ACT blocking torrent sites ?

sabby

ex-Mod
This happened to me a couple days ago and then it was fine after a few hrs. I thought it was some glitch. But from yesterday, again, popular torrent sites as torrentz.eu, piratebay, 1337 are not accessible - only a blank page shows up. Happening to anybody else in B'lore ?

YOU broadband here, torrentz.eu is not accessible, TPB home page opens but searches result in blank page. Torrenthound does not work. Kickass works for now.

Seems many websites have been blocked by numerous operators and the set of blocked websites seem same. May be some directive from TRAI or whatever which was probably not made public and only for the ISPs.

Last edited:
Thanks to all for replying. I know how to bypass but want ed to check whether its only ACT who is blocking - looks like either a nation wide blocking or blocking by the conglomerates.

Thank courts for warning isp's to block specific urls. Idiots used to block the whole domain previously when a single blog had hate content. Ex:wordpress.com

But how did this ban came out of the blue. Also that you broadband thing is not really new. I had seen this same PDF (it has a link on you broadband website i believe) few months back but some of the websites still would work on YOU broadband.

Back