Laptops acer aspire 5738 problem

sudeepta

Disciple
Hello all,

I just bought an acer aspire 5738 laptop yesterday. So far the experience has been very good except for one glitch. Whenever it goes to stand by mode, I'm not able to get it come out of it using random keystrokes or pressing the power button. I end up rebooting it. I havent used laptops much, so maybe I'm doing something stupid there :) .Could anybody suggest a solution plz?

Thanks
Sudeepta

hi sudeepta ,

i also bought one for my freind and am in installing OS ...

BTW ... what the hdd and core temp ur getting ?

Also which OS ur using ?

sudeepta said:
Hello all,

I just bought an acer aspire 5738 laptop yesterday. So far the experience has been very good except for one glitch. Whenever it goes to stand by mode, I'm not able to get it come out of it using random keystrokes or pressing the power button. I end up rebooting it. I havent used laptops much, so maybe I'm doing something stupid there :) .Could anybody suggest a solution plz?

Thanks
Sudeepta

Hey hi Sudeepta

Hey I would recommend to re-install the OS if you are using XP, I suppose some drivers are missing. Try with a genuine copy of OS. i have seen the same kind of problem but fixed with a genuine copy of XP. Also check your compatibility with XP or Vista.:hap2:

I also have a similar problem on my Aspire One. It comes out of Standby but the wireless kinda dies off. I have to shut it off remove the battery and plug it in and start off again. So bottomline... I never ever ever ever ever put my Aspire One into standy :bleh:

hi ... i installed original Win XP with SP3 and no such problems.

Whenever it goes to stand by mode, its coming up using any keystrokes or power button.

Also guys with Acer Aspire 5738 : whats the HDD temp youa re getting....

the one i got came with WD 320GB HDD Scorpio Blue and general temp is around 52 C

and goes upto 55 C under load.

My office Dell D630 is only going upto 40C in same environment..

Am kinda worried ( Using HWMonitor 1.14 to check temp )

Prakash Bhargav said:
Hey hi Sudeepta

Hey I would recommend to re-install the OS if you are using XP, I suppose some drivers are missing. Try with a genuine copy of OS. i have seen the same kind of problem but fixed with a genuine copy of XP. Also check your compatibility with XP or Vista.:hap2:

Genuine and non Genuine Never understand the difference. i think Only one difference is when u pay its Genuine

I got copy of XP as bday gift frm my Office.:clap::hap2:

@Prakash Bhargav

I'm using an xp cd which i had from my college days :) ..i dont knw if it is genuine or not, it uses a license number though..but does that really matter? i'd like to add that i dont face the problem with ubuntu

@Prakash Bhargav
I'm using an xp cd which i had from my college days :) ..i dont knw if it is genuine or not, it uses a license number though..but does that really matter? i'd like to add that i dont face the problem with ubuntu

Hi,

I just browsed through some tech forums..it seems lack of AHCI drivers may cause problems, since I had installed xp with IDE mode..I'll try to install AHCI drivers and see if the problem exits.

Sudeepta

sudeepta said:
Hi,

I just browsed through some tech forums..it seems lack of AHCI drivers may cause problems, since I had installed xp with IDE mode..I'll try to install AHCI drivers and see if the problem exits.

Sudeepta

hi buddy ... i installed XP in IDE mode but was not able to replicate the problem

why dont u try to reinstall with another install cd of xp

i bought this acer aspire 5738 jst 2mnths bak n now im facing sm trouble with the touchpad.

Tapping the touchpad should perform the 'click' funtion (it used to,until it was the last night when it stopped workin).Till just a few seconds after the startup,I can tap the touchpad to click but after that,it just doesnt click!!!well,it works before startup and that is when im prompted for the password.

however,I can still use the pad for navigating around on the screen but to click,i gota use the two buttons provided jst below the touchpad that are too hard to be cald the 'left' and 'right' click..

help me out please..how do i get it right?I want the tap on the touchpad workin usually again....

thankin U !!

Back