Budget 25-30k A tablet for drawings.

pratikk

Recruit
Minimum Requirement:
1. At least 256 GB storage space
2. Loud Speakers
3. Should have a dedicated Stylus for it.

I wan to use it specifically for drawing.

Minimum Requirement:
2. Loud Speakers

In my view, there is nothing better than a ipad
Choose whichever fits your budget...
I guess the last year's or 2020s ipad pro 11inch could prove perfect.

I have the 8th gen 10.2 inch basic ipad and I am pretty happy with my prescription writing with it and the first gen apple pencil.

Do keep in mind apart from the hardware, the software also matters a lot for fluidity, compatibility, options etc so choose wisely.

Minimum Requirement:
2. Loud Speakers

Xiaomi Pad 5 with the Xiaomi Smart Stylus. I have the 256GB variant of it as well, and everything about it is stunning for its price.
It's UI has absolutely no bloat, very user friendly, display is good and SD 860+120hz works well without lag.
Xiaomi pen is excellent for taking notes. However, a con with this is that only the xiaomi pen will work properly with the tablet. Any cheaper alternative will lack features like palm rejection and inbuilt buttons.
Another con is that it's last update is Android 13.

In my view, there is nothing better than a ipad

Do keep in mind apart from the hardware, the software also matters a lot for fluidity, compatibility, options etc so choose wisely.
I can go with the IPad but the only problem is it does not lets users run modded applications like how an android does.

Currently the only Samsung Tab I can afford is the S6 Lite, can anyone tell me how good is it?
also does anyone have any experience with realme pad 5?

Last edited by a moderator:
What is your budget? What kind of drawing we are talking about? Is it a hobby or professional? If you draw good then don't waste your time with other cheaper tablets and go for an iPad. There are only a few good apps on Android world. First is Infinite painter which is buggy on Android, especially Tab s6 has some hardware compatibility issues with it. 2nd is Clip studio paint which is a subscription based app and it needs high processing power, 3rd is sketchbook which is free so most people use it. On iPad however you will get Prorate, Art Studio pro, a stable infinite painter and many other options. Apps and software are everything for drawing so I recommend an iPad if your budget allows. You can also buy Tab s7 if you are okay with sktechbook or ready to pay Clip studio paint subscription.

If you can increase your budget, nothing matches iPad + ProCreate. Period!

If you are on low budget, does not matter which Android tablet you get. They come with bloatware, shitty skins and barely gets updates. For example Mi Pad 5 was on Android 11 and received Android 12 in May. Yes, it took Mi almost a year to update to Android 12 though they released the tablet just before Android 12 release. Nobody knows if it will get Android 13. Realme Pad is stuck on Android 11, did not get Android 12 as well though it released after Android 12 came out. Realme Pad X OS version will be in same state. Whatever Android version you get will be the one you will end up with till it dies.

Last edited:
Thanks for your input everyone I think I'll go with the Ipad 9th Gen but now I need a cheaper stylus because the one apple provides is wayy too expenses for me.

iPad 9 does not support Apple Pencil. Cheap ones are, well, cheap and not recommended for drawing.

Go to 5:42 in below video and you will see why cheap ones are bad for drawing. They are good for taking notes, not for drawing.

Last edited:
Thanks for your input everyone I think I'll go with the Ipad 9th Gen but now I need a cheaper stylus because the one apple provides is wayy too expenses for me.
I don't think it's a good idea. Procreate has removed compatibility with all stylus other than Apple pencil and Logitech cryon. Logitech may be removed too in future. Procreate does not have subscription and it is a very good app. Other problem is availablity of pen tips of other stylus. Apple pencil tips are just 2-3 days away from you from Apple India website. I suggest you to pick a used Apple pencil and a cover for it. These are the things you will need.
1) Apple pencil.
2) Apple pencil silicon cover.
3) Drawing gloves.
4) Apple pencil tips in future.

I don't think it's a good idea. Procreate has removed compatibility with all stylus other than Apple pencil and Logitech cryon. Logitech may be removed too in future. Procreate does not have subscription and it is a very good app. Other problem is availablity of pen tips. Apple pencil tips are just 2-3 days away from you from Apple India website. I suggest you to pick a used Apple pencil and a cover for it. These are the things you will need.
1) Apple pencil.
3) Drawing gloves.
And a lightning to USB adapter to charge first gen Apple pencil as iPad 9 comes with USB-C port.

I don't think it's a good idea. Procreate has removed compatibility with all stylus other than Apple pencil and Logitech cryon. Logitech may be removed too in future. Procreate does not have subscription and it is a very good app. Other problem is availablity of pen tips of other stylus. Apple pencil tips are just 2-3 days away from you from Apple India website. I suggest you to pick a used Apple pencil and a cover for it. These are the things you will need.
1) Apple pencil.
3) Drawing gloves.
Are drawing gloves necessary, don't they have palm rejection ?

I ll again say and reiterate, for good writing, or great drawing plus clutterfree organisation of pages or drawings and for highly optimized great writing and sketching applications..... Buy an ipad with apple pencil...

You cnq post on wtb forum for a used pencil and I am sure someone must be selling as i aaw a couple listed in last few months....

I had strated with the Huawei tab which has palm rejection and came with a company pen, was supposed to be good for writing according to a lot of people but that couldn't match th fluidity and great responsive Ness of ipad...

What is suggest is

Go to croma or Vijay sales in your area and try out writing or drawing on ipads and the available tablets on display....

I ll again say and reiterate, for good writing, or great drawing plus clutterfree organisation of pages or drawings and for highly optimized great writing and sketching applications..... Buy an ipad with apple pencil...

You cnq post on wtb forum for a used pencil and I am sure someone must be selling as i aaw a couple listed in last few months....

I had strated with the Huawei tab which has palm rejection and came with a company pen, was supposed to be good for writing according to a lot of people but that couldn't match th fluidity and great responsive Ness of ipad...

What is suggest is

Go to croma or Vijay sales in your area and try out writing or drawing on ipads and the available tablets on display....
Thanks for the idea, I'll go to Croma tmrw to test it

I want to add that Apple pencil is the most clumsy, awkward, heavy, slippery, overpriced garbage ever. Even a s pen coming with a old note destroys Apple pencil in terms of feel. Note taking is better on Samsung too. So, if you are a hobby artist and okay with sketchbook them do consider Tab s7 too.
I was forced to buy Apple pencil because I wanted the best compatibility and pen tips availability was an important concern for me. Another important point is, Apple pencil is just a marketing gimmick and it feels totally out of place on iPad's glass screen while sPen feels like an actual pen designed to work with a glass screen. You won't be able to judge this in a shop unless you sit down and draw something for a significant amount of time.

That doesn't mean you cannot get used to it though.

Last edited:
I want to add that Apple pencil is the most clumsy, awkward, heavy, slippery, overpriced garbage ever. Even a s pen coming with a old note destroys Apple pencil in terms of feel. Note taking is better on Samsung too. So, if you are a hobby artist and okay with sketchbook them do consider Tab s7 too.
I was forced to buy Apple pencil because I wanted the best compatibility and pen tips availability was an important concern for me. Another important point is, Apple pencil is just a marketing gimmick and it feels totally out of place on iPad's glass screen while sPen feels like an actual pen designed to work with a glass screen. You won't be able to judge this in a shop unless you sit down and draw something for a significant amount of time.
I did go to Croma to test it out, just couldn't get time to update.
The apple pencil felt very slippery but it felt nice in my hand, the weight just felt right. When I asked if there was something I can do about the slipperiness, they just told that I'll get used to it.

Back