its a new phone with a new MTK 920 SoC. My gut feeling says, it should be good given I use 820G and it gives me good backup. I feel they should have gone with a 5000mah instead of 4500mah. But I guess they had to take ths decision because it has a glass back and glass adds weight to the phone.

Last edited:
I'm inclining towards G52 but still waiting for G82 not for 5G but for slightly better processor and OIS though camera processing will remain the same.
If they release it in INDIA I'll buy it or else I'll take G52, no alternate option in my mind. Mean while if something new comes I'll look for.

Due the current mi 11x garbage , redmi k40s rebadged phone isnt being launched and they have clipped POCOs launches but have heard that by the end of may we might get lucky.

Missing HTC,SONY,Asus.LG v series and nokia mid rangers and well specced phones

@Synth-Pop since you're okay with mi, if you can extend a little and okay with 128gb storage then xiaomi 11t pro should be a perfect match for you.
Even the Mi 11x Pro is a pretty good option, if you have any working mobiles you can get good exchange value for it.

Thanks @Kaleen Bhaiya I'd noticed it, only compromise is the battery. Let's wait for a couple of reviews, meanwhile it's likely nothing phone may be launched.

How about Samsung A52s? Currently going for sale at 30000 INR in fkart and amazon as well. Additional card discounts also available.
Samsung asks unnecessary premium as a brand value, moreover they 've their own bloatware which I dislike. Samsung isn't good for me though I've got 3 more Samsung users in my family.

@Synth-Pop since you're okay with mi, if you can extend a little and okay with 128gb storage then xiaomi 11t pro should be a perfect match for you.
Even the Mi 11x Pro is a pretty good option, if you have any working mobiles you can get good exchange value for it.
I' m considering Mi this time and both phones are excellent choice but here's a slight change in my required config. i.e. It's ok without microsd card slot but 3.5mm is a must.
Both models lacks 3.5mm jack and I can't take long calls holding phone in this hot climate.

Back