Aakash Tablet available for COD :)

Do we have any good, detailed reviews of Aakash 2/Ubislate? I tried searching couldnt find any.

I had booked mine in mid-december. Have not heard back from them after the initial email.

news is that datawind will provide 70000 units with improved specs (700 mhz and improved battery) to Indian govt. for Rs. 2599 per piece. Students will get for Rs. 1500 (earlier rs.1138) from april. now govt. is planning to involve manufactureres alongwith datawind. HCL is main competitor for datawind. also now 2 more IIts have joined.

booked now and also got the confirmation as well as the mail with details for ubi7

i am actually buying it for my mom to teach her about internet.....

booked now and also got the confirmation as well as the mail with details for ubi7

i am actually buying it for my mom to teach her about internet.....

DId you get any info on when it would be delivered? I had booked mine in December and havent heard from them again.

Datawind website is down. I hope customers who pre-ordered got some sort of communication or this situation will turn messy.

The situation is messy! I had booked more than 2 months ago but no further communication from them after the initial order confirmation.

I have been avoiding other tablets in the hope that this would be genuinly available.

Oh! forget the bookings & all, I had booked in Ubislate 7 on 10 Dec 2011 & its Feb 2012 now yet no reply or any communication from Datawind, so just forget about this "$35" Tab!

BSNL launched tablets Rival to Akash but cost Rs.1000/- more with better specifications
<

Back