OC & Modding Acrylic clear case Mod started

yohanns23

Disciple
Hi Every1 Just Got My New Acrylic Pc Case....Had To Laser Cut It!.....Has A Few Miss-Alignments But Can Rectify It Easily.....

My Pc Specs-

Proc=Amd X3 8450

Graphics=Zotac Amp OC 9600 GT

Sound=Sound Blaster 5.1

HDD=1x Seagate Barracuda 7200.0 rpm 250GB (sataII)

1x Seagate Barracuda 7200.0 rpm 160GB (sataII)

Ram=Transcend DDR2 1x2Gb STICK 800MHZ

Optical =Samsung sata dvd writer 22x

Power Supply=Black Diamond 400W Power Supply....

Havent posted Pics Of My System As Yet....But Plz Take A look At My Acrylic Case

(Did Not Remove Protective Sheet Yet)

ANYONE HAVE SUGGESTIONS ON ARRANGEMENTS OR ANY TIPS FOR ME??PLZ POST....:hap2:

photo0219.jpg

photo0220.jpg

photo0221.jpg

photo0223.jpg

photo0224agv.jpg

photo0225.jpg

photo0226.jpg

photo0227.jpg

Re: Acrylic Clear Case Mod Started!!

make arrangement for a 120mm FAN at front.

do u really need 3.5" drive bays?(1 would probably be enough. or if u are planning some accessories than let us know)

u don't need to cut out exact shape of ur mobo back connection slots. mobo does comes with a rectangular plate. so u need to cut it rectangular.

fan grills: cutting a circle & fitting it with fan grill would be better than cutting that kind shape in Acrylic. or u can do better designs in acrylic itself.

great going as of now:hap2:

Great work. Keep us posted with pics.

Where did you buy the acrylic? How much? How did you
laser cut?

@Sudarshan_SMD

I Have 2 120 mm Fans Blue Led Via KMD Cooler Master (pics Posted Below)

Im Not Sure About The Fan Grills Coz I First Thought Bout Drilling A Few Holes In A Circle Lik A Pattern In The Acrylic Itself...But It May Weaken It.....Cutting A Circle Would Be Better But Once The Laser Cutting Is Done There Is No Point Of Return :(.....

@quad

I Got The Acrylic In Bangalore Itself...If U Want The Dealers Name And Contact Plz Tell Me Ill PM U.....

The Acrylic costs 2k

The Person Has A Engineer Who Does The Design In AutoCAD and Then The Machine Does The Rest....Sticking The Sheets Together The Old Fashioned Way(fevistick and a special cement i think...not too sure).....

TODAYS WORK:

Just Finished Cutting And Filing The I/O Slot On The Acrylic Case...The Laser Cutting Was Done On A Bare-bone Cabinets Via Removing The Rivets By Drilling Them Out. The I/O Plate On The Case Had Holes For The Port Which I Didnt Want Coz The Plate Given By The MoBo Was A Perfect Fit...So Filed And Cut it Myself.....

Posted Pics Of The Fans Too...And Mounted The MoBo On The Acrylic Sheet Too....And Finally Drilled Holes For The Power Supply.....

BTW SHOULD I USE L-BRACKETS TO STRENGTHEN THE FRAME ??

photo0228y.jpg

(Cooler Master 120mm silent 22dB fans Blue Led Via KMD)

photo0229.jpg

(Cut For The I/O Plate....BTW I Dont Laser Cut Myself...The Guy I Bought The Sheets From Did It For Me)

photo0230.jpg

(mounted My OLD RIGS MOBO JUST TO CHK ,USING MY NEW RIG RIGHT NOW FOR THE INTERNET,Will Mount It Once The Other Stuff In The Case Is Done)

photo0231.jpg

(mounted The PSU (stock) To Drilll holes To mount it)

CAN U ALSO SUGGEST GOOD PLACES TO MOUNT THE CCFL TUBES FROM KMD (I HAVE DUAL BLUE AND DUAL UV)(SHORTLY POSTING PICS)....

AND IF THE First Fan Is In THE FRONT ,WHICH IS THE BEST PLACE TO MOUNT THE OTHER 1.....AND FANS GRILLS...CAN U SUGGEST SOME ALTERNATIVES TO DRILLING HOLES TO MAKE THE GRILLS.....

