WTB A used 2.5 Inch usb 3 hdd enclosure or a used pcie card to add extra sata ports to gigabyte A320 MA

JMak

Yeah.. I am at it ;)
Adept
Hi
I have a gigabyte a320 ma board..
It has 4 SATA ports, I have connected 1 ssd, 2 hdds and 1 optical drive to them.
As i bought another 2.5mm 1tb drive recently I had to disconnect the dvd writer... Though I use the writer only once or twice a month, I dont wish to connect t and disconnect drives that frequently..

Is there a card or extender with somebody that can give me a couplebof more ports, that are safe and don't put extra load on my mobo... Would like to get a pre owned..

Alternatively if anyone has a 2.5mm external enclosure then please share details... I can go for that as well...

Thanks

Edited thread title and description on suggestions : Feb 25th 11am

Last edited:
Hi
I have a gigabyte a320 ma board..
It has 4 SATA ports, I have connected 1 ssd, 2 hdds and 1 optical drive to them.
As i bought another 2.5mm 1tb drive recently I had to disconnect the dvd writer... Though I use the writer only once or twice a month, I dont wish to connect t and disconnect drives that frequently..

Is there a card or extender with somebody that can give me a couplebof more ports, that are safe and don't put extra load on my mobo...

Thanks
Are you exploring options ?
Do you want to buy something new ?
If yes to either then you are posting in the wrong section. Post your query in the Buying help sections.
On topic, what is the use of the additional drive ?
You have two options - buy what Ankit has suggested (assumes you have a free PCIe slot) or just get an external HDD enclosure.

Are you exploring options ?
Do you want to buy something new ?
If yes to either then you are posting in the wrong section. Post your query in the Buying help sections.
On topic, what is the use of the additional drive ?
You have two options - buy what Ankit has suggested (assumes you have a free PCIe slot) or just get an external HDD enclosure.
Well as I have posted in wtb, hence want to get something preowned, either a card, or may be an enclosure, or any other equipment..(edited the thread title to add a used enclosure as well)
IF I am not able to find anything in pre owned options then I ll buy a new 2.5 enclosure...

Just fyi, the 2.5" enclosure works fine for hdd but you may need to keep the sliding cover open depending on your room temps/hdd temps as these enclosures don't have contact with hdd drive & are typically made of plastic so poor heat dissipation.

Just fyi, the 2.5" enclosure works fine for hdd but you may need to keep the sliding cover open depending on your room temps/hdd temps as these enclosures don't have contact with hdd drive & are typically made of plastic so poor heat dissipation.
Yep, might just drill some holes at the bottom if it's the plastic one..
Lets see if anyone has a used one to offer.

PS :Thread title again updated

Back