Aarushi case: Court awards life sentence to Talwars

That's not the complete description of what happened inside the lift. I don't know the legal definition of rape. But think as a rational person and read this
http://newindianexpress.com/thesund...Shoma-Chaudhuri/2013/11/24/article1907442.ece
and tell me you still wouldn't call it rape. I rest my case.
Code:
– The bill expands the definition of rape to include not just penovaginal intercourse but the insertion of an object or any other body part into a woman’s vagina, urethra or anus, and oral sex.
Source: http://india.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/21/what-indias-anti-rape-bill-actually-says/?_r=0
Not considered "rape" per se, but the new law includes 'insertion of an object or any other body part into a woman’s vagina, urethra or anus, and oral sex' as rape. All that remains is whether she can prove 'insertion of tongue/finger'.
If she cant prove this still is sexual harassment. I hope TT goes to jail for his misdeeds wearing his TT underwear & baniyan. (PS : No offence to users of TT innerwear)

Last edited:
That's not the complete description of what happened inside the lift. I don't know the legal definition of rape. But think as a rational person and read this
http://newindianexpress.com/thesund...Shoma-Chaudhuri/2013/11/24/article1907442.ece
and tell me you still wouldn't call it rape.
I've got a better idea why don't you quote from that letter and tell us why you think its rape as you're the one making the charge.

All i see here is assault & harrassment. Stretching it would be attempted rape. But attempting means nothing.

Assault & harassment are pretty serious in themselves. What i don't understand is this desperation to call it rape, are we afraid our laws don't cover assault & harassment ? Maybe this could be a defining case to do just that. As more women enter the workforce this is going to happen more often. If the laws are clear and tried & tested with successful convictions then its better for everybody concerned.

Right now i suspect there are some grey areas which is why Tejpal tried his luck. And its still he said, she said. There are no witnesses just some video coverage for evidence.

I rest my case.
Nothing rests until the case is tried and we get a sentence. Still think its going to get that far ?

Last edited:
wow smh at people thinking that the talwars were correctly found guilty (which is completely a stretch going by the 'evidence' presented & thats all one can go on; please read avirook sen's brilliant reportage if you'll havent already & begin to feel enraged that this is the "nations premier investigating agency" at work :banghead:)
& really people actually think that the whole tejpal mess is a 'setup' ? :eek: what's in the water these people are drinking, and can i have some? also what happened, if true, is rape going by new law (& at least attempted rape by the old laws)

It should be a message to those who commit Honour killings much reputed in states like Bihar, Haryana, Rajastan where panchayats themselves impose laws. As for as Tejpal mess is concerned should he be concerned by new law which is named after the delhi rape victim is upto the legal fraternity right?
What happened to KPS Gill? If this is the same as of Gill then it is obviously blown out of proportion.

Back