Laptops Acer 5740G issues , must see !!

Hey

u can get full replacement via-dealer only coz if u bought from lamignton road all product carry 3dayz dealer warranty u need to convince them good tat if tat laptop is new it may have lots of problems.. dont worry u will get full new lappy and if they ppl tell u tat they had repaired talk to main guy in service center and get replacement with the new...

dont be soft with them try to be rude sometimes its helps..

panky.killer said:
Hey
u can get full replacement via-dealer only coz if u bought from lamignton road all product carry 3dayz dealer warranty u need to convince them good tat if tat laptop is new it may have lots of problems.. dont worry u will get full new lappy and if they ppl tell u tat they had repaired talk to main guy in service center and get replacement with the new...

dont be soft with them try to be rude sometimes its helps..

i bought it from acer mall , m.g road , manipal center , bangalore on 23rd feb and called them abt problem at 25th feb and gave them the laptop at 26th feb . the acer mall technical guy told he is taking the laptop for testing and told that i will get the laptop at monday . if the problem persists i will tell them to replace it immediately . but what if i get responses like "sir we cant replace it , give it to service center , blah blah" ??
moreover i donno if the acer mall technical guy told anything abt this to his boss but i have a receipt dated 26th feb of my laptop , some delivery receipt .

what should i do guys tomorrow ?
tomorrow is judgement day .

i will update you guys at 7pm today , m going to meet the dealer at 5pm .
edit:7pm

they replaced it but the laptop seems to be used as it is manufactured in jan and he is telling that acer service center gave the laptop in exchange of the faulty one .

the box seal was already broken , but i am happy everything is working fine .
he told the acer service guys gave the laptop but i donot know , maybe its a showroom piece .
anyways its working fine except the lcd screen which looks older ..

Can anyone please tell me the exact serial/model no. of Acer 5740G Core i5, 4GB DDR3, 500 GB hdd, ATI 5650 1GB ?
Will be buying it really soon, hence want to make sure that there is no miscommunication between me and the dealer,as their is this another model with same specs but ATI 5470 1GB.

^ Yup there are two models, one with 5470 and other with 5650.

The model with ati 5650 is Acer Aspire 5740G 434G50Mn

43 stands for Core i5 430 2.27GHz 3MB cache

4G stands for 4GB DDR3-1066

50 stands for 500GB 5400 rpm drive

M stands for Multi drive- meaning DVD-R/RW/RAM

n stands for Draft N Wi-Fi card

But do make it very clear (read shout) that you want ATI 5650 and not any laptop with a 1gb card. Dealers don't understand graphics card and all they care about is the graphics memory.

thanks, but somewhere I read that 434G50Mn has 5470 and somewhere 5650, I am looking for the serial no. - PXM (or whatever) xxx.xxx.xxxx

And apologies for the double post, needed a quick reply! ;-)

It is clearly mentioned in the box package under contents. Just ask the dealer to get you one which has ati hd 5650 mentioned. And the laptop has a 5650 sticker beside the touchpad.

Hi Rajesh,
Are you able to got the problem resolved? What was the problem?
I am planning to buy a Acer 5740G by next week. What would you suggest. Please let me know your opinion.

Thank you,

Regards,
Akshara.

Back