Absolutely pathetic service from Airtel Broadband

gourav

Skilled
Last to last Friday, applied for Airtel Broadband. The sales guy said connection will take 4-5 days since I'm the first applicant from my building. At this point, their box was already installed in my building.

After I had sent the application, the sales guy took 5 days just to process the order, even though I had made the payment immediately on receiving the payment link. Then the engineer came for installation next day. After putting the wire, he said building's link is not active. I called the sales person and he said there was some issue and link will be activated next day.

Since then, 9 days passed and both sales person as well Airtel CC kept telling me it will take 2-3 more days whenever I called them. Mind you, I made several calls trying to get a proper response, but I couldn't. Finally today morning I received a message from Airtel saying connection is not feasible in my building and my application money will be refunded.

3 hours later, the sales person calls me and says the building's link has been activated and that I shouldn't have canceled. I told him I did not cancel, it was cancelled by Airtel automatically.

Then he goes ahead and tells me that if I want the connection, I can apply again. I told him to install and if it's activated, I'll make payment on the spot. He said that's not possible. They can give connection only against advance payment. I told him that my money is still with them. He says since the order has been cancelled, it's no longer possible to give connection against that order.

So Airtel sits on my money for 12 days, does not offer any compensation, and then asks to make payment again even before my money has been refunded to get the connection.

It's unbelievable that companies can get away with treating customers like shit. I hate that consumer protection laws are so weak in this country that these companies do whatever they want, don't even offer an apology, and straight up ask me to make payment again. If I had any other option, there was no way I would have applied to Airtel again. Unfortunately, in my building, they are the only option other than the shitty local cable provider. So I'll have to make advance payment again.

good that I see this now. I have been with jio for the past 6 months and airtel has installed their fibre connection poles and canvassing for connection. JIO was very smooth so far. Dont need to disturb I believe.

I feel your pain man, went through something similar with ACT Fiber, their attitude change complete after taking the money.

Anyway if you live in an area with 5g coverage maybe try buying an old 5g phone and using it as a hotspot.

they are the only option other than the shitty local cable provider
If that is the only other reliable option for internet in the building, I'll just do what the guy says because I wouldn't want to get stuck with the bad internet in any case. I'll pay them double just to get them here faster. Even if it takes 2 months to install, I'll take it.

Anyway if you live in an area with 5g coverage maybe try buying an old 5g phone and using it as a hotspot.
Been using 4g Hotspot for last 2 weeks. 5g phones are costly and I didn't want to spend much as the situation seemed temporary initially. I also tried to get Airfiber from Airtel, but they are not selling that either.
ll just do what the guy says because I wouldn't want to get stuck with the bad internet in any case. I'll pay them double just to get them here faster.
I'll also do that in the end anyway.

From personal experience, the customer service numbers are useless and the salespeople are literal scammers. Once it gets running, it's mostly fine. 0/10 in the initial months, 9/10 afterwards.

Once they cancelled my application, they won't even let me talk to customer care. There is no option to speak to a representative unless you have an active connection.

So they cancelled and won't even bother telling me why when the link for my building had already been activated.

Back