A very wierd SAMSUNG INDIA expirience

Hello Guys :)

around 2 months back i had purchased a Samsung Wave (S8500GT) for myself and was quite pleased with the same.

Then came the JH1 update on KIES (update software for samsung) and my cell got fraked up. the camera flash went bad, the phone started missing reception at areas where other`s easily can and also the battery of the cell went berserk.

Visited Samsung Service center asap and got the TOTAL REPLACEMENT authentication from them as my cell was less than a month old, they said it would be replaced and i was OK with it, till they promise to give me a black set at that.

anyways today i recieved the call from Samsung`s regional manager and the service center today that, they wont be able to provide me with another samsung wave instead, they shall refund my money back.

Now i have decided and at the same time looking at current availability issues of Samsung wave that i wont go for the REFUND and i want the cellphone only.

Samsung should have been considerate enough to keep some stocks for returns and replacements as per the policy of after sales and service as Nokia did whn they got done with nokia n82 but still kept sets of n82 for replacement (myself have used it).

now they are forcing me to take the cheque of the amount that i had purchased the cell for, but i want the wave 1 only...

wat to do ? they are not letting me even talk to the higher Ups... the RSM says, he is the most i can talk to and wished me luck trying to reach other samsung officials..

please Help me out, what to do ? i want wave.. and i`d paid for the same only.. y the company forcing refund on me ?

Dont mind asking but whats the issue in taking the cheque and buying a new Wave ? Assuming Wave is much cheaper now compared to 1-2 months back price , you will get a better deal as well as more warranty.

FaH33m said:
Dont mind asking but whats the issue in taking the cheque and buying a new Wave ? Assuming Wave is much cheaper now compared to 1-2 months back price , you will get a better deal as well as more warranty.
WAVE is simply not available !

nowhere to be found. wouldn`t have minded paying 500-600 rs extra, but it`s just not available :(

One of my friends had a similar issue with his N 78. After he relentlessly insisted on the phone itself, they made him wait for ages until he finally gave up and agreed on accepting the money lol

I wish sony ercisson offerred me money for my k790i - which i bought on 2nd oct 2008 and since 10th oct 2008 till june 2009 was in the possession of SE service center. I asked for a full refund but i kept getting repaired handsets of the same make which didn't work for more than 5 days before failing to work. Finally I got a C-510 in June 2009 and it kept restarting and giving me issues till I got rid of it in April 2010-I got Rs.3000 for the phone and a 4Gb m2 card-Mobile store offered me the best exchange rate and I ditched it for a Nokia 6303c. I am never buying SE again.

I suppose u should take the cheque & opt for another phone. What's the point in haggling for weeks & in the end not getting what u want.

Even if they do succumb to your haggling, they'll not give u any colour preference. So, if they arrange a Grey wave for u..... u have to live with it & then u won't even be able to ask for the refund.

Legally speaking, as they have offered a complete refund (Invoice price) U simply have no chance of getting any specific performance from Samsung. So, take the refund & move on.

Again, even if u decide to take them to Consumer Court, any decent lawyer charges atleast 15-20k for such cases. Moreover, the cases take ages to be resolved & in the end, u'll end up getting the Refund for the phone price + a measly compensation of about 3k (max, if at all awarded) or so.

So, that would be 17k (Invoice Price) + 3K (Compensation if at all awarded) - 15K (Lawyer's fees) = 5k (Net Profit assuming that u get the compensation which is unlikely)

Now, if u consider the unnecessary hassles & time wasted on the issue, u'll realise that the 5k Net Profit is not actually any profit but u've in fact suffered greater losses.

Well...it sounds rather reasonable offer to me. Unlike Nokia Care people who would have just repaired it and created ten more issues in the process.

Warranty policy is to repair / replace /refund..

You can not demand / deny their mode. It is not for the end user to decide. It must be printed on terms and conditions in user manual.

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk

madnav said:
Warranty policy is to repair / replace /refund..

You can not demand / deny their mode. It is not for the end user to decide. It must be printed on terms and conditions in user manual.

Sent from my GT-I5700 using Tapatalk
Exactly, the Warranty Policy has a lot of Fine Print which the Buyer is deemed to have read, understood and accepted. So, getting the refund is the best option unless one is really interested in trying one's luck (bad luck!!!) with our judiciary!!! :p

@ To everyone :)

Guys, i do understand that what the company is doing is not at all wrong, but i am too attached with the phone called as wave to let it go.

there are no other good options other than the original wave yar.. any options you all could suggest ?

Dinesh_Malhotra said:
@ To everyone :)

Guys, i do understand that what the company is doing is not at all wrong, but i am too attached with the phone called as wave to let it go.

there are no other good options other than the original wave yar.. any options you all could suggest ?
Take the non-working phone back and place it as a showpiece in your home since you are so attached.......but otherwise taking the money back is the most sensible thing. And its not just about India, if they dont manufacture the product even in US you will get refund only.

I think try what MAGNeT has said in above post. Galaxy has the same super amoled screen plus has got Android. Or else take the money and checkout if some1 is wiling to sell his Wave. I know Wave is something different, most phones in market wont be able to match its display. (I hv not seen iphone, so except that) I am Wave owner myself :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

thebanik said:
Take the non-working phone back and place it as a showpiece in your home since you are so attached.......
ha ha ha i guess i will do it when i buy my next :D

not to sound too much rude but if you have so much attachment with wave..... you better wait for company to give one in future (for eternity) and assume that you are the owner of samsung wave a great and historic phone. lol

What better option one can have when on defective product, company is giving full refund...... and that too highly depreciating asset like cellphone (which rarely happens in indian market)...... You should have got the ans about what you should do now and what options you have. Best luck

Or is it like you were planning to sell it in black market later like a super car or rolls royce with more price than that product was actually purchased? :D

With refund money, you now have option to choose something better (may be in future). Come back in 1 yr and you MAY have ps3 performance in mobile or a 3 D FHD projector built in mobile in 2 yrs etc. lol

Back