OC & Modding Acrylic clear case Mod started

Re: Acrylic Clear Case Mod Started!!

Me Too ...Ill Keep U Guys Updated....And BTW Does Ne1 Have Suggestions For The DVD Drive Bay Design....Im Planning To Put The Whole Bay In But May Look Messy...Thanks For The Posts Guys!!!!...Suggestions R Welcomed...!!

Hey Every1 Just Finished Mounting Clamps On The Case....Pics Posted Below....
photo0249.jpg

photo0250.jpg

photo0251.jpg

photo0252v.jpg

photo0254.jpg

photo0255.jpg

photo0256a.jpg

photo0257.jpg

photo0258y.jpg

THANKS EVERY1 FOR THE POSTS!!!.....

i have made something similar... great effort i must say!

The acrylic i got was way cheaper..though i had to cut it myself.

one flaw in my design and ur design is that the PSU has to be supported..

it should have been down.

The PSU ur holding is a light generic one...

If u get a good branded PSU which is really heavy..it be a major issue.

I had a genric intex PSU initially, and when i switched to a Vantec 460..I realized the flaw.

Neways ..great job man!

I got all the mettalic components(back panel,DVD Drive bay..) powder coated to black.

It looks better that way.

Just a suggestion

@godsp33d

Yup I Think Im Also Heading Toward Powder Coating My Bays too...I Agree, We Have Similar Flaws....The PSU SHOULD HAVE BEEN AT THE BOTTOM....I CANT CHANGE THE POSITION NOW :'(........I HAVE A Black Diamond 400w real power PSU.....ITS VERY VERY HEAVY COMPARED TO STOCK!!!! LOL....WISH I HAD THOUGHT OF THAT IN THE STARTING....ILL POWDER COAT IT BLACK TOO.....:D...THANKS FOR THE HELP

@rakesh_sharma23

Hi Rakesh Can U Tell Me The Material U Used To Make The Fan Filter...I Agree The Case With Dust Looks HORRIBLE

THANKS EVERY1...ILL KEEP U GUYS ON THE UPDATE :D

@rakesh_sharma23

IVE SEEN UR CASE TOO AND ITS AWESOME...GREAT WORK ON THE WATERCOOLING!!!!!....IM RUNNING ON AIR CURRENTLY AND SOON ON WATER ONCE ITS DONE!!!

@godsp33d

DO U HAVE A LINK FOR UR MOD SO I CAN SEE IT PLZ.....THANKS :D

took a pic..

there still a lot of work pending on it..but ive lost patience :(

Attachments

• 05-02-09_1034.jpg
    05-02-09_1034.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 182

To Godsp33d
Black Power coating looks great...I should also try it...( added to "Things to do for Moding" list)

To Yohanns23
Your plan for Air cooliing is great,, But use some type of FAN FILTTERS since acrylic sheet easly get statically charged and attract dust particals (try to rub a cloth on the acrylic sheet and then bring your head near it, ur hairs will rise due to static charge in acrylic)
Air flowing inside will also generate some static charge in sheets and dust will stick on to it , making the cabinet full of dust....(i have faced this problem)

Filter will help your mod look more clean...

@rakesh

Hi Rakesh Thanks For All The Tips....LIFE SAVER!!!! THANKS MAN!!!

THE FILTER IS AWESOME>>>>NOW JUST NEED TO FIND A WAY TO SUPPORT THE PSU...lol....STUPID FLAW!!! uuhhh...

@godsp33d

Nice Case...The Powder COating Looks Superb...Putting That On My Mod To Do List

Take A look At These Pics:

photo0267.jpg

photo0268i.jpg

photo0269.jpg

photo0270.jpg

photo0272k.jpg

nice job mate

not a fan of the transparent cabbies..

but this one is a real neat job...

waiting for the final result:hap2:

THANKS EVERY1

@vinay_thakkur

Actually I'd Be Going With Metal Supports Itself Coz It Wud Be Hard TO Stick The Acrylic Plate As The Chances Of It Coming Off Due To The Weight Of The PSU Would Make It Break Apart.....Im Still Thinking bout it...have to mount the drive bays for the dvd drives still.....thinkin whether i should go with acrylic or metallic....Metallic ones wud be heavier and acrylic lighter but weaker.....still thinking bout it ...ne1 have suggestion....plz post ...thanks a lot for the help......

@ankitmane

Thanks Mate

@dark.lord.rules

Yup Thanks A Lot ...I got the UV reactive Cable Sleeving(blue Color) Via KMD And UV Tubes Too.....Sad Part Is 1 Of The Tubes Broke While Shipping!!! :'(....well still have the other one and 2 blue ccfl tubes are also there!! :D

THANKS A LOT EVERY1....SUGGESTIONS WELCOMED!!!.....PLZ POST IF YOU HAVE ANY....THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great work so far. Metal would look good, but you should

paint it some nice colour, or plate it - chrome, if

you like glitter.

Thanks A Lot Quad....Ill Be Doing That Then.....First Ill Put The Case Together...and after i get the whole lot working take out the hard drive and dvd bays and get them painted....!! thanks a lot guys!!!!! :D

yohanns23 said:
THANKS EVERY1
Actually I'd Be Going With Metal Supports Itself Coz It Wud Be Hard TO Stick The Acrylic Plate As The Chances Of It Coming Off Due To The Weight Of The PSU Would Make It Break Apart.....Im Still Thinking bout it...have to mount the drive bays for the dvd drives still.....thinkin whether i should go with acrylic or metallic....Metallic ones wud be heavier and acrylic lighter but weaker.....still thinking bout it ...ne1 have suggestion....plz post ...thanks a

My friend's professor got this cabinet. I think you should go for acrylic plate looks cool. Metal plates look kinda wierd in a transparent cabinet.

Let me know if you want to see more pics of the cabinet.

Back