Budget 30-40k A phone with good audio through 3.5mm jack

red dragon

Justiceforall
Skilled
My Note 10 lite is driving me crazy. It's not an old phone ( max 6 months, and used extensively) but the battery barely lasts a working day (9am- 4pm) with around 3.5-4 hr of SOT and the phone is getting sluggish everyday ( only emails, browsing, YouTube, Tidal streaming...that's basically what I do on a phone)
Can buy the Note 10 for the stylus, but it does not have the 3.5 out.
And even with a passive dongle it sounds like garbage.
The Xiaomi phone I use as a second phone has completely spoiled me with the awesome clean audio out!!
But don't want to buy another Xiaomi as there's no service center here.
I know my options are really limited ( LG V60 / 8X)
Shall I go with LG or buy a cheap samsung with Snapdragon and a DAP ( lost the M3 Pro) like M11 or iBasso DX160?
PLEASE DON'T suggest a dongle DAC, first the battery drain and the tendency of loosing things ( lost a very cheap but good dongle...Sonata something...) I'm not careless and break things nowadays, but started loosing smaller gadgets..the Sonata was such a good cheap portable amp/ DAC..but the battery draw was considerable.
Budget: Max 600 EUR for a phone only
If end up buying a DAP and phone, would like to buy the cheapest usable phone ( and use the rest of the phone budget plus 200 EUR for a decent DAP) with a decent SOC and big battery ( camera/ gaming etc. is not a priority) for phone calls mostly.
The Xiaomi phone is fast enough for emails, browsing, YouTube etc. But I need another phone to make calls ( both normal and video..)
What's the cheapest Samsung with Snapdragon?

Portable type C to type A DAC is a very good option but adding another device doesn't suits me as my portable audio use is very limited.
Definitely, dedicated DACs like Fiio is the best option but as of now primary requirement is of a phone.

yes no more 3.5mm jack on some upcoming phones likes - Iqoo 7, Realme GT, oneplus 9, Rog 5, K40 pro.

Hmm and also no SD card support in k40 and most of them are losing it !

I don't like where smartphones are going.

Btw I love xperia 5 ii , but its priced a bit too high and I am not a camera person. But someone wanting mix of great camera ( along with Sony software ) and 3.5mm jack its a great phone and someone who does have budget , should consider it for sure.

Hmm and also no SD card support in k40 and most of them are losing it !

I don't like where smartphones are going.

Btw I love xperia 5 ii , but its priced a bit too high and I am not a camera person. But someone wanting mix of great camera ( along with Sony software ) and 3.5mm jack its a great phone and someone who does have budget , should consider it for sure.
Sony phones no longer available in India since few yrs now..

Well looks like you are in luck, apparently new rog phone will have have a 3.5mm jack ( well 2 of them ! ) and great speakers and ESS quad DAC !! Amongst other things u get from a rog phone and USB c to HDMI out as well !

Back