Aakash Tablet available for COD :)

Guys m not using Aakash tablet so will be difficult to give a review .I am going to sell it.(cant bear that resistive screen),its getting me mad.

I got Aakash tablet week back. Not using it due to its resistive screen.

if u r in mumbai can u lend me so taht i can review it and post it on my blog
<

I wont be using it but may give it to sis

Her is the confirmation when i booked the higher end one

Thank you for pre-ordering Ubislate7+

Your booking ID is "". Please note this for future reference.

You will be contacted by email or phone when your order is ready to be shipped.

An exclusive special offer for you!

Priortized Delivery and Free Shipping!!

You can have a confirmed prioritized delivery of your Ubislate7+ in March if you decide to make an advanced payment by mailing a Cheque / Demand Draft for Rs.2999/-. This offer also promises free shipping for the tablet (normal shipping charges Rs.199/-).

If you decide to avail this offer, please mail a Cheque / Demand Draft for Rs. 2999/-, payable to Datawind Innovations Pvt. Ltd. at the following address:

Datawind Innovations Pvt. Ltd.

8148, Jubilee Complex,

Sultanwind Road,

Amritsar - 143001

Important: Please write your Booking ID on your Cheque / Demand Draft before you mail it and include a note with your mailing address.

For all Cheque / Demand Draft payment enquiries, please email us at supportin@datawind.com

If you decide not to avail this special offer, your order is still in our database and you'll be contacted via phone or email when your order is ready to be shipped.

How high quality wise can we go with video for playback on slate 7 or aakash. Any ideas ?

If used just for video playback, the resistive screen wont be much of a problem i guess.

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/aakash-low-cost-india-tablet-kapil-sibal/1/168564.html

The HRD ministry had initially placed an order for one lakh units with DataWind. It received 30,000 Aakash tabs as part of the pilot run. But it proved a disaster after poor the feedback received concerning these tabs.

The tablets distributed among students under the pilot run had an Android 2.2 operating system, a seven-inch touchscreen, a 366 MHz processor, two USB ports, a multimedia player and 180 minutes of battery power. Instead of the 366 MHz processor, the improved Aakash will have a 766 MHz processor and a battery with a better life.

Sources said DataWind had reportedly refused to upgrade the second tranche of 70,000 Aakash tablets with improved specifications, for which it sought more funds. However, it will supply the second tranche of improved Aakash tablets at the original price of Rs.2,250.

But IIT-Rajasthan, which is a tendering authority for the Aakash project has not come out with the new testing standards so far. The HRD ministry is looking for new vendors to sell the second tranche of 70,000 improved tablets from DataWind.

Authorities said this is a clear indication that DataWind's LC will not be extended, which lapses this month-end. It will now be supplied by other agency and not DataWind.

But the promoter of DataWind, Suneet S. Tuli, has successfully managed to get over 20 lakh bookings for the improved and upgraded version of the Aakash tablet in the open market where it costs Rs.749 more at Rs.2,999.

Tuli was not available for comments. However, company official claimed that their LC would be extended beyond January 30. "We have not been paid for 30,000 tablets which we have supplied so far," the official complained.

^^ capacitive in 7K is very difficult to find. Some chinese manufacturers are there. Search for wespro, veeDee, Apad and Ainol novo.

^^

Any one have gone to delhi old lajpat rai market. The chinese apad and zenpad they are selling are worth or not?? i saw a chinese apad @ 3000. the shopkeepers there have some strange type ?? how to deal with them?

are these chinese reliable products?? anything about warranty??

IMO dont go for it dude, i was in dubai last month, went to the Dragon mart which is a hub of chinese products, was planning to get a tablet <6k... but once i tried it, i felt not to got for it, as the touch screen is too bad, u have to press too hard to select something... even in two mins i felt it really annoying... so my opinion , either go for iPad or save ur money ....u can buy the same after some months....

Back