about fuzzy and electronic control of washing machine

manickavasagamt said:
adder,do your washing machine have certification like "A" "B" "C". in using water and power. wash quality and spin dry level.

well this a european product,with mostly european certification.its CE certified,wool mark certified,its a direct import.
it has the lowest water consumption compared to other whirpool washing machines and many other indian companies.it uses 8.1 litres of water/Kg of load,compared to many lower end and other makes which consume about 11litres of water.
i don't know about A,B,C. but it closely resembles this model,in specfication and 95% in looks. Whirlpool Clean+ 6th Sense washing machine-AWO/D6527-859293515000

in terms of looks,button layout,LED display etc it exactly 100% resembles this Whirlpool 6th sense washing machine-AWO/D5706/S-859247415700

adder, what is the power consumption like in sud710/pud701 compared to its equals in other brands? Does the power consumption depend on the machine or the load(no of clothes)? Since sud701 is nowhere available in hyderabad, i have decided on pud701........how do you rate that machine compared to sud?

amazer said:
adder, what is the power consumption like in sud710/pud701 compared to its equals in other brands? Does the power consumption depend on the machine or the load(no of clothes)? Since sud701 is nowhere available in hyderabad, i have decided on pud701........how do you rate that machine compared to sud?

well PUD 701 isn't as good as the SUD701,but compared to the competition like IFB its still better.
yes the power consumption depends on the load,but the max power consumption of SUD 701 is 300watts which i guess is when u choose the 1200rpm spin option.
it also has a heater which is rated at 1900watts.

okie...does pud has a plastic drum like sud? Every dealer in here is hell bent on selling a LG product but im kinda interested in a seimens A10165 or whirlpool PUD701. Anyone with anykind of experience with seimens machines in terms of performance and maintenance issues(like availability of spares and costs) will be appreciated.

amazer said:
okie...does pud has a plastic drum like sud? Every dealer in here is hell bent on selling a LG product but im kinda interested in a seimens A10165 or whirlpool PUD701. Anyone with anykind of experience with seimens machines in terms of performance and maintenance issues(like availability of spares and costs) will be appreciated.

well my uncle has the siemens 165IN 5.5kg model,it too has a plastic drum.but don't let the plastic fool u,these are just as heavy as say the IFB ones with SS drum.
initialy when i was hunting for my washing machine i had made the SS has a top priority,but if u have to look at the overall build quality and the SUD 701 impressed me with it overall build even compared to the siemens.

BTW the siemens models are old models launched in 2007 ,the remaining stocks are still sold in india.

can any one tell me where in chennai i could get SUD 701. still without a washing machine. what about a lg direct drive washing machines . is direct drive maintenance free or low.

hai every one, belated new year wishes.
Got this m/c(F 1056LDP, LG Direct Drive front load washing machine) last week. started using, since yesterday. Demo person explained every thing ,about the preset programs, about load and about maintenance too. Demo person was ready to do his job the very next day. To my bad luck i was not ready for the demo. so i asked for a specific day and specific time. But response went down. Finally i got the installation and demo done last saturday,30/1/2010(after a week time). Demo person insisted me to load the machine with only half the drum . Mine is 5.5 Kg capacity machine. So for a family of four adults, i do laundry daily.

My first load was with 3 shirts and 4 trousers. It look 1hr. and 13 mts. for washing. Did not check for the water used. One shirt out of my first load had about 10% dirt in the collar but i am sure it had very tough dirt which i did not pre treat.

My second load was four blankets not jumbo sized. It did the work in 1hr. and 13 mts. ,with 40 lts of water(after measuring water from drain),with 3/4 scoop of surf det. . blankets were clean.

My third load was with regular use cloths(about 8 nos. of cloths). i tried quick 30( but this option is for light load around 1.2kg. but i hope i have exceeded this weight) , it took 40 mts,with 29 lts of water and with 3/4 scoop of surf. the machine vibrates at rinse and spin at 800 and 1000. Result of washing was good. still i am to watch power consumption.

Being a direct drive machine it did not satisfy my low noise requirement.
The picture in the lg web site for this model does not match with the product sold, except for the model no..

i did not see the machine at the store as there was no stock at the time. By looking into the lg web site i ordered for the machine..

Back