Budget 25-30k A tablet for drawings.

pratikk

Recruit
Minimum Requirement:
1. At least 256 GB storage space
2. Loud Speakers
3. Should have a dedicated Stylus for it.

I wan to use it specifically for drawing.

I want to add that Apple pencil is the most clumsy, awkward, heavy, slippery, overpriced garbage ever. Even a s pen coming with a old note destroys Apple pencil in terms of feel. Note taking is better on Samsung too. So, if you are a hobby artist and okay with sketchbook them do consider Tab s7 too.
I was forced to buy Apple pencil because I wanted the best compatibility and pen tips availability was an important concern for me. Another important point is, Apple pencil is just a marketing gimmick and it feels totally out of place on iPad's glass screen while sPen feels like an actual pen designed to work with a glass screen. You won't be able to judge this in a shop unless you sit down and draw something for a significant amount of time.

That doesn't mean you cannot get used to it though.
Yes. A few months back I gave my kiddo the option of iPad Air or Samsung S8. The primary purpose was to take notes. She tried both at Reliance Retail and preferred the S8. Samsung has honed the pencil over a very long period. We got the S8 for her. iPad Air had a "get AirPods free" offer at that time. S8 comes with a pencil, iPad doesn't. If the older iPad is purchased, one needs to buy connectors. People don't factor in those additional costs.

Looking at the OPs budget, I didn't suggest either the S8 or Air; I think S7 is NA, it is the S7FE that is available nowadays. There are people who trash MiPad 5 without even ever using it. I bought it and it is a delight to use. Didn't get the pen as the use case was different.

I did go to Croma to test it out, just couldn't get time to update.
The apple pencil felt very slippery but it felt nice in my hand, the weight just felt right. When I asked if there was something I can do about the slipperiness, they just told that I'll get used to it.
I agree. I got used to the Apple Pencil. Kids loved coloring mandalas. But then my younger kid hid it somewhere and I could not find it. Now, I am missing it big time and I do not want to buy a new one. Will wait for younger kid to grow a bit more and understand value of these things.

the combination of quality apps, hardware is what differentiates iPads from the rest.

Drawing apps on ios and Android are not some half baked stuff. These are fully functional software beating even photoshop in some areas. The performance is phenomenal. Desktop apps, both MAC and PC don't even come close in a lot of areas. Few significant limitations are the number of layers, canvas size and some specific software features.
I did go to Croma to test it out, just couldn't get time to update.
The apple pencil felt very slippery but it felt nice in my hand, the weight just felt right. When I asked if there was something I can do about the slipperiness, they just told that I'll get used to it.
To each their own. I have drawn a lot of stuff on my iPad Pro but Apple pencil always felt out of place. Weight is the thing I hate the most about Apple pencil. No pen, pencil, brush or any real drawing tool in real world weighs that much. I have no idea what Apple was thinking when they designed this junk. Regarding slippery, no you will never get used to it and you will drop it one day which will cost you 10k. Use a silicon cover to fight Apple design flaw.

Last edited:
Drawing apps on ios and Android are not some half baked stuff. These are fully functional software beating even photoshop in some areas. The performance is phenomenal. Desktop apps, both MAC and PC don't even come close in a lot of areas. Few significant limitations are the number of layers, canvas size and some specific software features.
Don't get me wrong but I was not being critical of ios and Android. I own an iPad Pro myself so I don't really need someone else to tell me all about it.
I was merely pointing out an alternative which is a really good starting point for someone serious about drawing and painting or someone graduating to digital from canvas/paper, without spending an arm and leg, if portability wasn't a factor.

Don't get me wrong but I was not being critical of ios and Android. I own an iPad Pro myself so I don't really need someone else to tell me all about it.
I was merely pointing out an alternative which is a really good starting point for someone serious about drawing and painting or someone graduating to digital from canvas/paper, without spending an arm and leg, if portability wasn't a factor.
I knew you wasn't critical of it. I wasn't aware of the fact that you are an artist too who has already used desktop software and now using Ipad for his artworks and is fully aware of the strengths and limitations of iPad apps. How would I know? Also, I wasn't teaching you anything. I just spoke my mind.

I knew you wasn't critical of it. I wasn't aware of the fact that you are an artist too who has already used desktop software and now using Ipad for his artworks and is fully aware of the strengths and limitations of iPad apps. How would I know? Also, I wasn't teaching you anything. I just spoke my mind.
If that was indeed the case I don't see why you needed to quote my post .. anyways.

If that was indeed the case I don't see why you needed to quote my post .. anyways.
What is the issue in it? This is the 2nd time someone has said it today. I removed the quotes though. I hope now it is fine. Just letting you know that I have no interest in teaching you or anyone else anything. This is a public forum and the quotes are general purpose too. It is not like I sent you a personal message.

What is the issue in it? This is the 2nd time someone has said it today. I removed the quotes though. I hope now it is fine. Just letting you know that I have no interest in teaching you or anyone else anything. This is a public forum and the quotes are general purpose too. It is not like I sent you a personal message.
Thank you.
Basically it shows your intent/response towards the specific post (it is not a general purpose post any more). If your intention is to speak your mind in general, it is always better to do it without quoting someone.

Back