about fuzzy and electronic control of washing machine

i have gone through the washing machine thread. it is that sud 107 is a better buy. can spares be available. will whrilpool india take up sales after service in a better way. why is it that fuzzy logic are unreliable. lg says he has fuzzy logic for all his tromm model. i found in many reviews that tromm models are doing better. what is the success rate of tromm models. will sud701 display any fault, say door not locked ,problem at drain/input etc. reply please

well the SUD701 will display all the things such as door not shut,tap closed,filter cloged with LEDs and other error codes with a LED display.
the fuzzy logic controls are only popular in india,none of the american ,european models have them ,even bosch and siemens don't have them.
in fuzzy logic controls the buttons will pack up faster or board behind goes kaput,ifb owns marketing say that their Top loading washing machines which have the fuzzy logic controls was a failure ,due to high failure rates of the control systems.

Fuzzy logic and buttons are totally unrelated things. It is something to do with intelligently calculating things like water required for a particular amount / volume of clothes, time for which each cycle is necessary to run and such other thing. I suppose that is what fuzzy logic means. Not sure how close i am to correct answer

Emil said:
This logic sounds fuzzy. Care to explain what the buttons have to do with fuzzy logic?

well some dealers refer the soft touch controls as fuzzy logic ,a slang i guess,its actualy digital controls.yes its totaly unrelated.

thanks adder. but does the adder mean that electronic control are accurate and reliable than fuzzy logic control. cheap fuzzy logic means cheaper spares. can you give any stat. about the success rate of lg's tromm series of front load washing mcs which uses fuzzy logic.i did talk to a service center of lg in my town , started two years back, said that no complaints on front load washing mcs . with regards

manickavasagamt said:
thanks adder. but does the adder mean that electronic control are accurate and reliable than fuzzy logic control. cheap fuzzy logic means cheaper spares. can you give any stat. about the success rate of lg's tromm series of front load washing mcs which uses fuzzy logic.i did talk to a service center of lg in my town , started two years back, said that no complaints on front load washing mcs . with regards

well i have read stories of people replacing the entire boards,they are not cheap to replace.the overall build quality of LG washing machines priced around 30k or less ,still doesn't match the SUD701.

ok adder. what about spares, after getting sud 701. do you have any idea of spares availability and the cost with indian whrilpool. as sud 701 is imported,we should not suffer for high spare costs and non availability of spares.

manickavasagamt said:
ok adder. what about spares, after getting sud 701. do you have any idea of spares availability and the cost with indian whrilpool. as sud 701 is imported,we should not suffer for high spare costs and non availability of spares.

well SUD701 models are available in most other asian countries and european countries,u can even buy them online if u wanted to.just make sure u buy AMC program costs around 3k to 4k ,it will give extra 2 years warranty from the orginal 2 years.i believe if u buy it before 9 months of the purchase u get some discount on the AMC.some parts are common with PUM701/702,PUD701 etc

raksrules is somewhat correct. Fuzzy logic is basically a specific variation of the closed loop control system. It sort of mimics how a human would behave if he were personally controlling operations. That is a very non-tech explanation suited to this section.

As far as I know most washing machines have a fuzzy mode of operation as an option. It has absolutely nothing to do with the kind of human interface provided on the machine panel.

I have a Samsung toploader that has been working for me since the last 8 or 9 years. It also has fuzzy mode and I usually use this mode.

I have had a few service issues but I must admit that Samsung's ASS has been top-notch. And BTW none of the service issues had anything to do with fuzzy logic. :)

adder, is your machine capable of remembering states,ie. when power goes off in the middle of a wash program, will the machine remember the remaining time and work for the remaining time only or will it work from the begining of that wash program.

manickavasagamt said:
adder, is your machine capable of remembering states,ie. when power goes off in the middle of a wash program, will the machine remember the remaining time and work for the remaining time only or will it work from the begining of that wash program.

yes it can rememeber the time and cycle,basicaly starts of from where it left off.

I bought SUD 701 after reading the washing machine thread & very happy with it. (Thanks to adder:))

IMO machine with main dial (to select wash cycle) & some digital buttons is easier to operate than machine with all digital control.

patrix, what is the cost, from where did you get it . can you tell me where the machine was manufactured( manufacturer address.). what about anti rat mesh and what about the dimenstions, can you get me the height breadth and width fo the machine.i too prepared to get a sud 701.

manickavasagamt said:
patrix, what is the cost, from where did you get it . can you tell me where the machine was manufactured( manufacturer address.). what about anti rat mesh and what about the dimenstions, can you get me the height breadth and width fo the machine.i too prepared to get a sud 701.

well the SUD701 is a direct import . whirpool last i heard doesn't sell the anti rat mesh for front loading models,but i doub't any rat can get inside since the bottom is so close to the ground.just buy one of those mosquito mesh which is put in windows and stick to the bottom,to prevent pest and insects to get in.
the dimensions of the washing machine is (W 59.5cm x D 59.5 x H 85cm).

thanks patrik+.
adder i have booked for sud 701 for 26k. i will be getting it in another two days. pl. tell me what things i should note with the installer. how prepared we should be before installation like power point water connection and drain facility. for power i have a 16 amps socket for water connection i have one way angle cork which has outer thread should i purchase any extension nipple or adopter. for drain i have a provision at floor level.

how good are abm501/551/552 models? since we are a family of 3 and will be using the mc every alternate day, 7kg will be way bigger for us.

Any other good models in 5.5-6 kgs range? I have decided to chk Whirlpool and IFB models shortly. What other brands are worth buying?

amazer said:
how good are abm501/551/552 models? since we are a family of 3 and will be using the mc every alternate day, 7kg will be way bigger for us.

What other brands are worth buying?

well the ABM 501 etc are simple and have good build quality,certainly better then IFB.for a family of 3 u should be fine with a 5kg or 5.5kg.

Back