AC Tonnage Calculator & Carrier Estrella

HailStonE

Skilled
Guys,

I looked for a no. of AC tonnage calculators but could not find the right one the following two are giving conflicting results....:S :S

1. Carrier AC Calculator
2. Hitachi AC Calculator

I've decided on Carrier Estrella but the tonnage needs to be calculated... The room is 11x16 Ft. east facing with 24 Sq ft .window (East), other walls are opening into rooms.. The said room is on the ground floor with a room constructed above it... the sunlight falls on the east wall only, till 11:30 am since ~7:00 am...

There is a wall to wall wardrobe of 7x2x8 ft. (lxbxh) on the western wall... The electrical equipment would be a TV, fan & tubelight...

Also can somebody confirm the actual wattage for Estrella 'coz the BEE document have a different wattage mentioned then the catalogue....:( :(

bigbyte said:
for 11 X 16 ft room go for a 1.5 tom AC regardless of what website says...
Believe me you will be a happy man

The room is on the ground floor with no direct sunlight after noon.... what about a higher capacity 1 ton.......

Boss all these theoretical calculation fail when it actually comes facing Indian summer and heat and humidity of Chennai. Moreover since you are planning for a split AC, the outdoor unit may be exposed to a harsher conditions. That's why I suggest that for a 175 sq ft room go for a 1.5 ton AC.

i got a 1 tonne AC for 100 sq. ft. room and 1.5 tonne AC for 180 sq. ft. room.

so you should also select 1.5 tonne for your room of 176 sq. ft.

btw my room also has one floor above it, though it faces west so more of sunshine but a little over tonnage will definitely help for better functioning.

medpal said:
i got a 1 tonne AC for 100 sq. ft. room and 1.5 tonne AC for 180 sq. ft. room.

so you should also select 1.5 tonne for your room of 176 sq. ft.

btw my room also has one floor above it, though it faces west so more of sunshine but a little over tonnage will definitely help for better functioning.

Estrella 1.5 ton is 17500BTU... do you think there could be another brand I should consider.... Reason why I selected this model is that it has very low energy consumption & very low noise (as per catalogue)... :hap2: :hap2:

Scrolls are still out of question 'coz they are prohibitively expensive for 1.5 ton & hardly any models available...:no: :no:

Also what do you recommend for a 156 Sq Ft. room (12x13) with all walls facing rooms except a 4x11 sq.ft. area on east facing wall open outside but that also partially shaded by another wall.... A room is constructed above it....:D

My office has a 1.5 ton carrier AC installed. It's a 14 X 12 ft room with no direct or indirect sunlight, and the surrounding area is air conditioned as well. There are 2-3 comps and two person occupy the room with very less visitors. Though I feel very comfortable in my room I can observe that during summer the compressor of the unit is ON for 80-90% duration, that is very high duty cycle of the compressor. I also have to set the unit for maximum cooling. Hence 1.5 ton is just sufficient.

bigbyte said:
My office has a 1.5 ton carrier AC installed. It's a 14 X 12 ft room with no direct or indirect sunlight, and the surrounding area is air conditioned as well. There are 2-3 comps and two person occupy the room with very less visitors. Though I feel very comfortable in my room I can observe that during summer the compressor of the unit is ON for 80-90% duration, that is very high duty cycle of the compressor. I also have to set the unit for maximum cooling. Hence 1.5 ton is just sufficient.

This is another bedroom with just a TV & no Computer....

Back