A2 Ghee a scam?

Never has any science told people to feed every 3 hours. The science of glucagon and insulin was known quite long time ago. What you could say is that scientific approach requires time to experiement and determine the cause-effect relationships AND these results have to overcome the extremely egoistical and political people at the helm of scientific organizations, committees, bodies etc.

A case in point: fasting as a "treatment" to alleviate diabetes is known for more than a decade. Heck, I have been on one meal a day since 2011-12 (when intermittent fasting was not known to practically anyone). Doctors also knew about it (mostly due to experimentation done on prisoners during wars - so we have a wealth of knowledge from WW1 days). Some doctors put their clients on it and got great results. But there was no official statement from the Doctor's associations due to several reasons (most important factor pharma lobbies) - due to which I guess even today fasting is NOT one of the official ways to control blood sugar.

The benefit of science is to weed out stupid traditions which have no cause-effect relationship and hence perhaps doesnt warrant sticking with.
It is the un-educated people who follow "science-backed" claims made by non-scientific people which causes issues like the one you mention.
Sure mate whatever floats your boat. No one attacked science here, I just shared my opinion that if something is working for people around me since generations and not harming others then I personally would not like warriors of science like yourself to validate it because no one asked for your inputs.

And yes people should not make science backed claims because the thing is for something to be science backed it requires a lot of trials and peer reviews which are not something layman can ever do. Also regarding the intermittent fasting, I quoted late 90s in my comment and never questioned what doctors knew or did not know back then. 2010s saw fasting getting traction with boom happening around 2015 which imo was due to internet being available everywhere and not just the theory getting popular.

Lastly if there are lobbies so it doesn't matter what anyone says since any research can be bought out so again might as well stick to what's been working since generations:)

Back