THANKS EVERY1 FOR THE POSTS AND HELP

Great start!

I'm very much convinced that from your existing periphery for the rear exhaust, the airflow would be significantly reduced. You prolly need to make more room for air to be blown out....or is it just me?

@damn
Ill Take That Into Consideration.....Maybe 2 More 120mm Fans......On The Sides maybe....Coz Im Mounting The First One On The Front And THe Other At The Rear......First Gotta Get The Mobo In Place And The Drive Bays Too....I Got The Metal Drive Bays Itself...Im Thinking Of Putting Them In Directly...??Is That A Gud Idea?(Pics Posted Below)
Im Mounting The I/O Plate Onto The Case On The Inside For An Exact Fit...
photo0232.jpg

(I/O Plate From Scavenged PC CASE)

photo0233.jpg

photo0234.jpg

(Hard Drive Fitted TO Show The Hard Drive Bays)

photo0235.jpg

(Old Optical Drive Bay)
Im Planning To Use These Itself But Will It be Better To have Transparent Hard Drive Bays ....It Would Cost A little More Coz The Guy Uses Standard Sheets (Have To Pay Full Price Of Sheet Even If Wasted) And The Laser Cutting Is A Bit Inaccurate...THANKS FOR THE POSTS EVERY1

@yohanns23 , it would be nice if you can post the dealer
info here, as it will still be a useful resource for all.
And this machine laser cutting stuff is really nice info. Opens
up lot of possibilities for case and other mods.

Sorry if my choice of words mislead you.

What I actually was suggesting was that you widen/increase/change the existing gaps in the 120mm rear fan area. Cause seemingly the very little area available for the fan to vent out the inside hot air would bottleneck your rear fan's performance.

u need an extra support for that PSU.

use some FAN grills or cut another design for FAN grill, coz the present grill design will surely restrict the airflow.

@quad-Its Real Easy To Make One....I Bought The Acrylic From A Dealer In Acrylic Sheets....Then Went To A Laser Cutting Shop....... U Need To Get The Sheets And Marking The Holes Urself Would Be Better Coz AutoCAD Is Kinda Imperfect....Ask Just Dial They Will Tell U All The Details...

@damn-No Problem At All.......I'd Most Probably Be Cutting a 12Cm Hole And Putting A Grill....I Dont Have A Radii Cutter But Ill Cut A Square And File The Edges Mostly But May Be A Messy Job.....Still Thinking About It....Not Too Sure....Thanks For The Help

@Sudarshan_SMD-Yup Ill Be Putting Some L Shape Clamps For The Psu Coz I have Tried Mounting It Without Support And What Happens Is It Bends The Back Portion Of The Frame....Im Also Thinking Of Putting Some L Shape Clamps On The Sides Of The Frame So As To keep It Intact And Only The Left Side Door Open Like The Ones In The normal Cabinets....AND D-E-F-I-N-I-T-E-L-Y Changing The Fan Vent Cuts....!!

Thank You rocky_pratik

THANKS EVERY1 FOR THE HELP ....ILL KEEP UPDATING SHORTLY....

Going To Get Some New MOBO Mounting screws Today And Start Mounting The Rear I/O Plate And Mobo Together!! :)

Oh Yeah Totally Forgot .....THE CASE COSTS 2K And LASER CUTTING(ask JUSTDIAL THEYLL GIV U THE DEALERS) ABOUT 600-700 Bucks

Hey Every1 Just Finished A Hell Lot Of Work....Pics Below

photo0243.jpg

FRONT VIEW(FAN CUT ,STILL NEED TO BUY A FEW GRILLS FOR IT)

photo0244.jpg

HARD DRIVE BAYS

photo0245h.jpg

REAR I/O PLATE MOUNTED ON THE BACK PANEL

photo0246d.jpg

PUT A FEW STANDS ON IT SO THE BOTTOM DOESNT GET SCRATCHED

photo0247.jpg

FAN CUT ON THE FRONT PORTION WITH FAN IN PLACE...2 SCREWS TEMPORARILY...

Thanks Every1...TOOK A HELL LOT OF FILING TO GET THAT HOLE DONE :crazy: LOL!

Back